IGNORED

Crowd

slartibartfast

Great atmosphere tonight. More than enough to convert another 2 of my son's mates.

It's really not that hard, you don't need premiership football, just an atmosphere and some teenagers that they look up to. 

Again, getting into a club has nothing to do initially with 'football'. This is where modern football gets it wrong by thinking that you will win kids over by making them sit still for 90 minutes and watch boring football. They'll learn to do that in time but initially it's the buzz and excitement.

Great atmosphere last night, the South Stand singers certainly got people singing and clapping, it was great to see it filtering along the stands. All we needed was a goal, but poor refereeing always gets the crowd going too. Enjoyed the atmosphere, shame the yellow team and one in black were out to spoil the party.

35 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

In my time watching city. That had to be the smallest away following I've seen. 

Several seasons ago we played Carlisle on a Tuesday night.......there were so few away fans that the chant went up "you must have come in a taxi"

That was about the smallest away support I can remember.

53 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I remember an evening game in the late 1980s (I think it was against Chester) when it was lashing down with rain and it looked like there were fewer than 20 away fans there, getting absolutely soaked in the Open End. I actually felt quite sorry for them!

12 minutes ago, Offside said:

I remember an evening game in the late 1980s (I think it was against Chester) when it was lashing down with rain and it looked like there were fewer than 20 away fans there, getting absolutely soaked in the Open End. I actually felt quite sorry for them!

Always remember as a kid watching the away fans come in to that section. Seeing how many we're being brought. I'm sure city fans used to go in there when away sides didn't bring many. Cracking away end

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Always remember as a kid watching the away fans come in to that section. Seeing how many we're being brought. I'm sure city fans used to go in there when away sides didn't bring many. Cracking away end

Yes I remember City fans often being in there as well in that corner by the Dolman.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

I assume the quoted value of 178 away fans included the team, manager, coaches, mascot and coach driver. 

Archived