IGNORED

Biggest City sick note

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, streety_bcfc said:

Fair, I suppose in this day in age where everyone is becoming easily offended its easier to block everybody when they have the slightest negative thing to say. Next it will be called a hate crime for saying #announceinjury, expecting the 6am knock now. :facepalm:

Tbf though, a repeated thing isnt just "blocking everybody when they have the slightest negative thing to say"

I'd wager someone who didn't repeatedly pester would be able to say "O'Neil had a bad game" after he played, or "looks like O'Neil is injured again" without being blocked. If they did get blocked, then yes, he is being over sensitive.

There's no reason for any bloke (or blokette) to have to deal with people repeatedly trying to get under their skin for no good reason when they are able to simply block that person and cut out any unnecessary hassle.

1 hour ago, streety_bcfc said:

Fair, I suppose in this day in age where everyone is becoming easily offended its easier to block everybody when they have the slightest negative thing to say. Next it will be called a hate crime for saying #announceinjury, expecting the 6am knock now. :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Tbf though, a repeated thing isnt just "blocking everybody when they have the slightest negative thing to say"

I'd wager someone who didn't repeatedly pester would be able to say "O'Neil had a bad game" after he played, or "looks like O'Neil is injured again" without being blocked. If they did get blocked, then yes, he is being over sensitive.

There's no reason for any bloke (or blokette) to have to deal with people repeatedly trying to get under their skin for no good reason when they are able to simply block that person and cut out any unnecessary hassle.

I've never tweeted O'Neil before.

Just sent this, let's see if I'm blocked then.

Screenshot_2017-10-19-15-22-36.png

19 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

Rodriguez from Southampton. Tall, elegant, silky skilled forward only lasted a few games, then leg break. brought him back and leg went again, got a fantastic welcome back form our fans which moved him to tears. such a sad end to his career which looked so full of promise.

anyone help with the detail please?

Dani Rodrigues.  Looked like he'd do something for us, but that break was bloody brutal.

Only George Elokobi had a noisier fracture!   :shocking:

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Dani Rodrigues.  Looked like he'd do something for us, but that break was bloody brutal.

Only George Elokobi had a noisier fracture!   :shocking:

Worst break I have witnessed was a Mangotsfield player, could hear it snap from the opposite corner of the ground (admittedly a quieter stadia than Ashton Gate).

Break was so serious they wouldn't move him and needed an ambulance to come on the pitch. Main issue there was that it took 45 minutes for an ambulance to get there from Frenchay!

So I saw a game that had 45 minutes of injury time at the end of the first half, making it the longest match I have witnessed, beating a cup match that had extra time and penalties which went through the whole rotation of players during sudden death.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Worst break I have witnessed was a Mangotsfield player, could hear it snap from the opposite corner of the ground (admittedly a quieter stadia than Ashton Gate).

Break was so serious they wouldn't move him and needed an ambulance to come on the pitch. Main issue there was that it took 45 minutes for an ambulance to get there from Frenchay!

So I saw a game that had 45 minutes of injury time at the end of the first half, making it the longest match I have witnessed, beating a cup match that had extra time and penalties which went through the whole rotation of players during sudden death.

Gives me the shudders reading that. With Elokobi, I had just turned to my mate and said "he looks just what our defence needs" when I heard the snap 100 yards away and swivelled round to see the looks of horrors from the players and the Atyeo crowd. Some people were even averting their eyes from the sight.

Poor bloke. Glad he made it back. Remember him waving at the crowd from the stretcher.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Gives me the shudders reading that. With Elokobi, I had just turned to my mate and said "he looks just what our defence needs" when I heard the snap 100 yards away and swivelled round to see the looks of horrors from the players and the Atyeo crowd. Some people were even averting their eyes from the sight.

Poor bloke. Glad he made it back. Remember him waving at the crowd from the stretcher.

I missed Elokobis (very) brief playing time for us, but know Wolves fans who reckoned he could have become a Prem player if it wasn't for the injury, said it set him back loads.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Played in a game in the FRY's tournament that was drawn. No extra time due to being an evening game so straight to penalties. Went through both teams 11 twice then the first 5 again then the fourth attempt after that was saved. Total of 36 penalties. By then it was pitch dark and took longer than extra time. Our captain on two occassions only had to score for us to win and he missed twice. Their keeper got the headlines as he saved the last kick his only save. Our keeper made 5 saves and didn't get a mention.

our keeper made 5

o

Harsh to suggest one injury makes a player a sick note

Brooker’s were a series of unrelated injuries, didn’t Tommy Doc have a serious injury and come back? Wouldn’t be surprised if mentally that did for him, “not here for a long time, might as well make it a good time”

My old man said Scott Brown breaking his leg in a league cup game against Cheltenham sounded bad - another that never really recovered from one injury

Darren Anderton was in FFT a few months ago and apparently got a bit upset about his nickname sicknote - Gary O’Neill’s unsurprisingly been a bit tetchy because he knows how little is left of his career

1 minute ago, solihull cider red said:

Harsh to suggest one injury makes a player a sick note

Brooker’s were a series of unrelated injuries, didn’t Tommy Doc have a serious injury and come back? Wouldn’t be surprised if mentally that did for him, “not here for a long time, might as well make it a good time”

My old man said Scott Brown breaking his leg in a league cup game against Cheltenham sounded bad - another that never really recovered from one injury

Darren Anderton was in FFT a few months ago and apparently got a bit upset about his nickname sicknote - Gary O’Neill’s unsurprisingly been a bit tetchy because he knows how little is left of his career

Yeah it was horrible. He`d only just signed for them a few days before and the injury seemed to affect our players much more than theirs - understandable I guess. We didn`t seem to be bothered about the game afterwards and lost 2-0 I think.

14 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

...at the other end of the scale, is Aden Flint unbreakable?

Can't recall him missing a minute of a game until the transfer saga at the start of this season. Averages 142 appearances a season. Remarkable.

Now, I'm not superstitious but why did you have to say that ? 

Dib, dib , dobbity dob , 

turn three times and spit on the hob.

I've just sacrificed next door's cat ( nothing to do with the spell but the little furry bastard gets in amongst my cabbages and peas) 

No animals where hurt during the making of this post .

Archived