IGNORED

OSIB first episode up

Shtanley

https://www.acast.com/osib/-1-hazeorgold-

First ep of the podcast is up gang, pretty chilled one to be honest. iTunes currently vetting our podcast so you won't find it on there until later. You could get the acast app on your phone which is really easy to use though or just listen through the link above.

We're on twitter @OSIBPODCAST, give us a follow as it's probably the easiest way to ask us any questions.

Obviously we want to get better each week so hearing what you guys want to be discussed is really helpful. If you don't like an aspect of the podcast/episode please let us know and tell us why. We genuinely do want as much feedback as possible.

I want to get more 1 to 1 stuff on there so expect that on next week's episode. I'm gonna find a cheltenham fan to chat to about our loan players, if you want anything to be asked just get in touch with me. 

Hopefully you'll choose us over any other local football podcasts. I can't stress enough how helpful you can all be by sharing this podcast with as many city fans as possible. The more fans listening the better it will become for sure.

Liking it so far chaps, good work. In regards to Bryan improving, I personally believe having a former City LB as a coach has helped him improve his defensive ability, he has come on leaps and bounds over the summer, presumably due to JMcA. Cannot see Golbourne playing for us again, with Bryan, Mags and Kelly all in front of him, we should be shipping him out after this loan.

Good first effort. Listened to about half so far.

Nice range of topics and both of you sound good.

You said you wanted feedback so these would be my areas to work on.. (I took a few notes whilst listening)

I liked intro on Thatchers Gold vs Haze I thought that was a nice intro.

Intro about actual podcast was a bit awkward - could’ve done with that being really strong and professional sounding.  When you got to introducing the podcast I thought the time capsule idea was very nice.

Would’ve been nice to introduce yourselves in a bit more detail - who you are etc 

Needs beds/production to give it that extra quality 

Needs more debate - you two agree a bit too much

I felt it was a bit long. I think something like this, especially with no guests, could be more effective as a 30 min/45 min thing. 

I hope that’s useful. Felt some observations would be more useful than me just saying I enjoyed it - which I did! Will listen to the rest later.

Really enjoyed it, good stuff. 

Could do with a bit of editing at points as got a bit waffley in places, i.e. Bounce around the ground convo.

Also could be recorded a bit better, the signal to noise ratio seemed a little low. Translates as a bit too much hiss (noise) compared to the voice level. Are you recording somewhere you can't be too loud? It seemed like you were trying to keep your voices down a bit? 

Also if you do want some music for it let me know. Not sure when I'd get the chance for it yet as I'm full on but if you let me know the sort of thing you might want I could put something together at some point...

look forward to the next one! 

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Haze is for teenagers. Gold every day of the week.

Haze was produced with the female market in mind, apparently.

That said, I don't like Gold either - still too sweet and too fizzy.

The tragedy is what they did to Cheddar Valley.... :crying:

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

What have they done to cheddar valley ? Still taste the same to me? 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I always thought it was too dry myself. Gold, then Natch, then whatever I can get my hands on!

Just now, Spoons said:

What have they done to cheddar valley ? Still taste the same to me? 

You must have an old batch in your local. It's now called Stan, is less orange and seems to have had about 3 tablespoons of sugar added to every pint. It's to appeal to the London market apparently.

Grown men were almost in tears in my local when they changed the recipe.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You must have an old batch in your local. It's now called Stan, is less orange and seems to have had about 3 tablespoons of sugar added to every pint. It's to appeal to the London market apparently.

WHAT?

Who the F is Stan?

Please tell me they have only changed the medium version of Cheddar Valley and not the dry version. If not, I'm off to Sandford tomorrow to protest.

20 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I will watch out for it. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

Really enjoyed it, good stuff. 

Could do with a bit of editing at points as got a bit waffley in places, i.e. Bounce around the ground convo.

Also could be recorded a bit better, the signal to noise ratio seemed a little low. Translates as a bit too much hiss (noise) compared to the voice level. Are you recording somewhere you can't be too loud? It seemed like you were trying to keep your voices down a bit? 

Also if you do want some music for it let me know. Not sure when I'd get the chance for it yet as I'm full on but if you let me know the sort of thing you might want I could put something together at some point...

look forward to the next one! 

Agree with that. I thought that at the time but forgot to note it. Perhaps could be alleviated with some beds - I suspect it might be due to low end microphones?

I agree with the waffle point too.

Again @Shtanley I hope this comes across as constructive how it’s intended. 

The points I noticed are really minor things which considering it’s your first go shows it was a very strong first effort.

I’m sure there are plenty on here who can help with bits and pieces. I can help with the production to a degree so feel free to get in touch.

Enjoyed that guys.  Thanks for putting it together.

I won't add too much other than to pick up one point where one of you "didn't have the numbers" on...I think it was how many clean sheets we'd had in the last month.   I'd say that if you're going to talk facts and figures then it would be good to have a crib sheet to hand that you can refer to.

Other than that, I liked the relaxed style, and it was a great idea to get the Burton fans involved.

Team Gold.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Half way through, the same as Phileas, really good stuff so far! I particularly like the away fans bit. Good stuff fellas. :clap:

As for Gold v Haze, Haze is just gay. ;)

Friend, gay isn't an insult unless you're a bigot and / or 12 and not v bright. And from your other posts I don't think you are either. Haze is yuck, mind.....

Good effort on the podcast guys

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agree with that. I thought that at the time but forgot to note it. Perhaps could be alleviated with some beds - I suspect it might be due to low end microphones?

I agree with the waffle point too.

Again @Shtanley I hope this comes across as constructive how it’s intended. 

The points I noticed are really minor things which considering it’s your first go shows it was a very strong first effort.

