IGNORED

Stormy Weather Forecast for Leeds Match

Nogbad the Bad

5 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

that ll probably change by then noggers..........they aint got a clue the weather people

Couldn't agree more - just a heads up, just in case.

They might get it right for once.

Or if they've got it wrong it could be worse than they're forecasting.

Interesting to see how it changes over the next few days.

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

BBC Weather (especially the app) has gone to absolute **** in last few years.  Honestly as wrong as that guy who sell his BS to the Daily Express every winter.

The Beeb in its wisdom ditched the contract with the Met Office and now get info supplied by a cheaper, inferior outfit.

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

Heavens, that reminds me of the day ray cashley scored from a goal kick or drop kick in the fog at the gate many years ago.

I remember complaining that we were charged full price to watch the game when we could only see half of the pitch.

The memorable fog was against Leeds, Cashley's goal in to the open end v. Hull was fully visible from my vantage point in the EE.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Heavy rain and 43 mph winds due in BS3 on Saturday afternoon, calming down a bit for the 2nd half.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/bs3

Reading between the lines City supporters  urged not to travel unless necessary as Hurricane Herbert a possibility

Northerners - you'll need your cap.

53 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'm told by a guy in Bristol that he's heard there is a hurricane on its way..

Don't worry, there isn't.

:laughcont:

Always feel old Fishy is unfairly traduced by that clip they show. The bit where he says "but there will be some very strong winds over the southern counties, so batten down the hatches" is always edited out.

And he was right. 1987 wasn't a hurricane. In temperate climes, you cannot have a hurricane by definition.

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

:laughcont:

Always feel old Fishy is unfairly traduced by that clip they show. The bit where he says "but there will be some very strong winds over the southern counties, so batten down the hatches" is always edited out.

And he was right. 1987 wasn't a hurricane. In temperate climes, you cannot have a hurricane by definition.

Yeah but that would be letting him off the hook ..boom boom

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The memorable fog was against Leeds, Cashley's goal in to the open end v. Hull was fully visible from my vantage point in the EE.

I couldn't afford the EE, had to watch from under the Hospital Broadcast Box in the Open End. First we knew about a goal was the cheer. 

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Heavy rain and 43 mph winds due in BS3 on Saturday afternoon, calming down a bit for the 2nd half.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/bs3

Come on NTB,you know that the only way to tell what the weather is  like,is to look out of your front room window on the actual day.

I remember that game against wolves not long ago when Sky were in town, Dele Adebola brushed passed two Wolves defenders and fought off a 60+ mph headwind (well it seemed as if it was very windy at least) to burry the ball in the bottom corner. 

More of of the same this weekend with our new Dele, Fammy. 

COYR :chant6ez:

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I remember that game against wolves not long ago when Sky were in town, Dele Adebola brushed passed two Wolves defenders and fought off a 60+ mph headwind (well it seemed as if it was very windy at least) to burry the ball in the bottom corner. 

More of of the same this weekend with our new Dele, Fammy. 

COYR :chant6ez:

The funniest thing about that night was wondering whether the Sky TV studio was going to make it through the match - it must have been bloody scary up there!

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The funniest thing about that night was wondering whether the Sky TV studio was going to make it through the match - it must have been bloody scary up there!

The EE roof looked a bit wobbly as well! 

Would've been brilliant going to Don Goodman at HT and he’s  just stood in front of fallen scaffolding 

Archived