IGNORED

biggest crowd of the season,why not give the train a try?

Never to the dark side

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

If you live near the following rail stations

Bath to BTM £7:60

B-O-A and trowbridge to BTM £10:40

Chippenham  to BTM £8:70

Yate to BTM £4:90

Parkway to BTM £3:90

Please consider using Parson street railway station 

if you can and get the ticket issued to Parson Street

Problem is the trains are always crowded and full - doesn't make it appealing if GWR continually fail to do anything about it

I always travel by train for Saturday games and very rarely get to sit down for the whole journey, I don't think you should have to pay the full fare if you have to stand......maybe they could have safe standing on trains with tables to keep your thatchers on? 

It's not too bad if you can get 3 or more as that entitles you to a group saver ticket which massively reduces the price.

• Admin
21 minutes ago, zider'ed said:

I always travel by train for Saturday games and very rarely get to sit down for the whole journey, I don't think you should have to pay the full fare if you have to stand......maybe they could have safe standing on trains with tables to keep your thatchers on? 

@zider'ed As a regular commuter with work etc, I have often raised this point - I have been told on numerous occasions that I don't buy a ticket for a seat, I buy a ticket "to travel"

I can remember travelling as a kid in wagons that were literally open plan for parcels / bikes etc, perhaps they are the answer !

One thing that may help two new (longer) trains are due to operate the WSM - BPW route hopefully someone will have had the intelligence to schedule these into when the busy trains are passing through

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

sterling efforts as per john...........

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

How much Bedminster to Parson Street?

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

You have a bike and want to cycle from Bemmy to Parson Street?  I'm confused as to why you're taking the bike if you won't cycle it a mile?!? 

I got a fold up bike, I'm thinking of getting on a bus to East Street then me and said bike will catch the train to Parson Street then I'll cycle from there

Always try and get the train from Patchway to Parson St if possible to games, as there is nothing else organised from North Bristol to get to Ashton Gate.

Saturday games are ok to get back from Parson St, but there are no trains that stop there after a night game has finished.

Just another example of the ineptitude of the local council in getting the local rail services beefed up and in particular the Portishead line reopened with a new station at Ashton Gate!

• Admin
9 hours ago, balderino said:

Always try and get the train from Patchway to Parson St if possible to games, as there is nothing else organised from North Bristol to get to Ashton Gate.

Saturday games are ok to get back from Parson St, but there are no trains that stop there after a night game has finished.

Just another example of the ineptitude of the local council in getting the local rail services beefed up and in particular the Portishead line reopened with a new station at Ashton Gate!

Is it really the council though @balderino ?

Would have thought GWR choose and plan what services stop at Parson Street, as I mentioned above there is nothing at all on a Sunday for the rugby

SURELY Bristol Sport should be banging on the door by now to get this changed?

What is frustrating the club signed up for all the improvements if the new ground at Ashton Vale was built but have done jack shit since we redeveloped the ground - with the increased crowd Saturday we know it will all be massively overcrowded again, hopefully @Never to the dark side will be at Parson Street to get a photo to show what I mean

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is it really the council though @balderino ?

Would have thought GWR choose and plan what services stop at Parson Street, as I mentioned above there is nothing at all on a Sunday for the rugby

SURELY Bristol Sport should be banging on the door by now to get this changed?

What is frustrating the club signed up for all the improvements if the new ground at Ashton Vale was built but have done jack shit since we redeveloped the ground - with the increased crowd Saturday we know it will all be massively overcrowded again, hopefully @Never to the dark side will be at Parson Street to get a photo to show what I mean

It’s nothing about providing a service and all about profitability

On 17/10/2017 at 10:31, Never to the dark side said:

Bristol so poor for transport links. I do wonder how people put up with it. The lack of train service to Ashton Gate is frustrating. Surely Ashton Gate Holt should be re-opened. 

Archived