IGNORED

OSIB first episode up

Shtanley

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Well, I'll be at Sandford making a complaint tomorrow. Plus, will be visiting the local farmer for a gallon of rough from here on.

Thatchers, you just lost at least 4 customers from my family. 

You should try a bit of Sandford Organics down my way in sunny Devon. Tastes really nice like French cide.....

i've said too much.

@Shtanley @KevinWellRed 

Great listen lads. I wasn't expecting much if I'll be honest with you, but in the end I was pleasantly surprised!

Both of you are likeable hosts / presenters and I love the 'couple of mates down the pub' vibe.

Echoing what's been said above, I think the time capsule and player spotlight are fantastic ideas. 

I can't even find any bad points really. Didn't have a problem with it being over an hour, I'm impressed you managed to talk that long if anything.

Maybe just research the numbers a bit more. I'm not saying turn it into a stats show where you're blurting out percentages and figures every 30 seconds as that would ruin the casual nature of the discussion, but there were a couple of times where you stated a point and followed it up with "I'm not sure what the numbers are". Just a suggestion.

I look forward to seeing how the podcast develops and interested to see what effect the third host / special guest has.

4 minutes ago, Redfield red said:

Anyone know if it can be downloaded? Would be useful for long train journeys where the internet is patchy 

Can download it from https://media.acast.com/osib/-1-hazeorgold-/media.mp3

Or download in advance using a podcast app like PocketCasts by subscribing to the RSS feed by searching for https://rss.acast.com/osib

Very good, well done to all those involved. Surprised how clear the recording is, and also how well the presenters come across. With the best will in the world, most fan made content is largely unintelligible, monotonous and usually completely cringeworthy, but either this is supremely well edited or the hosts are able to hold a sensible conversation without lots of gaps and umming and ahhing. I certainly couldn't manage it.

Find myself agreeing with a lot of it. It does make me wonder about people who get on with Twentyman on Saturdays or Mondays, who (apart from the legendary NTTDS) I often don't agree with or worse still find myself wondering if they're allowed out in public. Perhaps it's because this is more light hearted or because City are doing better, but personally you sound a lot more representative of City fans I know (i.e. not unhinged). 

I liked the away fans segment, useful idea to get some opposition sentiment from people actually at our games, rather than the meltdown that is most opposition forums. Hopefully with some momentum the club would grant you some player or staff interviews, it would make a pleasant change to hear you lot asking the sort of questions Adam Baker isn't allowed to (i.e. "Famara, do you like Haze?"). Good luck with the rest of this :clap:

Listening to it now.

Currently at the bit discussing Wright now, enjoying it so far, but agree with some of the "can be a bit waffley" comments.

Would echo the stuff about making sure you have the numbers, personally I'd make sure to have most of the relevant stats to what you would be discussing so they can be used if needed, but don't feel obliged to use them just because you have them.

Having notes forming a skeleton for the episode may help with preventing things being too waffley, but this doesn't mean you have to script it word for word, allow yourself to deviate, but have an idea of where you're going.

Agree with much of the above. A bit of editing will sort out the perceived waffliness (I didn't think it was too bad and too much editing would take away from the immediately fantastic "mates having a chat" relaxed tone you have). I'd personally avoid jingles and such like so you don't lose that atmosphere. 

One thing to maybe think about to also help the "waffliness" is nominating a dedicated single host and having the other(s) as guests. Then that person is in a better position to move the conversation on before it gets stale. (You might already do this and I just didn't know because I haven't gotten used to your voices yet - if so I apologise!)

Overall you both came across very likeable, enjoyed it a lot! Would be well up for coming on at some point too! Good job fellas!

Don't wanna start a new thread but we're recording episode 2 tomorrow. Anyone got any statements/questions for us to discuss? We're talking about Marlon Pack in the player spotlight, Joe Morrell with a cheltenham fan. We're previewing the palace and Sunderland games. 

Who would you want to see play on Tuesday vs Palace?

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Don't wanna start a new thread but we're recording episode 2 tomorrow. Anyone got any statements/questions for us to discuss? We're talking about Marlon Pack in the player spotlight, Joe Morrell with a cheltenham fan. We're previewing the palace and Sunderland games. 

Who would you want to see play on Tuesday vs Palace?

I think the Magnússon/Hegeler debate should be had. Perhaps the merits of Woodrow and whether he’s any good. Taylor’s sending off?

If I were you, I’d just see what threads get lots of debate from now until tomorrow morning and discuss some of the issues.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the Magnússon/Hegeler debate should be had. Perhaps the merits of Woodrow. Taylor’s sending off?

If I were you, I’d just see what threads get lots of debate from now until tomorrow morning and discuss some of the issues.

To be fair most of the obvious stuff is already written down and primed. Who would you wanna see get time vs Palace though Foggy

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

To be fair most of the obvious stuff is already written down and primed. Who would you wanna see get time vs Palace though Foggy

I would like to see Steele, Kelly, Magnússon, Eliasson, Đurić and Diedhiou get game time at the very least.

I would actually love to see Garita on the bench. Mainly because I think he’s funny but he’s getting goals for the u23s. 

Archived