IGNORED

Luke Ayling saturday

paulcityfan

13 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

I hope that he gets a great reception and not plastic glasses of pretend wee.  He was a great player for us and a firm favourite of mine. 

Unfortunately for Luke I think if we pelt down on the left as we have been doing lately we'll piss all over him anyway

You're saying it should be real wee? :ph34r: But yeah I'd hope he gets a decent reception. 

To me it seems there's a definite 'if your face fits' culture, at AG at the moment.  

That's fine when it's working, but when it's not there'll be a repeat of "LJ Out !!" shouts but a whole host of other staff sackings instead,  no doubt.

Luke Ayling was a quality player for us and I was miffed by the decision to see him go to Leeds.  Horse disliking or not.

25 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Thought he had a decent game against us last season and thought we had made a mistake letting him go.  I hope he doesn't have such a good game on Saturday though.

He will get no reception from me at all. Neither negative nor positive.  Just a player for the oposition now.

Wish him well though except for Saturday.

Same view from me, we've done the welcome back as we did earlier for Wilbs and Litts, now just an opposition player; brief acknowledgement and that's all.

1 hour ago, paulcityfan said:

I hope that he gets a great reception and not plastic glasses of pretend wee.  He was a great player for us and a firm favourite of mine. 

Unfortunately for Luke I think if we pelt down on the left as we have been doing lately we'll piss all over him anyway

Could be an interesting match if the Macedonian Messi finds his form again, our right side with him and Ayling was very strong pre blip.

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hope this doesn’t come across as too rude.. but why do people make threads about what reaction they hope former players get? 

I reckon it's because they're interested in finding out from the other forum users what reaction a particular former player might get.

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hope this doesn’t come across as too rude.. but why do people make threads about what reaction they hope former players get? 

I think in most cases it's because when players leave this is the first chance to acknowledge them and say goodbye, or in Ayling's case second. Some players will get good receptions even years after leaving, some standing ovations (as seen recently with Wilbraham) some polite applause, some meh and some will get boos and others the full dogs abuse. 

As I said Ayling has already been back with another team, so until the game starts it will be muted acknowledgement, I liked him and he seemed genuinely a nice bloke and popular with our players. But once the game starts he is a Leeds player and he will be expecting to be treated as such. That's football.

24 minutes ago, RiverRed said:

I reckon it's because they're interested in finding out from the other forum users what reaction a particular former player might get.

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think in most cases it's because when players leave this is the first chance to acknowledge them and say goodbye, or in Ayling's case second. Some players will get good receptions even years after leaving, some standing ovations (as seen recently with Wilbraham) some polite applause, some meh and some will get boos and others the full dogs abuse. 

As I said Ayling has already been back with another team, so until the game starts it will be muted acknowledgement, I liked him and he seemed genuinely a nice bloke and popular with our players. But once the game starts he is a Leeds player and he will be expecting to be treated as such. That's football.

Yeah was genuinely curious - would never cross my mind to do that. The forum is a small sample size and people will just do what they want anyway. I would think it's pretty obvious who's going to get a good reception - you can probably gauge it out of 10.

Wilbraham got a 9/10 reception, Flint if he left and came back would get a 10/10 one, Freeman/Ayling would get a 6 or 7/10 etc

I think it's nice actually when a former player or manager gets a particularly warm reception. I remember the one Gary Johnson got the first time he came back very well.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Roe said:

Clap him before the game, let Paterson/O'Dowda/Reid exploit him when he goes wondering into our half at inappropriate times, then give him another clap at the end of the game..

Exactly this @Roe - let's not forget he is now a Leeds player, and we should treat all their players with the utmost disrespect from the first to the last minute

After that it is different

Archived