IGNORED

'Cod Lot' survey ... University Study.

WhistleHappy

Confession time.... :facepalm:

Walked into a chippy near top of Whiteladies Rd and heard myself asking for two 'fish & chips please' ... :shocking:

.... Cod punished me for my mistake though, as we sat on a benchlooking over thebridge, & gorge eating them they just weren't nice, and the eagerly awaited cup of tea from our flask was shite too...

'' :punish: next time say COD LOT ... idiot!! "    That'll teach me eh?

... Let that be a warning to the rest of you!  :farmer:

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Confession time.... :facepalm:

Walked into a chippy near top of Whiteladies Rd and heard myself asking for two 'fish & chips please' ... :shocking:

.... Cod punished me for my mistake though, as we sat on a benchlooking over thebridge, & gorge eating them they just weren't nice, and the eagerly awaited cup of tea from our flask was shite too...

'' :punish: next time say COD LOT ... idiot!! "    That'll teach me eh?

... Let that be a warning to the rest of you!  :farmer:

You posh ****! :laughcont: Fish and Chips, imagine saying that!

On 27/10/2017 at 12:56, El Hombrecito said:

I've said this before, but I've lived in South Bristol my entire life, and consumed copious amounts of fish and chips in that time, and literally the only time I've heard the phrase "Cod Lot" is on this forum :blink:

Lived in south Bristol growing up, 'cod lot' was a well used phrase, remember going into a chipper (not chippie!) in Portsmouth after a cup tie in '73 and asking for one, blank looks all round

3 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Here's another South Bristol peculiarity I've noticed: adding the 'th' sound to the end of the word 'height'. What's that about then? 

I originate from up north (Patchway) and never heard it said in those parts, but have come across it from one or two South Bris people. Bit weird. 

http://grammarist.com/spelling/heighth/

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:56, El Hombrecito said:

I've said this before, but I've lived in South Bristol my entire life, and consumed copious amounts of fish and chips in that time, and literally the only time I've heard the phrase "Cod Lot" is on this forum :blink:

btw.... if you can't go so far as asking for a cod lot, ... it's a good idea to specify or ascertain that the fish they are serving you is indeed COD ....as you would if you wanted haddock, hake, plaice etc...

Fish & Chips can mean any fish they want to serve up During the Cod shortage many other species (& cheaper) were apparently offered & substituted and I'd be surprised if 'river cobbler' or Pollock etc isn't still being dished up as Fish & Chips (which of course it is) while the unwary customer simply assumes that what they're getting is Cod..

If you want Cod ... ask for Cod,  better still ask for a COD LOT ... and you wont go far wrong.  

Archived