IGNORED

Could Billy Bodin be the answer?

Robbored

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I posted this thread because there have been several other threads about City needing to sign an attacking midfielder who can spray the ball around and score goals.

Chatting earlier today with a gashead mate of mine (not a bowler btw) and he mentioned Bodin being a classy player that's too good for League 1. 

Now, unlike some other posters on here, I've never seen him play but as I  respect my mates opinions about football I thought that maybe Bodin could be the answer so posted to see what others thought.

My question to you was: How likely  is it that any otib posters have seen him play enough to make a worthwhile assessment of his suitability?  So far, we're at a running total of none.

I'd like to sign him as he's their latest Matty Taylor an it'd be #topbantz all the way if we did.

Come on Uncle Stevie L - check down that sofa once again for your lost change.  You know you love it :laughcont:

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

How do you know that he's no better than what we already have? Have you seen him play?

Ive never seen him play so I'm not in a position to judge but my gashead mate is qualified. He watches him every home game.

Yeh fair comment. 

But I would be very surprised if someone from an average league 1 team came in and improved our current crop of midfielders.

You look at players like Luke Freeman for example, one of the best players in league 1? Couldn't cut it to the same standard in the championship. 

But you are right, N doesn't always = 1, so he may be different 

Up the City x

13 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Yeh fair comment. 

But I would be very surprised if someone from an average league 1 team came in and improved our current crop of midfielders.

But you are right, N doesn't always = 1, so he may be different 

Didn't Leicester City sign Vardy from Fleetwood?   I'll bet the Foxes fans thought he'd never get in their first 11.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Didn't Leicester City sign Vardy from Fleetwood?   I'll bet the Foxes fans thought he'd never get in their first 11.

He didn't to start with...

I'm assuming fans want a player in January, to come in and improve us straight away. Not someone who will come good after couple seasons

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Lots of threads recently about signing an attacking midfielder who can spray the ball sround and score goals.

Well........I was talking to a gashead mate of mine this morning and whose opinion I value reckoned that Bodin in about the best player they've got and is far too classy for League 1 and that'll only be a matter of time before he moves on........obviously that got me thinking...

Now I don't much about Bodin other than his dad was a decent enough player but I wonder if LJ i has considered him?

I can imagine the furore if City did sign him........................:facepalm:

NO

Now please bugger off Robbo.  :wub:

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As far I'm aware we've never met yet you dislike me..........bit premature that.......

We have met you arrogant p r ick, more than once.  I was very gracious, you didn't reciprocate my hand of friendship.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Shared by you in particular WTFIGO.

and anyone else who disagrees with my views..........I have no problem with that. Every decent forum has a pantomime villain...

Don't flatter yourself.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

There is the amazing picture of him and Harry Kane sitting on the bench for Leicester,  unable to get in the team, in the playoff semi. If ever a photo shows what can change in football. I wonder what Leicester fans thought of them both at the time? I think it was Nugent and woods who were played. 

7 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

We have met you arrogant p r ick, more than once.  I was very gracious, you didn't reciprocate my hand of friendship.

Don't flatter yourself.

We've met?    :dunno:

Youll have to remind me  when and where. I really don't remember.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

We've met?    :dunno:

Youll have to remind me  when and where. I really don't remember.

At an SC meeting many moons ago and again in a more confidential environment.  I don't think you knew who I was but that is not the point.

I meant post#71 as a joke, incidentally :)

21 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

When did we last have a central midfielder who was a significant goal threat? I've been watching City for over 20 years and I struggle to think of one. David Noble was the best I could come up with and his best scoring season for City saw him net 4 goals. Bobby Reid might qualify but his goals this season have been scored playing as a striker.

I don't know if they're especially rare, or if City has some particular blind spot in that position, but it seems odd that in 20 years there hasn't been a single one.

Or, more likely, there are some obvious ones that I've forgotten.

Marv used to score a few - in the season when we hardly scored any, yet got to Wembley!

1 hour ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

At an SC meeting many moons ago and again in a more confidential environment.  I don't think you knew who I was but that is not the point.

I meant post#71 as a joke, incidentally :)

Back tracking now eh?  WTFiGO............:cool2:

btw - you have an advantage over me. I wouldn't know you if I passed you in the street.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Back tracking now eh?  WTFiGO............:cool2:

btw - you have an advantage over me. I wouldn't know you if I passed you in the street.

I'm the good looking one Robbo :innocent06:

It was meant as a joke (not a particularly funny one - although did get two laughs). You'll note I merely reversed the statement I was quoting.  

Shalom.

Any updates from Mike?

On 17/10/2017 at 14:48, Robbored said:

No I've never seen Bodin play but Mike ( my gashead buddy) did say that the quality between the Championship and League 1 is vast. He's a  football buff and occasionally watches City at AG so he's well aware of the gulf in standard.

On 17/10/2017 at 14:51, Super said:

Mike Hunt?

Not Mike "I bin frew two divorces, labour all frew tha fatcher years....."?

Many players probably only sign for Rovers in the first place in the hope they'll be spotted, and later signed, by City.

What other possible reason would a professional footballer ever have to sign for the most tedious and most disliked of football clubs, an otherwise incomprehensible decision which becomes a career limiting/ending move in just about every case.

Surely most right minded individuals - including footballers - would have an instinctive dislike for the the obnoxious club, the nauseating shirt, and the foul dirge just as much as we do?

What a joyous relief it must be when they finally free themselves from that dreadful club, even if in the majority of cases it is likely to be due to a free transfer and signal the end of their careers.

You can be sure most wish they could delete 'Bristol Rovers' from their CV.

On 10/17/2017 at 12:52, Robbored said:

Lots of threads recently about signing an attacking midfielder who can spray the ball sround and score goals.

Well........I was talking to a gashead mate of mine this morning and whose opinion I value reckoned that Bodin in about the best player they've got and is far too classy for League 1 and that'll only be a matter of time before he moves on........obviously that got me thinking...

Now I don't much about Bodin other than his dad was a decent enough player but I wonder if LJ i has considered him?

I can imagine the furore if City did sign him........................:facepalm:

Could Billy Bodin be the answer ?

Only if the question is;

Which moderate overrated Rovers player should we not even remotely be interested in signing in January?

Archived