IGNORED

Leeds match is POTD (confirmed)

myol'man

13 hours ago, Verloc said:

I'm a Leeds supporter who will be sat in the home sections of the ground tomorrow. I will, however, be quiet and show the appropriate respect. I have no desire to inspect your concrete steps at close quarter. 

You will however have no say in the matter as an away fan, its an obligatory battering if you come to Ashton Gate and have the lack of desire you talk of, please be warned.

As we are reminiscing about past Leeds games I recall stood in the East End on a very foggy day. So much so that you could not see the half way line. City were attacking the opposite end and as they disappeared into the gloom a roar would go up from the EE and then the chant one nil, one nil. Back the team would come into view only to mount another attack and then a roar and “two nil, two nil”. Not sure how long it went on for and what the outcome was but reminded me what a great sense of humour football fans have. 

20 hours ago, tommytank1985 said:

Was just about to ask the same. Unsure whether I can make it till the morning. Nothing on the site saying whether it's all ticket or a deadline to when they stop selling tickets! Useless! 

It is pay on the day but very limited now

On 10/20/2017 at 20:07, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was also at school, and came up to Leeds on one of the many official Supporters Club coaches (all coach and ground entry tickets arranged by the late and great Beryl Fudge) and my abiding memories, apart, obviously, from my red and white scarf hidden under my jacket all match, Don Gillies' goal and the result, were:

• Washing hanging from clothes lines stretched across the roads between the houses as our coach approached Elland Road.
  • Hundreds (Well, it seemed like it at the time) of young boys, say 10 years old or so, spitting, banging and throwing stones and whatever they could find at our coach windows as we neared the stadium when the majority of passengers were probably pensioners (a weekday afternoon kick-off, remember) or young schoolchildren like me. 
  • A thoroughly unhelpful group of idle policemen outside the ground at the end of the match, who, when we (two young schoolboys) asked naively if they might see us safely to our coach 100 metres or so from the stadium as there were hordes of Leeds fans looking to kick the proverbial out of us, refused and said it was our own fault for coming there!

Memories. MOT ;).

Them were the days. Enjoyed reading this, probably more than I should have done. You won the game though, which was the most important thing!

On 10/20/2017 at 23:23, YorkshireSection said:

You will however have no say in the matter as an away fan, its an obligatory battering if you come to Ashton Gate and have the lack of desire you talk of, please be warned.

Thank you for the friendly welcome. Fortunately I do have a say in the matter, simply by behaving as a responsible, reasonable human being. You should try it some time.

Archived