IGNORED

Palace improving... damn!

WhistleHappy

24 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I look at it differently. Them improving makes playing us less important as it doesn't need to be a springboard to start their season. I would mind them picking up points before they play us at all. Let's them strengthen the focus on the league 

I'm sure Roy would like a win coming back down here so a slightly under strength attacking palace side will play into our hands,who do we want in the next round lads?

I like it! The last thing we need is team on a bad run who will come to Ashton Gate and try to play a defensive game - e g Burton. If they have a bit of confidence it will be an open game which suits City’s style of play. Let’s hope they win 5-0 next Saturday 

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I don't think they will risk some of their main players, there will be changes but I don't think it will make it any easier. We will make changes so it will be a tough interesting game, like Watford and Stoke :fingerscrossed:

Zaha is a case in point there. It was his first game back yesterday and he admitted on Sky that he felt it afterwards. could go one of two ways I guess, either they rest him or want to give him another game to get up to speed. I hope it`s the former as he made the difference yesterday by all accounts - a confidence thing for them as much as anything I think.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Zaha is a case in point there. It was his first game back yesterday and he admitted on Sky that he felt it afterwards. could go one of two ways I guess, either they rest him or want to give him another game to get up to speed. I hope it`s the former as he made the difference yesterday by all accounts - a confidence thing for them as much as anything I think.

That was the main one I was thinking about, would be a massive blow if he played against us and broke down again, bench at best I'd say. They'll still have a decent side out , as did Stoke.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

That was the main one I was thinking about, would be a massive blow if he played against us and broke down again, bench at best I'd say. They'll still have a decent side out , as did Stoke.

I think you`re right - bring him on if they need to for the last twenty. We don`t have a reputation for kicking players though so Roy may think it`s worth the risk of him starting, he`s a canny old bugger and may think him starting is the best way of winning the match. I think if he plays the full 90 next Saturday at Newcastle (?) that will tell us a lot.

He is such a talisman for them though - they said on Sky yesterday that the atmosphere was noticeably more upbeat once the fans heard he was playing.

Archived