IGNORED

Taylor

Langford Red

He seems to have had a series of injuries this season. Disappointing as his link up play last season was good, but his finishing poor. I was hoping for an improvement this season. He’s scored regularly at a lower level so he must have some ability. Maybe not a 20+ goals player at Championship level, but he should be better than some of the run of the mill aging strikers we see in other teams at Ashton Gate. 

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Taylor is a good player. He needs to be playing. I would drop Reid back in to the mid and stick him with Famara. 

One 0-0 draw and all of a sudden we need to change the front two who are 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league so far this season...Taylor is a useful player but not prolific at this level thus far..12 games unbeaten why change the personnel...glad you are not a manager

25 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

Whats happening with Taylor!?

Is he injured, or did we just buy him to p**s the GASH off?

£5.2 mill on another striker. To me he is never worth that money and we will not see it back 

Haha far too early to write a player off after 3 months in the English game...5.3m is not a massive amount of money even at this level and he has shown thus far that he is capable of getting 20 goals plus this season

32 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

£5.2 mill on another striker. To me he is never worth that money and we will not see it back 

Don't you read other threads?

Its been mentioned several times that Matty Taylor is out injured........and so is Đurić before you ask.

13 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

One 0-0 draw and all of a sudden we need to change the front two who are 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league so far this season...Taylor is a useful player but not prolific at this level thus far..12 games unbeaten why change the personnel...glad you are not a manager

Like you I don't think we need to change, but Reid seemed a bit found out last night. Whether it was just Burton's tactics or teams have rightly identified him as a threat they need to stifle we will have to see. Taylor or Duric would have given us very different options, but as pointed out neither were fit or available to the argument is nul and void. 

20 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Taylor is a good player. He needs to be playing. I would drop Reid back in to the mid and stick him with Famara. 

Why would you drop Reid back? 

He’s been playing midfield for most of his career with us. Where most have been saying he will never amount to much and sell him or loan him out etc. 

But pushing him forward has been a revelation this season. 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Like you I don't think we need to change, but Reid seemed a bit found out last night. Whether it was just Burton's tactics or teams have rightly identified him as a threat they need to stifle we will have to see. Taylor or Đurić would have given us very different options, but as pointed out neither were fit or available to the argument is nul and void. 

And yet he was unlucky on 3 occasions that I could see on the highlights, including having what looked like a perfectly good goal ruled out.

42 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

Didn't Diedhiou score in multiple consecutive games before this one? Think people are forgetting how incomplete a player Kodjia was for us because Abraham was so good. As for Taylor, he is injured.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Like you I don't think we need to change, but Reid seemed a bit found out last night. Whether it was just Burton's tactics or teams have rightly identified him as a threat they need to stifle we will have to see. 

Reid, like most of City's players got frustrated with the lack of service which was entirely down to Burtons stifling tactics,

He started to drop deeper simply to get a touch of the ball and by doing that left Diedhiou even more starved of service.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Reid, like most of City's players got frustrated with the lack of service which was entirely down to Burtons stifling tactics,

He started to drop deeper simply to get a touch of the ball and by doing that left Diedhiou even more starved of service.

@Port Said RedI think @Robboredhas got it right. I guess Bobby has been so outstanding this season, not only when scoring but his work rate too,  that it showed last night when his every touch wasn't as productive as usual. Burton did a job on us for sure making it difficult and frustrating as we couldn't play with our normal freedom and flair. They isolated our players, Bobby, Diedhiou, Leko and it showed.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

@Port Said RedI think @Robboredhas got it right. I guess Bobby has been so outstanding this season, not only when scoring but his work rate too,  that it showed last night when his every touch wasn't as productive as usual. Burton did a job on us for sure making it difficult and frustrating as we couldn't play with our normal freedom and flair. They isolated our players, Bobby, Diedhiou, Leko and it showed.

Thanks M, I was still on holiday in Cornwall, so it sounds like it was a good one to miss. :) 

52 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I wish I could like this more.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Haha far too early to write a player off after 3 months in the English game...5.3m is not a massive amount of money even at this level and he has shown thus far that he is capable of getting 20 goals plus this season

In what world is 5.3m not a massive amount to Bristol City? Although I agree it’s too soon to write him off and he’s doing alright in my opinion from what little I’ve seen

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

2 goals in 19 Championship games for us.

"Not prolific" is an understatement, as for the OP, what exactly are you on about?

Reid (playing in what would presumably be Taylor's position) has been as good as anyone for us this season, so are you seriously suggesting that he shouldn't be in the side?

53 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

In what world is 5.3m not a massive amount to Bristol City? Although I agree it’s too soon to write him off and he’s doing alright in my opinion from what little I’ve seen

I said 5.3m is not a big ammount for this league!!! We are in this league to compete we have to pay these fees

3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

A 0.0 draw with mighty Burton!! Poor result and like Millwall 2 points dropped against a poor side. 

Archived