IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

palmerred

Listed on the law pages as at Leicester Crown Court tomorrow at 9am for a plea and case hearing. Be interesting to hear how he pleads. A paper article suggested the other week if he pleaded guilty he could get up to 2 years, but the entry point is 18 months suspended. So if pleading not guilty and found guilty at trial, he would almost certainly face jail time.

9 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

This is looking like the best bit of transfer business Johnson did this Summer! 

Am assuming that this was disclosed to Cardiff before we sold, if we knew that is. You can imagine Cardiff being a tad annoyed if not and potentially threatening legal action.

1 minute ago, Calculus said:

Am assuming that this was disclosed to Cardiff before we sold, if we knew that is. You can imagine Cardiff being a tad annoyed if not and potentially threatening legal action.

Surely that would be Tomlin’s agents job to inform potential employers of any potential legal action happening? And it maybe the reason why Colin is saying he got him cheaper than the rumoured fee we believe we got? Colin certainly wouldn’t be worried about a players off field antics.

3 minutes ago, Calculus said:

As I understand it, Cardiff were not made aware and are more than p*****d off about it.  Still, we've got another one over on Colin.

3 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I don't believe we did disclose this to Cardiff nor do we have to, it is up to Cardiff to do due diligence.

2 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I doubt very much if it was even legal for City to disclose anything about charges - maybe Cardiff player contract has something in it, but normally I don't expect a potential employee has to disclose anything other than convictions. I imagine they could sack him on conviction, regardless of whether he's going inside.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

At the time of his transfer perhaps he had not been charged . 

Hard luck on Cardiff but they knew that he was a maverick before they signed him ; 

You play with fire etc . 

He's only ever called that by fans/management of the club he's about to join or is at whilst things are going well. I think that most of the rest of us would describe him in slightly less sympathetic terms.

20 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

I don't believe we did disclose this to Cardiff nor do we have to, it is up to Cardiff to do due diligence.

No reason why we should disclose it. It didn`t happen in the firm`s time and when has a previous employer been expected to tell a new one what an employee gets up to on a night out?

It may be that Tomlin didn`t even tell us about it and was hoping it would all go away - it wouldn`t be the first time an employee had kept quiet to his boss about a scrape he`d got into in his own time. Fortunately in my case, it did come to nothing:fear:

The weirdest thing in all this is how was it kept quiet from January without even a whisper on social media, unbelievable in this day and age!

27 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I doubt very much if it was even legal for City to disclose anything about charges - maybe Cardiff player contract has something in it, but normally I don't expect a potential employee has to disclose anything other than convictions. I imagine they could sack him on conviction, regardless of whether he's going inside.

Caveat emptor?

20 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

What a remarkable comment; do you have any evidence to prove or suggest why you came to this conclusion?

Colin has no worries about signing players who are anything but role models to the paying public, as long as they can do what he wants on the field (at any cost) he’s far from bothered about off field performances. And if they can carry that bit of nastiness on to the pitch for him, all the better as far as he’s concerned.

Why d’you think the likes of Shaun Derry & Clint Hill played for him numerous times? It certainly wasn’t because they were model professionals!!

And of course, it’s not as if Colin isn’t renowned for having horrible gits in his teams, guess he just got luck over the years that he had players that rarely cheated their ways to victory & he’s just got lucky that he’s found another gem at Cardiff in Aron Gunnarsson, who in my opinion is one the nastiest cheating players in the division at the moment.

9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Do you think prison foodmight help him to lose a few pounds?

He should be ok from sexual predators though, he is a bit of a munter in the pretty boy stakes, so sitting down on prison benches won't be too much of a problem and he is having a lot of experience of that at present, will feel like a home from home.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

And if that remains the case, it won't be long before he starts causing trouble behind the scenes, if he isn't already.

Be great if he tears the dressing room asunder, would be the most amazing bit of transfer business.

Archived