IGNORED

Paul Cheesley.

Liam_Moore94

I'm studying sports journalism at Southampton Solent University and I'm looking to get in contact with Paul Cheesley. For one of my units I'm required to interview a sporting figure and write a 2500-word feature on them. I think Paul has a great story to tell and would love to arrange an interview with him. I've tried his Facebook but no reply as of yet, if anyone has any additional information that would be fantastic.

45 minutes ago, Liam_Moore94 said:

I'm studying sports journalism at Southampton Solent University and I'm looking to get in contact with Paul Cheesley. For one of my units I'm required to interview a sporting figure and write a 2500-word feature on them. I think Paul has a great story to tell and would love to arrange an interview with him. I've tried his Facebook but no reply as of yet, if anyone has any additional information that would be fantastic.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

He was running the Knowle hotel a few years ago but I'm not sure if he's still there. Doesn't he act as a match day host for some home games? Maybe City can put you in touch with him? Dolls?

Try the Three lions after a game seen him in there loads of times

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

He was running the Knowle hotel a few years ago but I'm not sure if he's still there. Doesn't he act as a match day host for some home games? Maybe City can put you in touch with him? Dolls?

Left the Knowle over 2 years ago

2 hours ago, Liam_Moore94 said:

Andrea Leadsom has a pretty sporting figure, from where I am standing.

I'd be happy to ask the question, and this sounds like the perfect excuse to me.

PM me.

tfj

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't think so, he ran The Star in Pill though.

1 hour ago, Big Red Rich said:

Incidentally i drove past The Star at Tickenham yesterday, didnt he used run that?

He did but that was a long time ago.

7 minutes ago, kevthered said:

He ran the Star in Pill just after his career ended late 70's and it was The Mariners back then

Yep, I went there when Cheese was in charge - in fact looking back probably because he was in charge.

Coincidentally we walked the riverside path to Pill yesterday afternoon and I revisited the pub for the first time since probably 1979.

Not quite the same without The Big Cheese behind the bar it must be said, but good to see the pub still going fairly strong anyway.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, I went there when Cheese was in charge - in fact looking back probably because he was in charge.

Coincidentally we walked the riverside path to Pill yesterday afternoon and I revisited the pub for the first time since probably 1979.

Not quite the same without The Big Cheese behind the bar it must be said, but good to see the pub still going fairly strong anyway.

Was just 18 when he took over and got quite friendly with him and still has banter with him now. I was one of his best customers...I was brought up in Pill and visit my old haunts quite regularly....It was the number one pub back then and in fairness he ran it quite well and enjoyed plenty of lock ins back then.

17 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I have seen Paul loads of times having a drink under the south stand. Top man Paul always willing to have a chat. He gave me one of my best days watching city. The 1nil win at Highbury. simply a magnificent goal and result. 

Don't forget he'd already headed against the woodwork twice that day before eventually getting the winner.

Already showing himself to be almost unplayable at the top level of English football, a full cap ( and doubtless many more to follow) was very much on the cards at the time of his injury.

12 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I agree at the time I can't think of any better. People talk about Paul marriner. He was not in the same class as cheesley.

Agreed, yet Mariner made his England debut in '87 and got 35 full caps.

That should have been Cheese, except he would have got more caps imo.

Archived