IGNORED

Luke Ayling saturday

paulcityfan

13 hours ago, Roe said:

Clap him before the game, let Paterson/O'Dowda/Reid exploit him when he goes wondering into our half at inappropriate times, then give him another clap at the end of the game..

Exactly.

Don't forget that last year we won with a Marlon Pack goal (!!!) coming from where Ayling should've been covering - although he'd gone off on a wander and when Leeds lost the ball, was behind their play in the centre circle. Acres of space for Tomlin & Pack to run into. Same again will be nice ta!

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I was a big Fan of Luke. Quality player. Heard yesterday that he's their club captain and behind the players side of the donating a days wages to the lad with cancer. 

Top pro is our Luke. Their Luke!

Agree. I know since he left us he has become a father so that's life changing itself, certainly calms most people down and priorities appear different. Obviously people who haven't got their own children can be caring too but maybe fatherhood has touched a nerve with him?

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Lee said himself at time on RB that he told LA his first team prospects were limited so that’s a bit confusing 

:blink:

Maybe that’s because we had plans of getting Matthews who, at the time, was perhaps seen as the better right back.

Obviously Matthews was a huge flop so LJ says the criticism for selling Ayling is justified because of that - which it is. 

I still think LJ couldn’t have kept him even if he wanted to. After Cheltenham I think his card was marked by people above LJ and they wanted him out. 

Archived