IGNORED

Under 17's World Cup (Merged)

phantom

7 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

You have to wonder, if their progress wasn't blocked by the premier league - what kind if team we'd have in the future...

It's sad that most of these lads won't get into their home side first teams.

But well done lads

Its down to the players to stand up and say **** the premier league, go to a top league on the continent.. its going to take balls and leaving your comfort zone as a 17/18 year old wont be easy but it has to be done IMO.

2 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Foden has been earmarked by Pep for great things and it's easy to see why.

Great game of football, the better team won - but why are they all wearing sports bras?

Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

I was going to post exactly the same question.... 

Isn't that the thing that measures their vitals etc? Pro opta or whatever it's called? 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

A little harsh on Spain who have played some decent stuff, but just seemed wide open to balls across their box. Great to see both teams just going for it, and well done our lads!

Not sure about their keeper on a couple of those goals, but good result regardless

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Can someone explain why they are wearing sports bras?

20171028_112834.thumb.jpg.3e1343504f2e717a457f1ab86d1bf96f.jpg

I believe they have chips in which monitor their performance, heart rate and body temperature etc. Probably quite important in that heat. Either that or they've had a few too many curries out in India and have developed man boobs. 

54 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I put it on at 2-0 so only saw England playing well. They were absolutely fantastic and have an excellent style of play. It is absolutely crucial that England find a way to manage the transition to the men's game as we could have a bright future. 

I thought they played well throughout. Spains goals came on the break, and we had numerous chances to score before we did: the first good chance came after two minutes. I don't think the final score flattered us either.

Amazing thing to achieve and what a tournament - as some have said; the national team could learn a lot from this bunch of lads. Unfortunately with the way the English game is set up, agents will now be scrambling to get these kids huge deals (so they themselves can cash in on it), in turn the kids will quickly lose touch with reality (as seen so many times when 17/18 year old kids are paid thousands per week) and for most of them they probably won't get enough first team game time to help them develop.

The FA hasn't done anywhere near enough to improve the set up for English players and neither have clubs. They won't learn from this or build on this huge opportunity.

Good to see the media jumping on the bandwagon now too adding to the pressure and over hype of expectation that the kids are going to have to manage.

10 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

That's actually not true. Over the past 10 years 82% of players that played in the Champions league quarter final and beyond started playing 1st team football at 17. Completely smashes this so called myth. If you're good enough you're old enough. 

That’s a bit of a misleading comparison, Tim. Based on that stat as you’ve quoted it - that could mean John Stones playing at Barnsley or Alexis Sanchez at Cobreloa.

That doesn’t necessarily mean they were first team regulars for Premier League sides which is the point I was replying to. It is rare for u17s to be playing regularly in the prem.

Archived