IGNORED

Craig Shakespeare

Charlie BCFC

11 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

No surprise at all to read this. I thought it was a silly appointment at the time and more due to behind the scenes goings on than anything else.

Agree...was never gonna last.  Not sure what the stats are, but when appointing from within (following a sacking), there seems to be a sudden improvement, the a tail away.  It’s like good-cop slowly becomes bad cop, and you’re back to square one.  All you do is prolong the decision to change what was wrong.  

Think it might be different when appointing from within when your manager goes on to something better and you’re doing well, I.e. don’t fix what isn’t broken.

No idea who will be on the radar.

29 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I suppose in hindsight, it would've been sensible for them to sell up after losing Kante, instead of trying to retain talent while losing one of your main players.

They could've sold Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, and Kante for about a combined £100m, and built an entirely new team. With £100m, I reckon a manager with the quality of Ranieri could've built a team that would've done better than 12th.

Reckon they could have easily got more than that, Kante was £32m, Mahrez probably could have gone for £35m, Vardy's release fee was supposedly around £20m and Drinkwater was sold for £35m so you're looking at £122m at least. 

34 minutes ago, Greatgraham said:

What’s the point of living if I am going to die anyway?

Exactly.  Saw a Doctor once who said "If you're not careful you will die" to which I responded "No shit Sherlock, did you study for 6 years to work that one out ?"

23 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I suppose in hindsight, it would've been sensible for them to sell up after losing Kante, instead of trying to retain talent while losing one of your main players.

They could've sold Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, and Kante for about a combined £100m, and built an entirely new team. With £100m, I reckon a manager with the quality of Ranieri could've built a team that would've done better than 12th.

They didn’t have to sell any of them unless they really couldn’t keep them, my point was more the case that they signed the majority of that Premier League winning team / squad for relatively small fees but once they had won it, they started signing players for ridiculous fees (for a club of Leicester’s stature) Slimani for nearly £30m, Ndidi for about £20m, McGuire for about £15m & a fair few players for large fees who just haven’t cut it since signing for them, plus when you factor in the extortionate wages that would of needed to be paid out plus the extra on wages to keep Vardy, Schmeichel, Mahrez, Gray, Morgan etc, Mahrez constantly wanting out would of been unsettling for everyone at the club & since they’ve all pocketed these nice new contracts, they’ve hardly deserved any of the financial rewards they got.

Could this cause long term damage to the club? Maybe to soon to know for definite but it could definitely cause them an issue or ten! The owners have got what they wanted, Premier League success & a tilt at The Champions League, realistically what’s left in it for them? I’d suggest not a lot unless they are willing to throw bucket loads of money at it but they are just as likely to walk away now that they have achieved their likely ambition & where will that leave Leicester? Especially if they get relegated anytime soon (which isn’t beyond the realms of possibility).

Could this be the first sign of foreign investors getting what they wanted & then getting out because there is nothing left in it for them apart from a potential huge financial loss?!?

I hope I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

They didn’t have to sell any of them unless they really couldn’t keep them, my point was more the case that they signed the majority of that Premier League winning team / squad for relatively small fees but once they had won it, they started signing players for ridiculous fees (for a club of Leicester’s stature) Slimani for nearly £30m, Ndidi for about £20m, McGuire for about £15m & a fair few players for large fees who just haven’t cut it since signing for them, plus when you factor in the extortionate wages that would of needed to be paid out plus the extra on wages to keep Vardy, Schmeichel, Mahrez, Gray, Morgan etc, Mahrez constantly wanting out would of been unsettling for everyone at the club & since they’ve all pocketed these nice new contracts, they’ve hardly deserved any of the financial rewards they got.

Could this cause long term damage to the club? Maybe too soon to know for definite but it could definitely cause them an issue or ten! The owners have got what they wanted, Premier League success & a tilt at The Champions League, realistically what’s left in it for them? I’d suggest not a lot unless they are willing to throw bucket loads of money at it but they are just as likely to walk away now that they have achieved their likely ambition & where will that leave Leicester? Especially if they get relegated anytime soon (which isn’t beyond the realms of possibility).

Could this be the first sign of foreign investors getting what they wanted & then getting out because there is nothing left in it for them apart from a potential huge financial loss?!?

I hope I’m wrong.

With apologies for my pedantic highlights, I share your views entirely, especially in hoping that the foreign investors get their fingers (and other parts) burnt.

I hope Inca continues to provide you comfort.

4 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

With apologies for my pedantic highlights, I share your views entirely, especially in hoping that the foreign investors get their fingers (and other parts) burnt.

I hope Inca continues to provide you comfort.

Cheers, that’ll teach me to try write stuff out while having the hound decide it’s playtime.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

There's nobody that immediately springs to mind for this job TBH. Considering Pearson quit because his lad was sacked, I can't see him going back so who? Would Allardyce take it? I thought he was gonna retire?

Dyche would be an interesting appointment. They could probably double his wages.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Dyche would be an interesting appointment. They could probably double his wages.

Would he leave Burnley though? He's well sorted there.

Tuchel might be an option, ex Dortmund and German coaches seem to be popular at the mo, he's also available.

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

Cheers, that’ll teach me to try write stuff out while having the hound decide it’s playtime.

Perhaps this is not on the correct forum, but some thirty years ago I came in to very close and regular contact with a Rottweiler puppy.

For the first year/18 months of her life I would stroke her, cuddle her and walk her, and she was the most soft, pathetic dog you can imagine, licking titbits from my hand (frowned upon today) and generally a gentle darling . 

Unbeknown to me she was being trained to be a guard dog, and very vicious and ferocious she turned out to be, so much so that her owners/handlers were scared of her - and I mean absolutely petrified. 

Whenever I used to see her in the yard, she would be barking, snarling and growling until I approached, when she would wimper and ask (behind the wire fence) to be stroked - I was forbidden to do so as she was now a guard dog.

An inbred dangerous, vicious dog or a trained killer?   

28 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Perhaps this is not on the correct forum, but some thirty years ago I came in to very close and regular contact with a Rottweiler puppy.

For the first year/18 months of her life I would stroke her, cuddle her and walk her, and she was the most soft, pathetic dog you can imagine, licking titbits from my hand (frowned upon today) and generally a gentle darling . 

Unbeknown to me she was being trained to be a guard dog, and very vicious and ferocious she turned out to be, so much so that her owners/handlers were scared of her - and I mean absolutely petrified. 

Whenever I used to see her in the yard, she would be barking, snarling and growling until I approached, when she would wimper and ask (behind the wire fence) to be stroked - I was forbidden to do so as she was now a guard dog.

An inbred dangerous, vicious dog or a trained killer?   

Well, my guess is that you're a trained killer. Sir.

I would expect them to go foreign again, someone who can attract a higher caliber of player but on saying that, I think this next appointment could be telling as to where the owners stand with regards to their ambitions for the club.....

Bring a ‘name’ in & they show that they intend on staying around & building on what they’ve already done....... Bring an ‘old has been’ in & I’d say they have given up & they’ll be on their way out with all their money.

Maybe that’s the sceptical side of me but Leicester have very little left to offer their owners.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They could probably double his wages and I think Burnley will hit their ceiling soon if they haven't already.

He won't get sacked at Turf Moor though Phileas, would have to do a remarkable job to keep the bosses at the KPS happy. They've got delusions of grandeur after 1 sensational season under Mr Dingy dong IMHO.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I know but I just love seeing him splutter through an interview when his team`s been tonked - would liven up MOTD no end.

He would try and be satirical and amusing but would fail miserably as always. The man is a **** with a capital TW !!

Archived