IGNORED

Could Billy Bodin be the answer?

Robbored

Lots of threads recently about signing an attacking midfielder who can spray the ball sround and score goals.

Well........I was talking to a gashead mate of mine this morning and whose opinion I value reckoned that Bodin in about the best player they've got and is far too classy for League 1 and that'll only be a matter of time before he moves on........obviously that got me thinking...

Now I don't much about Bodin other than his dad was a decent enough player but I wonder if LJ i has considered him?

I can imagine the furore if City did sign him........................:facepalm:

7 minutes ago, Malago said:

If Billy Bodin is the answer than I'd be interested to know what the question is.

I've never seen Bodin play so obviously wouldn't know how useful he is but the gashead I was chatting with knows his football and he reckons he's got too much quality for League 1. 

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lots of threads recently about signing an attacking midfielder who can spray the ball sround and score goals.

Well........I was talking to a gashead mate of mine this morning and whose opinion I value reckoned that Bodin in about the best player they've got and is far too classy for League 1 and that'll only be a matter of time before he moves on........obviously that got me thinking...

Now I don't much about Bodin other than his dad was a decent enough player but I wonder if LJ i has considered him?

I can imagine the furore if City did sign him........................:facepalm:

Not heard any mention of him being valued at £10m or so by the blue-few, so I’d assume we should be able to get him for under £250,000?

My question would be, do we need a League One experienced midfielder to sit in our U23 squad? My answer would be “No”.

For comical value, it would be worth SL spending his unspent old £1 coins on, for truly football reasons, we don’t need him & probably already have better out on loan at the moment or coming through our youth system.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

Not heard any mention of him being valued at £10m or so by the blue-few, so I’d assume we should be able to get him for under £250,000?

My question would be, do we need a League One experienced midfielder to sit in our U23 squad? My answer would be “No”.

For comical value, it would be worth SL spending his unspent old £1 coins on, for truly football reasons, we don’t need him & probably already have better out on loan at the moment or coming through our youth system.

250k is fine by me just for the inevitable reaction it'd get!

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well........I was talking to a gashead mate of mine this morning and whose opinion I value reckoned that Bodin  Taylor is about the best player they've got and is far too classy for League 1 and that'll only be a matter of time before he moves on........obviously that got me thinking...

Funny that because about 12 months ago, you probably had the same conversation with your sag mates about another gas player.......................only for them to then tell us he wasn't actually their best player, coincidently not long after we stole signed him 

The guy is 25 and been swashing around the lower leagues all his career..........I would like to think we are fishing in much better ponds to get a quality midfield playmaker

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I've never seen Bodin play so obviously wouldn't know how useful he is but the gashead I was chatting with knows his football and he reckons he's got too much quality for League 1. 

Your gashead pal probably has a greater knowledge of non league football than the Championship tbf.

8 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

The guy is 25 and been swashing around the lower leagues all his career..........I would like to think we are fishing in much better ponds to get a quality midfield playmaker

It's worth considering that there are some lower League players that would be very capable of playing higher up given the right quality coaching which is available at City.

Its also worth considering that players often often don't reach their peak untill their late 20s.............maybe Bodin is worth a punt...

38 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

No he's not the answer. Put any of our midfielders or wingers in league one and they will stand out like a sore thumb even more so than bodin does in a shite side.

Would be funny if we got him in though. 

Agree with this. No comparison between league 1 and championship football these days. 

Bodin's a decent footballer, but no better than we have already got. 

I think people shouldn't forget Pack and his ability. I know last time out he tried things and they didn't come off. But atleast he was trying different things. He came on and realised straight away that we weren't just going to walk through this Burton side. I think on another day, a couple of his delicate reverse balls could have come off. Technically he's a very good footballer in my opionion, he's the one in our current squad that probably see's things that others don't. Start of the season when he was starting every game, and Brownhill was on the right, Pack was brilliant. 

He got quite harshly reviewed by some of our fans after the Burton gone in my opinion.

Up the City x

When did we last have a central midfielder who was a significant goal threat? I've been watching City for over 20 years and I struggle to think of one. David Noble was the best I could come up with and his best scoring season for City saw him net 4 goals. Bobby Reid might qualify but his goals this season have been scored playing as a striker.

I don't know if they're especially rare, or if City has some particular blind spot in that position, but it seems odd that in 20 years there hasn't been a single one.

Or, more likely, there are some obvious ones that I've forgotten.

3 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

When did we last have a central midfielder who was a significant goal threat? I've been watching City for over 20 years and I struggle to think of one. David Noble was the best I could come up with and his best scoring season for City saw him net 4 goals. Bobby Reid might qualify but his goals this season have been scored playing as a striker.

I don't know if they're especially rare, or if City has some particular blind spot in that position, but it seems odd that in 20 years there hasn't been a single one.

Or, more likely, there are some obvious ones that I've forgotten.

Hartley?

Archived