IGNORED

Taylor

Langford Red

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

A 0.0 draw with mighty Burton!! Poor result and like Millwall 2 points dropped against a poor side. 

You're absolutely right mate, poor show. What did you reckon about the performances against Barnsley, Plymouth, Watford, Villa, Reading, Wolves, Derby, Stoke, Norwich, Bolton and Ipswich?

7 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Norwich, Bolton, Villa scrappy and similar. The rest were good. 

So you would agree we've had more good performances and results than poor ones? And will doubtless have noticed the massive impact of moving Bobby forward? Yet you would put him back into midfield? Why?

14 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

So you would agree we've had more good performances and results than poor ones? And will doubtless have noticed the massive impact of moving Bobby forward? Yet you would put him back into midfield? Why?

In tight games we need creativity. Reid and Taylor can offer that. But the fact is we buy a quality midfield player in Jan we keep Reid up top. 

7 hours ago, pongo88 said:

He seems to have had a series of injuries this season. Disappointing as his link up play last season was good, but his finishing poor. I was hoping for an improvement this season. He’s scored regularly at a lower level so he must have some ability. Maybe not a 20+ goals player at Championship level, but he should be better than some of the run of the mill aging strikers we see in other teams at Ashton Gate. 

something dodgy going on 

You're talking out of yer ar5e.

Taylor's injured.

Fam and Bobby are doing the business.

As LJ has said Fam brings others into the game with his link up play.

Bobby's work rate and quick feet have made him one of the league's top scorers.

It was really important for Taylor to have a full pre season which unfortunately he didn't through another injury to bring him up to the fitness levels of others.

He was trying to get stronger to help with his hold up play.

There is no doubt about his qualities but it shows the difference in fitness levels needed in the championship.

Realistically he has to target Palace in the cup as a start.

That should give him 90 minutes and a good test against some good opposition.

We have not seen a consistently fully fit Taylor since he signed imho.

It seems like he's fit for a few matches then gets injured.

I hope he gets there but I have this doubt that at his age injuries will hamper him.

I hope I'm wrong as if he can get there I think the coaching staff will improve him further and turn him into the £10M striker his previous club believed him to be.

38 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I must confess I only found out when the teams were announced on Friday night, guess we were keeping it fairly quiet until then

LJ talked about in the pre match interview on Thursday, he’s been having problems for weeks and hasn’t really gained full fitness all season due to setbacks.

1 minute ago, The_Don said:

LJ talked about in the pre match interview on Thursday, he’s been having problems for weeks and hasn’t really gained full fitness all season due to setbacks.

Cheers mate, I didn`t see the pre-match so it came as a bit of a surprise (and disappointment as the game went on as it would have suited him down to the ground).

16 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

One 0-0 draw and all of a sudden we need to change the front two who are 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league so far this season...Taylor is a useful player but not prolific at this level thus far..12 games unbeaten why change the personnel...glad you are not a manager

Horses for courses(maybe this should be on another thread!)-i would play Taylor against,shall we say,a few of the more "defensive" sides we face-especially at home-i feel his movement/workrate alongside a target man would help open 'em up..

We are going to win easily against Wolves and then lose meakly to Bolton; that epitomizes football. All I care about is that our season runs meaningfully until match day 46 or 49.

In the meantime as long as we stay in contention every bit of the way I am simply going to enjoy this season more than any other because, with the club I support, it has only been this good at this level two other times in my lifetime, 1976 and 2008. 

57 minutes ago, Swede said:

You're talking out of yer ar5e.

Taylor's injured.

Fam and Bobby are doing the business.

As LJ has said Fam brings others into the game with his link up play.

Bobby's work rate and quick feet have made him one of the league's top scorers.

It was really important for Taylor to have a full pre season which unfortunately he didn't through another injury to bring him up to the fitness levels of others.

He was trying to get stronger to help with his hold up play.

There is no doubt about his qualities but it shows the difference in fitness levels needed in the championship.

Realistically he has to target Palace in the cup as a start.

That should give him 90 minutes and a good test against some good opposition.

We have not seen a consistently fully fit Taylor since he signed imho.

It seems like he's fit for a few matches then gets injured.

I hope he gets there but I have this doubt that at his age injuries will hamper him.

I hope I'm wrong as if he can get there I think the coaching staff will improve him further and turn him into the £10M striker his previous club believed him to be.

sounds like the gas are having the last laugh then.

17 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

Whats happening with Taylor!?

Is he injured,

Yes

or did we just buy him to p**s the GASH off?

I think an element of his transfer was PR, but we did want him.

£5.2 mill on another striker. To me he is never worth that money and we will not see it back 

In this market he is worth that. He's doing fine - 6 goals to date and a goalscoring record of better than 1 in 3 in the league.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Horses for courses(maybe this should be on another thread!)-i would play Taylor against,shall we say,a few of the more "defensive" sides we face-especially at home-i feel his movement/workrate alongside a target man would help open 'em up..

I feel it would have been useful for him to have come on as sub, if fit, against Burton. City’s play was a bit too predictable and . Diedhiou was being battered by their two big central defenders and losing a lot of the battles. Taylor would have introduced a different element and possibly pulled the defenders out of position. 

2 hours ago, The_Don said:

Do people really not take an interest in what’s going on at the club? Anyone with an interest in City would know Taylor’s injured.

Believe it or not, a lot of City fans have a life outside of football. To some people football is only part of their life, not their entire life. Not everyone is enthralled by listening to LJ’s interviews

Taylor has a slight injury picked up v Ipswich. Rumour has it that it's mild and he'll be back within a week or 2.

Đurić and Pisano are both back in training so can expect both on the bench next match.

Korey is having a scan on his hamstring so unknown atm.

Gaz O'Neil just had surgery and out for 3 months.

Archived