IGNORED

Crowd

slartibartfast

1 hour ago, Offside said:

I remember an evening game in the late 1980s (I think it was against Chester) when it was lashing down with rain and it looked like there were fewer than 20 away fans there, getting absolutely soaked in the Open End. I actually felt quite sorry for them!

I remember that one I think one of the Chester fans was in a wheel chair. I to felt sorry for them even thought they should of moved them undercover,

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I assume the quoted value of 178 away fans included the team, manager, coaches, mascot and coach driver. 

46 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

You forgot to add the ref

I think the linesman on the Lansdown Stand side had a yellow shirt on underneath his top as well.

I've been quick to put people in their place talking about how quiet opposition fans were or 'How loud our fans were ' when it doesn't ring true but last night was excellent. Very loud throughout despite not much to shout out on the pitch. 

Has been the same mich of the season. Should be a great atmosphere next Saturday as Leeds fans are always excellent and I'm sure we wont dissapoint!

4 hours ago, 054123 said:

Great atmosphere tonight. More than enough to convert another 2 of my son's mates.

It's really not that hard, you don't need premiership football, just an atmosphere and some teenagers that they look up to. 

Again, getting into a club has nothing to do initially with 'football'. This is where modern football gets it wrong by thinking that you will win kids over by making them sit still for 90 minutes and watch boring football. They'll learn to do that in time but initially it's the buzz and excitement.

Very true.

My young boy and his mate (the mate has only recently taken an interest in City) were in tears laughing at the guys behind us in the Dolman and the atmosphere created by the singing section and the blocks on each side was excellent. 0-0 against a team who came to park the bus and a ref that ruined the game however my son and his mate had a great time and loved it. Fans did well again last night.

If only the goal had been allowed as well...

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

£34 a ticket.

Shocking.

Good crowd, but myself and two others won't be attending again at that price.

One thing the club/BS can't or won't get right.

get a season ticket and pay about £19 a game like the 13500 who took up the offer if you don’t want to pay the £34. The club got that right!!!

7 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

I've been quick to put people in their place talking about how quiet opposition fans were or 'How loud our fans were ' when it doesn't ring true but last night was excellent. Very loud throughout despite not much to shout out on the pitch. 

Has been the same mich of the season. Should be a great atmosphere next Saturday as Leeds fans are always excellent and I'm sure we wont dissapoint!

They really aren't, they are the archetypal one song and entitled group. Every year I think it will dawn in them that they are not a big club anymore, and every year I am let down.

10 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Almost outnumbered by stewards 

On that note I've been told by a senior steward that they are very short staffed for stewards at the club at the moment. They are now using the clubs doormen as stewards in the stands, especially in the standing area. So if any of you out their who wants a job get in touch with them. 

48 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They really aren't, they are the archetypal one song and entitled group. Every year I think it will dawn in them that they are not a big club anymore, and every year I am let down.

They'll be the loudest away fans this season........along with Cardiff.

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

On that note I've been told by a senior steward that they are very short staffed for stewards at the club at the moment. They are now using the clubs doormen as stewards in the stands, especially in the standing area. So if any of you out their who wants a job get in touch with them. 

I know it is a necessity owing to lack of numbers. Doormen as stewards... Different skill set needed mostly IMO.

Seems not to have caused many issues generally touch wood.

12 hours ago, 054123 said:

Great atmosphere tonight. More than enough to convert another 2 of my son's mates.

It's really not that hard, you don't need premiership football, just an atmosphere and some teenagers that they look up to. 

Again, getting into a club has nothing to do initially with 'football'. This is where modern football gets it wrong by thinking that you will win kids over by making them sit still for 90 minutes and watch boring football. They'll learn to do that in time but initially it's the buzz and excitement.

Thats a great thing to read.  Was same for me.  First match I was so short I could hardly see anything anyway.  In the old standing east end before seats circa 1978 home to Arsenal or before, sometimes they put kids on shoulders. I just loved being there.  Used to go into the 'players bar' with my dad. I've no idea how he seemed to know so many people.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 07:20, Red Army 75 said:

In my time watching city. That had to be the smallest away following I've seen. 

I remember a night game v Rotherham under GJ when we were flying and they were rooted at the bottom and hadn`t won in weeks. It was pouring with rain and it looked like they only had about fifty in the EE.

Needless to say, they won 2-0 - Earl Jean got both IIRC.:facepalm:

On 10/13/2017 at 23:29, slartibartfast said:

Good attendance considering Burton brought the square root of **** all.....oh and they're "unattractive" !

They were too far away for me to tell that Slarti TBH, but if they reflect their team's brand of football they're very, very ugly.

On 13/10/2017 at 23:32, ZiderEyed said:

Thought that when I saw the top tier was open. Fantastic. Atmosphere was good, if vicious.

Top tier was only open as it's the family area, as it is for every game. The first time it will be open this season to anyone else will be against Leeds on Saturday.

53 minutes ago, kanemochi said:

Top tier was only open as it's the family area, as it is for every game. The first time it will be open this season to anyone else will be against Leeds on Saturday.

Can't say I've ever noticed it then.

On 14/10/2017 at 11:28, Bullbag said:

£34 a ticket.

Shocking.

Good crowd, but myself and two others won't be attending again at that price.

One thing the club/BS can't or won't get right.

Get a membership Buddy Only about £30...Did not know if I could make the game till Friday 16:00...Went on line got two tickets in the Lansdown £28.00 each

Archived