IGNORED

OVER ACHIEVERS

kiwicolin

So Bristol City are over ACHIEVERS, from the commentary of our game , on Football on 5 . The Championship. 

We are 4th in the table by playing good football and having a team spirit that is better than other teams in this league. It's about time city get the respect they deserved.  

1 minute ago, kiwicolin said:

So Bristol City are over ACHIEVERS, from the commentary of our game , on Football on 5 . The Championship. 

We are 4th in the table by playing good football and having a team spirit that is better than other teams in this league. It's about time city get the respect they deserved.  

AND they said our best chance all game was a 1st half Brownhill shot. Wot  no disallowed perfectly good goal then?

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Don't think its about respect 5 have been fairly complimentary about us this season, let's be honest we probably are over achieving even in most City fans eyes at the moment, did many think we would be in the top 6 at this stage of the season ?

Doesn't mean we're over achieving though, just means we're "under-believing" !

18 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

We were called “unexpected but genuine promotion contenders” a couple of weeks ago on the same show. Wouldn’t worry about what people say about us.

Over achievers is a term based on predicted finish against our current position. At the moment we are massively over achieving with most places putting us either in or just above the drop.

In that list of overachievers you could add Ipswich, Sheff Utd, Preston. 

Nothing to get upset about, Leicester overachieved a couple of seasons back playing spectacular football. Long may it continue at AG

34 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Who are Football 5 then? Never heard of them and their opinion counts for nothing.

Channel 5 is a terrestrial British channel who have the tv rights to show the goals from the Championship and EFL games. It's hosted by Colin Murray and a pundit former PL full back Micky Grey.

No idea who  writes the script but it does leave something to be desired at times but overall it's a decent enough footie show.

It depends on the parameters set.

If your club has been embroiled in 2 consecutive relegation battles, setting club records for defeats along then way, then are rightly tipped to struggle this year, then yes we are currently overacieveing on the eyes of independent people looking on.

If we maintain this progress, finish top ten and build the team, then next year the parameters change and maybe playoffs is the expectation.

Then we won't be over achieving. 

Whilst there are many wise old owls on this forum who obviously saw all this coming, you cannot blame on lookers for failing to be as blessed with such for sight.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

It depends on the parameters set.

If your club has been embroiled in 2 consecutive relegation battles, setting club records for defeats along then way, then are rightly tipped to struggle this year, then yes we are currently overacieveing on the eyes of independent people looking on.

If we maintain this progress, finish top ten and build the team, then next year the parameters change and maybe playoffs is the expectation.

Then we won't be over achieving. 

Whilst there are many wise old owls on this forum who obviously saw all this coming, you cannot blame on lookers for failing to be as blessed with such for sight.

Absolutely perfectly fair comment by C5, we were also over achievers at this stage last season, too many people getting carried away. 

I think Im right in saying that over our history we are top end league 1 bottom half of championship.

Using this benchmark it would be fair to say that we are currently overachieving.

Mind you, if we go back just a year for comparison, losing 8 on the trot would represent overacheivement!

To be honest we are overachieving until we get past half way in the season, once every team has been played you can start saying we are there on merit. Given that people thought (both internally and externally) that we would be set for anywhere between 13th and 23rd (as usually people reserved bottom for Bolton or Burton) then yes we are overachievers right now. Really don't see what the issue is.

We aren`t overachieving as we haven`t achieved anything yet. We have had a good start to the season and I believe as others do that it feels `different` to last season.

I`m still looking to get the nine/ten wins we still need to be safe. Once we`ve got that and if there are still 10/12 games left then we can start looking at what we can do.

I predicted top 6 several weeks ago and that is genuinely head over heart.

But, I would still say we have over achieved being that my thinking was a couple of wins here and there, mid-table around Xmas, push on afterwards with a couple of additions if SL and LJ thought breaking into top 6 was realistic.

I certainly did not think the current squad would collapse like last year but then again I did not think we were capable of undefeated runs in double figures including premiership scalps along the way.

Maybe more above expectation than over achieved - or is that the same thing?

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

I predicted top 6 several weeks ago and that is genuinely head over heart.

But, I would still say we have over achieved being that my thinking was a couple of wins here and there, mid-table around Xmas, push on afterwards with a couple of additions if SL and LJ thought breaking into top 6 was realistic.

I certainly did not think the current squad would collapse like last year but then again I did not think we were capable of undefeated runs in double figures including premiership scalps along the way.

Maybe more above expectation than over achieved - or is that the same thing?

Not sure TBH!

I think the key to where we finish is whether we can carry on being consistent and hard to beat once the usual suspects get themselves sorted out and join the party - Boro, Reading, Wednesday, Derby etc. - if we can, then happy days. I`d still take 14th in May now if it was offered though!:whistle:

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

I think Im right in saying that over our history we are top end league 1 bottom half of championship.

Using this benchmark it would be fair to say that we are currently overachieving.

Before we were relegated I checked the position and we were precisely 24th or 44th, to be precise, in the all time league table. I reckon we might have edged up 1 max 2 places now so you are about bang on.

Archived