IGNORED

friendship cup from the late 1960's any info? please.

Never to the dark side

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Never to the dark side some information on a previous thread

I don't remember seeing that thread before, I love that old picture. The other thread that @Nogbad the Bad started about Ashton Gate as you knew it, well that was the team as I knew it, except I don't think I ever saw Atyeo play and I have no memory of Chuck Drury or George Showell. Gerry Sharpe would have been a top division player but for an injury, the kind of injury that would be repairable these days I am sure.

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't remember seeing that thread before, I love that old picture. The other thread that @Nogbad the Bad started about Ashton Gate as you knew it, well that was the team as I knew it, except I don't think I ever saw Atyeo play and I have no memory of Chuck Drury or George Showell. Gerry Sharpe would have been a top division player but for an injury, the kind of injury that would be repairable these days I am sure.

I very much doubt it, it was horrendous, shattered bones dug into the turf !

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Ah maybe not then, did he try to make a comeback in a couple of reserve games? I seem to remember seeing him play but realising he wasn't the same? 

Yep, we were away at Preston..........................got back to read the green'um, big article about the ressies  and Gerry's return apparently about 2 thousand there! He made a couple more games but had to give up....I believe his injured leg was about aan inch and a half shorter !

Archived