IGNORED

Under 17's World Cup (Merged)

phantom

The use of the wide players was excellent. Delivery from out wide was brilliant. Fast, positive attacking play with quick forwards and midfielders getting on the end of crosses. Hope Southgate was watching.

What is exciting, is that if this is the 'new way', maybe LJ is ahead of the curve with assets such as CoD, Leko, Ellison and the likes of Reid on the end of things. 

Could we be trailblazers!!!! 

31 minutes ago, Raging_Robin said:

True, I'll give you that. I still think if you're good enough you will play first team football at a level. I get what you're saying though. 

I agree to an extent but I believe size and strength is a factor. I think that explains partly why it’s taken Reid and perhaps too Morrell longer to break through and play regularly.

If you’re a 17 year old who’s fully grown and with adult strength then perfect, but that’s not many of them.

19 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

The use of the wide players was excellent. Delivery from out wide was brilliant. Fast, positive attacking play with quick forwards and midfielders getting on the end of crosses. Hope Southgate was watching.

What is exciting, is that if this is the 'new way', maybe LJ is ahead of the curve with assets such as CoD, Leko, Ellison and the likes of Reid on the end of things. 

Could we be trailblazers!!!! 

They used similar formations to Southgate problem is when teams keep it tight quick and crossing doesn't work. loading the midfield is hardly ahead of the curve. problem is as somebody said on tv these lads will probably play in the Netherlands rather than England.

12 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

They used similar formations to Southgate problem is when teams keep it tight quick and crossing doesn't work. loading the midfield is hardly ahead of the curve. problem is as somebody said on tv these lads will probably play in the Netherlands rather than England.

My reading is quite the opposite 'to loading the midfield''. Width in forward positions with positive, agressive, fast-flowing football.

Not the complete and utter cack that Southgate serves up of SoD- like pinging sideways/backwards at a pedestrian pace by shite defenders and defensive midfielders. By doing that the opposition get their lines of defence together and we just haven't the skill or nouse to work out how to get round or through the mass ranks. 

'Bombing on' is what we used to call it and watching England Under 17s, 19's and 20's doing that successfully is a joy. Far better than the turgid carp served up by Southgate and his mob of overpaid premadonas. 

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

My reading is quite the opposite 'to loading the midfield''. Width in forward positions with positive, agressive, fast-flowing football.

Not the complete and utter cack that Southgate serves up of SoD- like pinging sideways/backwards at a pedestrian pace by shite defenders and defensive midfielders. By doing that the opposition get their lines of defence together and we just haven't the skill or nouse to work out how to get round or through the mass ranks. 

'Bombing on' is what we used to call it and watching England Under 17s, 19's and 20's doing that successfully is a joy. Far better than the turgid carp served up by Southgate and his mob of overpaid premadonas. 

Don't want to sound rude but it was similar formations to the full team. its five in midfield. and the full international team would play fast and wide if the opposition let them. England U17's play like that because Spain let them as did Brazil. and there is the problem because it does not happen at full international level cant play like that because the opposition  never allow it.

3 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Amazing thing to achieve and what a tournament - as some have said; the national team could learn a lot from this bunch of lads. Unfortunately with the way the English game is set up, agents will now be scrambling to get these kids huge deals (so they themselves can cash in on it), in turn the kids will quickly lose touch with reality (as seen so many times when 17/18 year old kids are paid thousands per week) and for most of them they probably won't get enough first team game time to help them develop.

The FA hasn't done anywhere near enough to improve the set up for English players and neither have clubs. They won't learn from this or build on this huge opportunity.

Good to see the media jumping on the bandwagon now too adding to the pressure and over hype of expectation that the kids are going to have to manage.

The FA have spent huge sums on Wembley and St Georges Park. St Georges Park is part of the set up.

What do you think the FA could do?

8 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The FA have spent huge sums on Wembley and St Georges Park. St Georges Park is part of the set up.

What do you think the FA could do?

More needs to be done to change policies and introduce more strict rules around progressing and developing young English players in to the first team at their clubs. Can't argue against the fact they're getting something right in the youth international levels but much more needs to be done at the senior levels (club and international).

25 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

More needs to be done to change policies and introduce more strict rules around progressing and developing young English players in to the first team at their clubs. Can't argue against the fact they're getting something right in the youth international levels but much more needs to be done at the senior levels (club and international).

