IGNORED

Embarrassed by your weak bladder?

Red-Robbo

What a thread. Yes, it's a bit annoying if people walk past you during the game and yes ideally they'd go at half time or whatever.

Certainly not annoying enough to make a thread on here about it though! It's probably about 5 seconds of minor inconvenience every time they go past you. Just something you have to put up with.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What a thread. Yes, it's a bit annoying if people walk past you during the game and yes ideally they'd go at half time or whatever.

Certainly not annoying enough to make a thread on here about it though! It's probably about 5 seconds of minor inconvenience every time they go past you. Just something you have to put up with.

It's such a funny thing but people do get so arsey about it.  Even when you come in just before the start people are rolling their eyes at you for daring not to be in your seat 10 mins before kick off! 

One bloke that did used to seriously piss me off was a chap in the middle of my row who had a mate on the end of the next block over. He had to go over to see him at least six times during the game for some reason and given one bloke he had to go past was a ninety year old with a walking stick I just thought it was bloody ignorant - he`s moved over to the other block now thankfully.

29 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I was so pleased when I managed to nab one of those when the SS opened - they`ll have to prise it from my cold, dead hand now!

No getting up to let people past, just swing your legs out into the aisle and a quick getaway when needed.

Exactly, I’ve had the same on in the Dolman for 16 years, no hassle and no hassling others.

23 minutes ago, lenred said:

It's such a funny thing but people do get so arsey about it.  Even when you come in just before the start people are rolling their eyes at you for daring not to be in your seat 10 mins before kick off! 

It's just a minor annoyance that is part of attending an event with thousands in attendance.

It was a bit like when I went into the Lansdown toilets shortly before kickoff which smelled absolutely horrendous.. was a bit unpleasant but nothing I can do about it!

37 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I can hold it in for yonks but once the seal is broken I may as well cut out the middle man and pour the beer straight down the bog.  Isn't that why they make Fosters ?

I'm the same Tone and if I'm on a session once the seal is broken it seems I'm peeing every few mins.

Ive also noticed that after two pints and I take a leak I reckon I pass more than I've taken on board. I've never measured it but it seems like way more.

Always seems odd to me.

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm the same Tone and if I'm on a session once the seal is broken it seems I'm peeing every few mins.

Ive also noticed that after two pints and I take a leak I reckon I pass more than I've taken on board. I've never measured it but it seems like way more.

Always seems odd to me.

I have the same problem. I drink a pint and piddle 2 :dunno:  Is that how they make Fosters ?

18 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's just a minor annoyance that is part of attending an event with thousands in attendance.

It was a bit like when I went into the Lansdown toilets shortly before kickoff which smelled absolutely horrendous.. was a bit unpleasant but nothing I can do about it!

Toilets can be a tad shitty at times

Can I just make the point that usually gets dragged up that, "you wouldn't do it at the cinema would you":nono:

No, because I'm not at the cinema, I did have a piss, 2 in fact, and I left before the final whistle too, so there. I'm sorry that whoever was in S19 on the same row as me missed a total of 12 seconds of the match as I went passed 3 times. Please bill me if it was you, for a full refund of lost minutes.

3 minutes ago, screech said:

Can I just make the point that usually gets dragged up that, "you wouldn't do it at the cinema would you":nono:

No, because I'm not at the cinema, I did have a piss, 2 in fact, and I left before the final whistle too, so there. I'm sorry that whoever was in S19 on the same row as me missed a total of 12 seconds of the match as I went passed 3 times. Please bill me if it was you, for a full refund of lost minutes.

Can't be fairer than that.  Good on you Sir.

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Can't be fairer than that.  Good on you Sir.

Thanks Big Tone, I haven't slept for two nights thinking about those poor people who missed 3 loose passes and an Eliasson mis control. I will write to them personally if it helps too.

2 minutes ago, screech said:

Thanks Big Tone, I haven't slept for two nights thinking about those poor people who missed 3 loose passes and an Eliasson mis control. I will write to them personally if it helps too.

I would rather miss the game than watch you having 3 loose passes and a miss control !!  No need to write to everyone as a full page apology in the Evil Post should do the trick.

18 hours ago, Eastred said:

Come over to the South Stand and you would have to stand up every twenty minutes because of the Dads and Kids that need to piss frequently...

That’s on top of them wanting to leave their seats ten minutes before half time and full time

They must be missing 50% of every home game

.....and don’t get me started on the lack of their basic manners of not asking “excuse me mate can I get past”?

Happy Days!

Seriously...what is that about? Why don't a lot of people ask 'excuse me please' anymore?

It's gone beyond ridiculous...happens everywhere now.

I had an instance where I was aware of someone who was behind me, who wanted to get past...after numerous people not asking, I thought I'd see whether this one said anything. Not a thing...turned round and went the other way, disturbing the majority of the row instead. wtf!!!!!!!

Same can be said when people don't acknowledge you letting them out into the road whilst driving...does my noggin in.

