IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

palmerred

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I didn't realise that was the case. I thought you could give a bad reference as long as it was accurate.

Most people in that position would probably choose not to provide one.

You are correct. It must be accurate and can explain why if dismissed.

However, it must not be unfair as could be sued so most refuse to give one, so as to prevent a tribunal.

14 hours ago, City Ben said:

Can any lawyers chip in on this - would we even be legally allowed to disclose to Cardiff (a potential new employer) if we knew he had been charged? I have a feeling that we actually wouldn't be authorised to do so, so they would have to ask him (and rely on his answer). Might be different if he had been charged and found guilty.

Either way, certainly no legal repercussions on City so no need for any of us to worry about that. 

No, not to my knowledge. I believe it is up to them to do their due diligence.

@BobBobSuperBob may be able to confirm this.

3 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

No, not to my knowledge. I believe it is up to them to do their due diligence.

@BobBobSuperBob may be able to confirm this.

I don't know for,certain Emersons

Not a 'normal' employment norr purchase of a car or a house

As far as I am aware , unless there was a (unlikely) selling clause / contract between the two Clubs about any information then it's down to Cardiff to do their due diligence as you suggest ;)

Quite relevant that Tomlin hadn't been charged at the time we offloaded him IMHO , let alone convicted and so is regarded as innocent at this time so don't see their is any obligation on Tomlin to reaveal anything 

So as far as I can see - it's simply tough

Would love to have been a fly on the wall when they found out !!

On 16/10/2017 at 01:01, pillred said:

surely  tomlin should be the one to disclose it, otherwise he is keeping something secret that he knows could affect his career.

Maybe football is different, but having looked here, apparently you can't even be asked your age during an interview. Which is okay by me. 

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Maybe football is different, but having looked here, apparently you can't even be asked your age during an interview. Which is okay by me. 

Don’t really need to when they can see when you passed your o levels/GCSEs and started your first job do they?  

Hardly need to be Sherlock Holmes.

Archived