IGNORED

Tammys goals

WSMRobin

8 minutes ago, WSMRobin said:

Great to see him making his mark in the pl. Watching motd, can't help thinking he seemed to celebrate his goals for us with more excitement than he does for Swansea. Makes me want to believe he therefore had a real connection and lasting impression with us. 

Think you're grasping at straws there. He's a professional, can't imagine we're anything but a period in his career.

30 minutes ago, BournemouthRed said:

Got to be an outsider for a World Cup place in my view - if you're taking five strikers, can anyone name five more deserving of a place on the plane?

Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Sturridge (if fit) ... looks like a fight between TA and Defoe.

12/1 at BetVictor he's on the plane...

Didn't we have a massive thread recently about how he's chosen to play for Nigeria?

I wouldn't even take Sturridge. He's not played and when he has he's looked shite. That coward Southgate will though.

36 minutes ago, BournemouthRed said:

Got to be an outsider for a World Cup place in my view - if you're taking five strikers, can anyone name five more deserving of a place on the plane?

Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Sturridge (if fit) ... looks like a fight between TA and Defoe.

How depressing is it when you look at that list and realise they are virtually the only `international` class English strikers in the premier league?

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Didn't we have a massive thread recently about how he's chosen to play for Nigeria?

I wouldn't even take Sturridge. He's not played and when he has he's looked shite. That coward Southgate will though.

There was a thread but Tammy debunked the claim.

Sturridge has great talent but even when fit he doesn't seem to like running around much. With such a limited team we can't afford a stroller.

Welbeck has been much better in an England shirt imo.

14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

There was a thread but Tammy debunked the claim.

Sturridge has great talent but even when fit he doesn't seem to like running around much. With such a limited team we can't afford a stroller.

Welbeck has been much better in an England shirt imo.

I really like Welbeck, think he brings a lot to the England side. Charlie Austin would be available too wouldn't he?

1 hour ago, BournemouthRed said:

Just had a bit of that 12/1. He's 5/1 on SkyBet and he looks like he'll lead the line at Swansea more than Defoe/Sturridge/Welbeck will at their respective teams. Southgate not one to be scared to call up new players. Who knows.

Either way, if he goes on to get 10-15 this season, it'd be hard for him to be totally overlooked if the likes of Sturridge and Welbeck don't get many games due to fitness. If nothing else, I think 12/1 will be a big price come end of the season.

13 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Think you're grasping at straws there. He's a professional, can't imagine we're anything but a period in his career.

Not for a minute expecting him to come back, just think he seemed to really enjoy his time with us. Hope he can continue scoring goals and give Southgate something to think about for a world cup squad place. Also think he's one of the few Chelsea youngsters on loan who could eventually make their first team

2 hours ago, Ben4BCFC said:

Just had a bit of that 12/1. He's 5/1 on SkyBet and he looks like he'll lead the line at Swansea more than Defoe/Sturridge/Welbeck will at their respective teams. Southgate not one to be scared to call up new players. Who knows.

Either way, if he goes on to get 10-15 this season, it'd be hard for him to be totally overlooked if the likes of Sturridge and Welbeck don't get many games due to fitness. If nothing else, I think 12/1 will be a big price come end of the season.

Now into 8/1 at BV...

3 hours ago, HomerRed said:

I was pleased to hear Ian Wright, Wright, Wright actually mention Bristol City on MotD. It made me wonder if it was the first time we had got any sort of reference on the programme since 1980, unless you count Jonathan Pearce commentaries of course.

Well if you are going to discount the people who mention us, and ignore FA Cup episodes, then yes, probably. 

3 hours ago, HomerRed said:

I was pleased to hear Ian Wright, Wright, Wright actually mention Bristol City on MotD. It made me wonder if it was the first time we had got any sort of reference on the programme since 1980, unless you count Jonathan Pearce commentaries of course.

And he called us Bristol City, rather than "Bristol".

4 hours ago, HomerRed said:

To be fair, and I normally see Ian Wright as just a bit basic as a pundit, his points on MOTD last night were bang on. 

He highlighted Batshuyai's lack of movement and awareness and contrasted that with Tammys work rate (chasing down a keeper from the centre), and stated if he was Conte, he'd rather have Tammy than Batshuayi.

We all know how difficult it is for a young player (particularly a forward - Rashford being the exception) to break through at the big clubs but it's good to see some people recognise that a home grown striker with a natural instinct may just be better than someone you've spent tens of millions on..

11 hours ago, BournemouthRed said:

Expect Wellbeck to go if he is fit but Sturridge not to.

Sadly I doubt Tammy will go but if any of the main 4 are injured he might get a chance, I certainly hope we take a look at him in a few pre tournament friendlies.

11 hours ago, BournemouthRed said:

Welbeck will be in ahead of Tammy....

8 hours ago, WSMRobin said:

Not for a minute expecting him to come back, just think he seemed to really enjoy his time with us. Hope he can continue scoring goals and give Southgate something to think about for a world cup squad place. Also think he's one of the few Chelsea youngsters on loan who could eventually make their first team

It is ridiculous the number of players Chelsea have out on loan - did I read somewhere it's 38 or did I dream that?! Tammy has already played for Chelsea's first team but it would be great to see him in there regularly knowing we played a big part in his development...

In Tammy's situation he's absolutely doing the right thing at the moment. Better to be playing every week for Swansea, leading the line, than trying to force your way onto Chelsea's bench for a few minutes here and there and the odd start in the cups.

I doubt he'd go to the World Cup unless we have a glut of injuries, but he can't be doing his chances any harm.

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, and I normally see Ian Wright as just a bit basic as a pundit, his points on MOTD last night were bang on. 

He highlighted Batshuyai's lack of movement and awareness and contrasted that with Tammys work rate (chasing down a keeper from the centre), and stated if he was Conte, he'd rather have Tammy than Batshuayi.

We all know how difficult it is for a young player (particularly a forward - Rashford being the exception) to break through at the big clubs but it's good to see some people recognise that a home grown striker with a natural instinct may just be better than someone you've spent tens of millions on..

In fairness, the only reason Rashford got a look in was because Man Utd literally had no senior strikers available at the time he was given his opportunity & Van Gaal basically had no other option unless he went with no attacking players. Luckily for Rashford & England, Rashford hit the ground running & took advantage of his opportunity because if it wasn’t for the injuries he wouldn’t of got a look in as he wasn’t even being talked about as a potential first team player at the time & wasn’t even on the radar of the England U21’s, let alone Man Utd’s or England’s first teams.

I guess it just goes to show what can happen if you give a youngster the opportunity to impress, sadly it happens far less often in England than in other countries as English clubs would much rather spend millions on bringing foreigners in, rather than trusting our own young homegrown talent.

16 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

How depressing is it when you look at that list and realise they are virtually the only `international` class English strikers in the premier league?

Defoe, Sturridge, Welbeck, Carroll and Vardy have all scored for England in tournaments. 

Kane isn't doing too badly in the Champions League. 

Rashford looks decent. 

Abraham is doing well so far. 

In a year or two I suspect Solanke and Calvert-Lewin will be knocking on the door of the senior side - they both did well in the under-20 World Cup. 

I don't think that's a bad group to be choosing from. The England team has a lot of issues at the moment but I honestly don't think a lack of depth up front is the biggest concern at present (in recent tournaments it has been an inability to keep clean sheets in key games that has really cost us). 

Archived