IGNORED

Liverpool v Man U

Red Army 75

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

If Moyes had done that there'd be uproar.

Moyes drew 0-0 against Chelsea and there was no uproar. He also managed to lose 3-0 at home to Liverpool (the only time United have lost to Liverpool at Old Trafford this decade). It's absurd how poor Moyes was for them, he shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence as someone like Mourinho.

Except when I just did it :P

10 minutes ago, Distortia said:

Moyes drew 0-0 against Chelsea and there was no uproar. He also managed to lose 3-0 at home to Liverpool (the only time United have lost to Liverpool at Old Trafford this decade). It's absurd how poor Moyes was for them, he shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence as someone like Mourinho.

But did he play that kind of football? Having spent like half a billion?

4 hours ago, Distortia said:

Moyes was given a poor side in my view who were not going to win the league without fergie and fergie knew this too. He did not have a chance and they messed his career up. Horrid club. Mourinho hasn't done that well at all

Wonderful journalism on 5 live yesterday, the presenter almost rhetorically  asking a former utd and Liverpool player "is this the biggest game" in English football? 

I wish someone would have replied "if you keep telling me it is then I guess so"

They've become self fulfilling prophecies rather like the pram itself. Souness called them institutions yesterday and I thought, no there just football clubs.

What struck me was how they've now positioned themselves like giant American banks that when shit hits the fan, they will be crying that "they're too big to fail" or go do down in this instance. 

I have little time for either club or the cities they represent, which almost strike me almost as charity cases by the amount of attention and investment they feel they are owed.

Really hope channel 4 come to Bristol out of recognition of decades of independent creativity, rather than five live going to Manchester to keep them happy.

Archived