IGNORED

Stormy Weather Forecast for Leeds Match

Nogbad the Bad

2 days on they are saying the stormy weather will be worse and more prolonged than previously thought with 45-49mph winds from 10 am until well after the match.

However sceptical many of us may be about weather forecasting probably wise to bring your windcheater. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/bs3

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

2 days on they are saying the stormy weather will be worse and more prolonged than previously thought with 45-49mph winds from 10 am until well after the match.

However sceptical many of us may be about weather forecasting probably wise to bring your windcheater. 

Might go for Frankie as first scorer!

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

On the bright side BBC weather predicts low UV, so no chance of sunburn!

Just been looking at the forcasts and it doesn't look good at all for around 3 o'clock Saturday. People have said things like the weather experts don't know etc etc .. but i'm afraid they do and are VERY accurate these days.

Well, we had Nigel come and bugger up the last home game.. now we welcome storm Brian   how ironic.

7 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Any further updates yet @Nogbad the Bad

On 17/10/2017 at 14:06, williamsredngrey said:

I couldn't afford the EE, had to watch from under the Hospital Broadcast Box in the Open End. First we knew about a goal was the cheer. 

Something playing tricks with your memory, as the Cashley goal versus Hull was scored at the Open End! The postponed game versus Leeds was 0-0 when call off at halftime!

On 10/17/2017 at 15:27, Red-Robbo said:

:laughcont:

Always feel old Fishy is unfairly traduced by that clip they show. The bit where he says "but there will be some very strong winds over the southern counties, so batten down the hatches" is always edited out.

And he was right. 1987 wasn't a hurricane. In temperate climes, you cannot have a hurricane by definition.

I was driving for City Line on that night on the 24/25 route Lockleaze to Whitchurch and a 6 foot high fence panel blew across the road in Lockleaze and just missed the front of the bus, scary!  The next day on the same route most of Lockleaze houses had roof tiles off and loads were broken over the roads.  Never seen anything like that since the Great Storm.  The storm that is due has been named Brian by the Irish and they will get the first impact again, the luck of the Irish eh.

52 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I was driving for City Line on that night on the 24/25 route Lockleaze to Whitchurch and a 6 foot high fence panel blew across the road in Lockleaze and just missed the front of the bus, scary!  The next day on the same route most of Lockleaze houses had roof tiles off and loads were broken over the roads.  Never seen anything like that since the Great Storm.  The storm that is due has been named Brian by the Irish and they will get the first impact again, the luck of the Irish eh.

As long as Brian doesn't ruin the game on Saturday I won't mind.

Hopefully it'll encourage players to keep it on the grass.

5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

With only two Saturday 3 o'clock kick-offs from mid September until after Christmas I'll be p***** off if this ones effected by the weather. 

... me too.

I've paid the cost of our group's train tickets!!!!!

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

listening to the bbc this morning (yes I know) they said very heavy rain Friday night and all day sat with winds of up to 50 mph, with all this h&S nonsense is there a chance it could even be called off?

I've just emailed the club.asking about the risk, due to the storm,as yet they've not answered, 

On 17/10/2017 at 13:27, Red-Robbo said:

:laughcont:

Always feel old Fishy is unfairly traduced by that clip they show. The bit where he says "but there will be some very strong winds over the southern counties, so batten down the hatches" is always edited out.

And he was right. 1987 wasn't a hurricane. In temperate climes, you cannot have a hurricane by definition.

It was actually Bill Giles forecast. Fishy only presented it and got all the flak.  Made him famous though, so he's not complaining :)

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

It was actually Bill Giles forecast. Fishy only presented it and got all the flak.  Made him famous though, so he's not complaining :)

I know what you mean, but a hurricane is defined as sustained wind speeds above 85 mph, so to all intents it was a hurricane.

• Admin
26 minutes ago, pillred said:

listening to the bbc this morning (yes I know) they said very heavy rain Friday night and all day sat with winds of up to 50 mph, with all this h&S nonsense is there a chance it could even be called off?

22 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

I've just emailed the club.asking about the risk, due to the storm,as yet they've not answered, 

Do you think we have never played in a gale before?

Tell me how many games have EVER been called off due to high winds!

Let's get a grip back on reality here 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

these days we live in different times, where there's blame there's a claim health and safety etc.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Sure you're right. But we've never had a SAG in charge before.

Think Leeds at home is weather cursed. Was at the foggy match too. 

Archived