I’m sure there are plenty on here who can help with bits and pieces. I can help with the production to a degree so feel free to get in touch.

Yes, I'll echo Phileas in saying my feedback was only for minor details. I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was and if it stayed as it is I'd be more than happy.  

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

WHAT?

Who the F is Stan?

Please tell me they have only changed the medium version of Cheddar Valley and not the dry version. If not, I'm off to Sandford tomorrow to protest.

The dry one.  my local no longer sells it as a consequence.

A pint of "red" was the standard cider there before.

I still remember the chaos that ensued when some visiting workies decided to down 10 pints of it. One Latvian fell off his barstool in tears, a German got into a ruck with the darts team and an English lad from Norfolk grabbed the barmaids tits then shat himself. Literally.

18 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Friend, gay isn't an insult unless you're a bigot and / or 12 and not v bright. And from your other posts I don't think you are either. Haze is yuck, mind.....

Good effort on the podcast guys

It was meant to be a light hearted comment Stevey. My apologies if I've upset anybody, it was certainly not intended. Political correctness is not a strong point of mine TBH.

16 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It was meant to be a light hearted comment Stevey. My apologies if I've upset anybody, it was certainly not intended. Political correctness is not a strong point of mine TBH.

Thanks for the reply - I got the intent as being light hearted but just thought it was a misjudged choice of words. I wouldn't call it political correctness (suspect we both think it's a crap phrase) just not a good word to use as an insult (light hearted or not). 

Anyway, you clearly like a bit of ska so I'm sure we won't be falling out!

Might as well come out of the woodwork sooner or later..

I'm Joe from the podcast. Thank you all so much for the feedback, we're obviously new to this so any contructive critisim at this stage is appreciated and needed!

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Needs beds/production to give it that extra quality 

We're hoping to get a few transitions and jingles etc. without going too OTT. As for beds, my experience with them at my Uni radio is not a good one. They tend to make everything sound like you're listening to Radio 1 and remove that whole 'just a couple of fans having a chat' feel away from it. Going to try and work out a way around the background noise though. 

Needs more debate - you two agree a bit too much

Yes you're right we do, I'll give Stan hell next week. 

I felt it was a bit long. I think something like this, especially with no guests, could be more effective as a 30 min/45 min thing. 

We're going to try and shorten a bit, but we were very surprised at how much time flew when we were recording. With a third guest, getting anywhere near 30/45 mins would be tricky, so we'll aim for just shy of an hour. Hopefully if we can cut the waffling out then it won't feel like it's going on as long.

@Phileas Fogg generally just thank you for your input, we'd love to have you on at some point! 

Finally: #TeamHaze - none of you know what you're talking about ;)

1 minute ago, KevinWellRed said:

I'm Joe from the podcast. Thank you all so much for the feedback, we're obviously new to this so any contructive critisim at this stage is appreciated and needed!

Are you 12 then Joe? :me?:

It's really gonna spoil my enjoyment of OSIB knowing you actually like that insipid tosh! :whistle: I won't be able to take you seriously now. :nono:

2 minutes ago, KevinWellRed said:

It's nice that you two actually want feedback. It's tricky when people create something like this because they can take offence if you point out potential improvements or ideas. You'll never please everyone when creating something like this but I think you two have the tone and range of topics just right.

We're hoping to get a few transitions and jingles etc. without going too OTT. As for beds, my experience with them at my Uni radio is not a good one. They tend to make everything sound like you're listening to Radio 1 and remove that whole 'just a couple of fans having a chat' feel away from it. Going to try and work out a way around the background noise though. 

I think you need something otherwise it just sounds a bit dead and unnatural. You could definitely find something low key.. even a sound effect of 'pub ambience' would be good and suit the vibe! I think your issues with the mic would be solved if you did something to mask silence. Have it on a low level and it would sound good.

Yes you're right we do, I'll give Stan hell next week. 

We're going to try and shorten a bit, but we were very surprised at how much time flew when we were recording. With a third guest, getting anywhere near 30/45 mins would be tricky, so we'll aim for just shy of an hour. Hopefully if we can cut the waffling out then it won't feel like it's going on as long.

I think if you have three guests you could go over - especially if it's an interesting interview. In it's current form though I felt it was slightly too long. I guess the fact that I listened in two sittings evidences that. 

@Phileas Fogg generally just thank you for your input, we'd love to have you on at some point! 

Thanks - no problem. I really want this to work well as I feel I tentatively suggested it a while back on the Ipswich podcast thread and it gained momentum! I have a bit of experience in radio/audio production so don't hesitate to reach out.

Credit to you two for doing it and i'm impressed with the result so far. It's better than the Post's poor attempt already. As I predicted, theirs barely scratches the surface. 

57 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

The dry one.  my local no longer sells it as a consequence.

A pint of "red" was the standard cider there before.

I still remember the chaos that ensued when some visiting workies decided to down 10 pints of it. One Latvian fell off his barstool in tears, a German got into a ruck with the darts team and an English lad from Norfolk grabbed the barmaids tits then shat himself. Literally.

Well, I'll be at Sandford making a complaint tomorrow. Plus, will be visiting the local farmer for a gallon of rough from here on.

Thatchers, you just lost at least 4 customers from my family. 

Nice one lads, sure all would agree - thanks a lot for your effort to get this up and running. 

Generally agree with most posts - it all seemed to drift off onto quite menial conversation after talking about the Burton game/the Burton fans segment (great idea by the way). I’d say maybe reviewing the game, away fans views it’d be good to chat about build up to the next game. Having music/something to break up between segments would be good too  

Totally agree on the bounce around the ground Chants at 0-0 btw...

p.s count me in for an appearance whenever  :) 

Archived