IGNORED

Owls again talking about LJ as their next manager

Nuno Gomes

Can't say he would find sheffield an attractive proposition when he has board support here and the chance to really make a name for himself. I hope he also remembers how Steve stood by him when we were facing the drop last year too.

He's going nowhere, but may be harder to keep him next year when we are playing in the prem and in europe.

8 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Wasn’t this discussed a few weeks back?

It was.

I said then that LJ would not leave 'his' club. He loves City and wouldn't betray the trust and loyalty shown to him by SL.

Nice to see that other clubs are interested in LJ tho.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

If he wants to go then goodbye

There are plenty replacements available

Not sure there are many replacements who’d buy into what the club is doing and work within our structure personally. Not many of the conventional ‘managers’ that are on the circuit anyway.

If/when he does go - especially if he’s poached - I wouldn’t be surprised to see an internal promotion and McAllister to take over. 

7 hours ago, Red34 said:

Plus has anyone actually been to Sheffield? 

It's not as bad as Hull, but still...

SW-City 0-1,  Maynard. Think they went down to leauge one that season. We stayed in BB and had a good time. We had a good time in Sheffield. LJ is our manager and as long as we progress he will be in City. No reason for him to move.

9 hours ago, BigTone said:

If he wants to go then goodbye

There are plenty replacements available

Seems a bit of a leap from a few Owls fans wanting him as their manager to 'bugger off then'.

Your post would only make sense if:

1. there had been an approach that LJ was minded to accept or;

2. you are being ironic.

Given your usual quality I can only assume it's the latter.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Seems a bit of a leap from a few Owls fans wanting him as their manager to 'bugger off then'.

2. you are being ironic.

Correct Sir

If they were to poach LJ then it seems it takes as little to get a job in football management as it does to be sacked from one.

LJ's biggest achievement to date is guiding us to 17th in the Championship.  It would appear he would be offered the Sheffield Wednesday job based on a 12 game run this season.

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

2. you are being ironic.

That's not how irony works.

5 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

That's not how irony works.

One definition of irony is saying something with the intention of communicating its opposite.

Tone is important of course and I deduced Tone's tone* from his usual posting style.

Of course he may have been satirising some of the responses from the last thread on Owls fans wanting LJ, which did indeed react as if he was on his way to Sheffield already.

Of course his reply might itself have been ironic. :fear:

*not sure I can unpack that one myself on reading it again.

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

yup. Worked there for years. If it wasn't for a Regional Manager demanding my return I'd have stayed permanently

Have worked there too. Fine city, friendly people, a metro system, beautiful countryside nearby.

Still, apparently it's grim up North. :whistle:

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

One definition of irony is saying something with the intention of communicating its opposite.

Tone is important of course and I deduced Tone's tone* from his usual posting style.

Of course he may have been satirising some of the responses from the last thread on Owls fans wanting LJ, which did indeed react as if he was on his way to Sheffield already.

Of course his reply might itself have been ironic. :fear:

*not sure I can unpack that one myself on reading it again.

I'm tone deaf

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

This thread and it's reaction by some fans is hilarious...ONE Wednesday fan mentioned it....ONE....and that means the OWLs are showing interest...really? Laughable.

Same thing happened when a similar thread started a couple of weeks ago. A handful of posts on a forum and suddenly he was probably leaving.

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Same thing happened when a similar thread started a couple of weeks ago. A handful of posts on a forum and suddenly he was probably leaving.

The sad thing about the way the world works, is that media read fans forums, take 'stories', and use them to create news.

Our Op has taken one fans thought, and made it into a story that Wednesday are after LJ.

There forum has noticed a thread on here that LJ received death threats and could probably be persuaded because of that.

You can see how stories get distorted and taken out of context?

Believe me...Clubs read forums, as do managers and players. I always try to keep this in mind when posting now.

Would you say the same thing as you post....to the face of the person you are posting about? That's how I try to think now.

I know of an instance happening right now, where a manager has approached a forum member at his club, who has questioned his way of playing, and has seen it as disruptive and not helping the club....they've had it out face to face and it's an ongoing issue.

Personally I don't think the forum member is at fault...but even so...I do believe what's written on forums can affect what happens, usually through media picking stories up and adding pressure.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

The sad thing about the way the world works, is that media read fans forums, take 'stories', and use them to create news.

Our Op has taken one fans thought, and made it into a story that Wednesday are after LJ.

There forum has noticed a thread on here that LJ received death threats and could probably be persuaded because of that.

You can see how stories get distorted and taken out of context?

Believe me...Clubs read forums, as do managers and players. I always try to keep this in mind when posting now.

Would you say the same thing as you post....to the face of the person you are posting about? That's how I try to think now.

I know of an instance happening right now, where a manager has approached a forum member at his club, who has questioned his way of playing, and has seen it as disruptive and not helping the club....they've had it out face to face and it's an ongoing issue.

Personally I don't think the forum member is at fault...but even so...I do believe what's written on forums can affect what happens, usually through media picking stories up and adding pressure.

This ongoing issue hasn’t been ongoing for some 10 years or so has it? And isn’t now involving a Father & Son of managers is it?  :whistle:

Archived