The EPL run themselves. The Elite Player Performance Plan overseeing academies was created at the bequest of and by the Premier League. The FA cannot introduce quotas into the EPL. The FA cannot do much in the face of the clubs, which is why I asked about set up.

I wholly agree about opportunity and young players but that is down to the clubs and their own league set up.

7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The EPL run themselves. The Elite Player Performance Plan overseeing academies was created at the bequest of and by the Premier League. The FA cannot introduce quotas into the EPL. The FA cannot do  much in the face of the clubs, which is why I asked about set up.

Nice and simple isn't it!

I still don't believe that this success will change things or that this crop of youngsters will benefit (in terms of this success flowing through the the England first team) because of the way the English game is set up currently when it comes to developing young talented players (in the broad sense before anyone calls out the likes of Tammy etc - not enough are making it through).

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Have you read The Secret Footballer’s section about St. George’s Park?

No I have not.

Clue?

I would question how one massive facility has influenced England's U teams to their success. Elite players should have elite facilities and the best coaches but I do not see how St Georges Park will help to improve the standard of football nationally when an alternative could have been regional FA ran training schools etc.

7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

No I have not.

Clue?

I would question how one massive facility has influenced England's U teams to their success. Elite players should have elite facilities and the best coaches but I do not see how St Georges Park will help to improve the standard of football nationally when an alternative could have been regional FA ran training schools etc.

Here’s the extract - thought it was interesting as someone who’s never been there. It is just Kitson’s opinion though so I’m sure there are plenty who’d disagree.

*apologies for the scrolling 

9BF9225D-09A4-46A0-AA8F-16003E22C16E.png

22E18242-11AA-45FF-AF48-20FB282928CE.png

5EAB24C9-13D3-4785-A6A6-3E13314D934E.png

0C2018E5-9157-4694-89F2-039ED0467B96.png

42405F1A-5928-468B-99FD-375D9747562D.png

424236A0-2AD4-4023-AEDB-0CE0774A243D.png

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Here’s the extract - thought it was interesting as someone who’s never been there. It is just Kitson’s opinion though so I’m sure there are plenty who’d disagree.

*apologies for the scrolling 

9BF9225D-09A4-46A0-AA8F-16003E22C16E.png

22E18242-11AA-45FF-AF48-20FB282928CE.png

5EAB24C9-13D3-4785-A6A6-3E13314D934E.png

0C2018E5-9157-4694-89F2-039ED0467B96.png

42405F1A-5928-468B-99FD-375D9747562D.png

424236A0-2AD4-4023-AEDB-0CE0774A243D.png

Thank you. I may get to see St Georges Park myself next year unless I can find my course closer to home.

As I pointed out its logical the further up the pyramid football goes that the facilities will mirror this, but I do feel its questionable if the resource spent is at the detriment of football further down the pecking order.

6 hours ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Don't want to sound rude but it was similar formations to the full team. its five in midfield. and the full international team would play fast and wide if the opposition let them. England U17's play like that because Spain let them as did Brazil. and there is the problem because it does not happen at full international level cant play like that because the opposition  never allow it.

That's very polite for OTIB. Thank you sir.

I would say it's up to the team to impose themselves on the opposition. If you have a Henderson-type who only plays backwards and side-ways for the national side it's inevitable that the opposition will dictate play.

High tempo, get 'up and at them' is the way to go with the flanks being the key with quick reaction fleet-of-foot forwards and  a couple of attack-minded, high energy midfielders who aren't scared of running into the oppositions penalty box. 

34 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

That's very polite for OTIB. Thank you sir.

I would say it's up to the team to impose themselves on the opposition. If you have a Henderson-type who only plays backwards and side-ways for the national side it's inevitable that the opposition will dictate play.

High tempo, get 'up and at them' is the way to go with the flanks being the key with quick reaction fleet-of-foot forwards and  a couple of attack-minded, high energy midfielders who aren't scared of running into the oppositions penalty box. 

how do you play high tempo v teams with five across the middle and four at the back sitting deep?  that's what England face regularly and flounder against. isn't this why wingers have disappeared because teams use players like your Hendersons as a extra defender to double up? 

Last nights game and others had none of this so the under seventeens could attack as they liked which is not the reality with the seniors.

Archived