IGNORED

So Far So Good

Red

Couple of things have changed since last season (aware I'm retreading old ground, but there we go):

Our defence is stronger in every sense, in that we're tricky to break down, and when attackers do get through, the centre backs seem to throw everything in front of the ball. It seems/feels like the defence we have is better at closing down/anticipating shots. It still sometimes feels like the midfield is easy to play through on occasions, but I guess LJ has sacrificed this for attacking purposes and made up for it with a solid back line.

Also, LJ appears to have reined in his Roy of the Rovers, gung-ho approach to matches in the final 20 minutes, presumably because he doesn't need to any more. The way we're set up now, we have a far higher chance of seeing out a game with a 1-0 win or even a gutsy draw, so he does. On the other hand, we do still have the attacking forces to throw everything at a team and snatch a point, e.g Wolves.

I'm not getting over-excited yet, but neither do I foresee a collapse like last season. We look solid, and after the last few Championship seasons, I'm happy with that.

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

Still not getting ahead of myself - this stage last season we were flying too!

Now we need to press on and improve on those results

Well no, this time last season we'd just lost to Cardiff. I was hoping that once we passed that date, the comparisons to our good start last year would end! 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Well no, this time last season we'd just lost to Cardiff. I was hoping that once we passed that date, the comparisons to our good start last year would end! 

Maybe one game a year ago, but the point I was making it was in this period that we had our horrendous run of results

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Maybe one game a year ago, but the point I was making it was in this period that we had our horrendous run of results

I get what you're saying, but I find it frustrating that any time somebody mentions how well we're doing, somebody compares it to last year.

Can't we just enjoy the good times? :yes:

Archived