4 hours ago, The_Don said:

You sound rather angry about something very trivial. This happens week in week across the country, thousands of people enjoy a session before the game and after, nothing wrong with it.

I personally have an end of row seat which suits my urination needs perfectly, but I have a bladder like a bin bag so only need one after 4/5 pints :thumbsup:

That's fair enough. People get up at every match, however Friday night matches are particularly bad because a small minority consider the match secondary to the piss-up.

Having a group of people continually standing up to take a leak or get another pint throughout the game isn't fair on the majority of us trying to watch it. Once or twice maybe, but five feckin' times?! I'm not exaggerating - these tweed-clad muppets were literally up-and-down like a bride's nightie throughout the match.

And I was far from the most annoyed. Two whole rows were irritated by their antics, and it was the mild-mannered old chap who sits next to me who shouted "sit down for God's sake!" after blondies' fifth in-match exit. To which he responded with a drunken, unfocussed threat. What a belter!

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That's fair enough. People get up at every match, however Friday night matches are particularly bad because a small minority consider the match secondary to the piss-up.

Having a group of people continually standing up to take a leak or get another pint throughout the game isn't fair on the majority of us trying to watch it. Once or twice maybe, but five feckin' times?! I'm not exaggerating - these tweed-clad muppets were literally up-and-down like a bride's nightie throughout the match.

And I was far from the most annoyed. Two whole rows were irritated by their antics, and it was the mild-mannered old chap who sits next to me who shouted "sit down for God's sake!" after blondies' fifth in-match exit. To which he responded with a drunken, unfocussed threat. What a belter!

I know exactly who you are talking about as I was effected by it as well because I also sit in their vicinity. 

I think you're being lenient on them by saying it was five times throughout the match, I'd say 7 or 8. Could tell the guys next to them were getting annoyed as they didn't always leave in groups, was a couple here and a couple there.

Sounds trivial but totally understand the thread. It was very annoying as it happens every week!

16 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

If it was you A) you dress like a **** B) when lots of people around you ask you to sit down after your fifth excursion to the loo during the game, looking around and saying "Urr what?" didn't make you look hard, it made you look an even bigger **** C) I am not a teetotaller but I can hold it in for 45 minutes. That's supposed to be harder as you get older. If you can't stop yerself pissing constantly at 20, I suggest you get some Tenna pads. 

Nope not me, not one person said anything to me. One person in the seat separating me from the aisle didn't return for the second half but that was it.

I'd suggest chilling out old bean. You'll do yourself a heart injury getting so worked up about things. 

12 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Nope not me, not one person said anything to me. One person in the seat separating me from the aisle didn't return for the second half but that was it.

I'd suggest chilling out old bean. You'll do yourself a heart injury getting so worked up about things. 

We've got the football to do that!  :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, Pezo said:

What pisses me off is as the whistle blows for half time there always seems to be some bright spark that thinks that's a great time to come back from the concourse to there seat against the flow of people.

The thing in the Dolman is to dive off their seats at the final whistle then stand blocking the stairs while they watch the players clapping the crowd. Hence, the Dolman early leavers. If you've got to make a quick getaway for some reason you have to leave about 4 minutes before time to ensure you aren't stuck in the aisles for ages, watching the rest of the ground empty.

One amusing thing in this thread - which was intended to be light-hearted incidentally - is the blokes who are the most aggrieved seat leavers, the guys getting militant about their right to get up multiple times during a match, are often the same ones slating fans who choose to leave a few minutes before the end. As Richard Littledick would say, you couldn't make it up!

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I was so pleased when I managed to nab one of those when the SS opened - they`ll have to prise it from my cold, dead hand now!

No getting up to let people past, just swing your legs out into the aisle and a quick getaway when needed.

I have an end of row seat in the Dolman and it has turned out to be a smart move

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Aye, great minds, etc. Still have the masses wandering to and from the vom, but better to have some swivel space.

As an aside, a bloke next to me gets up every game around the 15-20 minute mark during a suitable stoppage and returns a few minutes later - without fail, usually looking a little odd. Don't know if he needs to have to shake hands with the unemployed or if he goes to have a Barclays (some sort of unusual fan ritual, perhaps?). :unsure:

My old man remembers going to the old Wembley and being crammed into a terrace with no prospect of reaching the stalls for ages. A great yellow cascade went down the steps and down into the greyhound track; bet the dogs must have stopped running when they caught a whiff. And an old teacher (Wolves fan) mentioned he was at a match when someone popped their fun-sized Mars bar into his coat pocket and filled it for him. :noexp:

On 10/14/2017 at 18:36, OddBallJim said:

It might have been me. I went for a piss maybe three times in the entire game. But I didn't have a cap on.

A cap is no good.

To stop you going that many times in a  game a stopper or a cork will probably work better.

On 10/14/2017 at 13:30, Red-Robbo said:

Fear not, the Ashton Gate chapter of the British Incontinence Society meets every home game in block 31 of the Dolman Stand,

Did someone misinterpret when reporting that LJ said we would be in Europe, when he actually said fans would be in continent in 3 years?

Archived