IGNORED

Thirsty tomorrow?

Bcfccity

Just now, CrazyInWeston said:

The thing is, even with that discount, you can see why pubs up and down the country are closing down, too expensive, many will grab booze from the local Sainsburys after the game.

I remember my train journey back to the North West after the abandoned cup game v Liverpool. The rest of the carriage was full of Scousers, most of whom had grabbed booze from the Asda and elsewhere after the game. Literally grabbed, that is. Must have been carnage for any in-store security guards. 

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

60p off £4 = £3.40 

So......60p x 8 pints = £1.20 off 

Took me ages to work that out without using a calculator. My arithmetic skills are a tad limited...............:facepalm:

Thats an even better deal.

It's not a "deal" though is it?

I usually buy 2 pints of Butcombe (list price £4) for myself & my mate. He does the same. Total £8. Before ST discount.

The club are doing a "2 pints for £8" offer!. !!!

both examples £6.80 after discount.

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I remember my train journey back to the North West after the abandoned cup game v Liverpool. The rest of the carriage was full of Scousers, most of whom had grabbed booze from the Asda and elsewhere after the game. Literally grabbed, that is. Must have been carnage for any in-store security guards. 

Sounds about right, bunch of pikeys up there!! :P

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

It's not a "deal" though is it?

I usually buy 2 pints of Butcombe (list price £4) for myself & my mate. He does the same. Total £8. Before ST discount.

The club are doing a "2 pints for £8" offer!. !!!

both examples £6.80 after discount.

Looks more of a convenience selling point rather than a special offer.

Tbh, £4 a pint isnt actually too bad for a 'captured' audience. There are plenty of boozers around Bristol that will charge you more than that. Although two for £8 isn't exactly a 'deal' at those prices.

Considering Dry is my drink of choice and not every pub sell it, I'm more than happy to pay £4 a pint at the ground. 

Fwiw, my local sell pretty much all ciders (all Thatchers, Natch etc) for £3.10 and I struggle to find anywhere that is cheaper than that.

8 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Christ when I started drinking I was paying 14p a pint.

But to be fair a gallon of petrol was about 60p. Getting into a nightclub was about 2quid and you could do the whole weekend on the piss for about a tenner:P

Christ! Expect it doesn't account for inflation but things haven't half got expensive nowadays mind.

25 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Have you not heard the word?

It was my understanding that everybody had heard.

Bird bird bird is the word,

dont you know about the bird?

(sorry I apologise)

Haha, only Phoenix Nights enthusiasts would understand :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Christ! Expect it doesn't account for inflation but things haven't half got expensive nowadays mind.

Yeah was getting 14quid a week as an apprentice gave mum 4 for your keep and a tenner left for the weekend.

Then take 2quid back from your mum until payday witch at the time was a Thursday!!!!

6 hours ago, Bcfccity said:

This is on guide to the gate for tomorrow,

SPECIAL OFFERS

Two-pinters of Thatcher’s Gold, Thatcher's Dry, Fosters and Butcombe will be available throughout the concessions for just £8. Meanwhile, two-pinters of Heineken and Guiness will be sold for £9.

Or a proper pub in North Street such as the H&C will, in a far more convivial atmosphere, sell you a wide choice of 4+ real ales or proper lagers or real ciders for less than £8 for 2 pints.

Or the Masonic or the Hare or the Try Again or the Spotted Cow etc similar.

Sorry but don't get paying over the odds for mediocre beers in a football stadium bar or concourse.

36 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Christ when I started drinking I was paying 14p a pint.

But to be fair a gallon of petrol was about 60p. Getting into a nightclub was about 2quid and you could do the whole weekend on the piss for about a tenner:P

Now I'm not as old as you, but I do wish fuel prices were 44p per litre as was in my childhood days, (yes you had cheaper, at 60p per gallon but I already said not as old as you.) Both prices still beat the current £1.15 a litre. I grew up in the days where 4 Star leaded petrol was being phased out, those pumps were red if IIRC.

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Or a proper pub in North Street such as the H&C will, in a far more convivial atmosphere, sell you a wide choice of 4+ real ales or proper lagers or real ciders for less than £8 for 2 pints.

Or the Masonic or the Hare or the Try Again or the Spotted Cow etc similar.

Sorry but don't get paying over the odds for mediocre beers in a football stadium bar or concourse.

To be fair the H&C is a poor example, zero atmosphere since becoming a pushchair car park and not exactly cheap.

32 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

Now I'm not as old as you, but I do wish fuel prices were 44p per litre as was in my childhood days, (yes you had cheaper, at 60p per gallon but I already said not as old as you.) Both prices still beat the current £1.15 a litre. I grew up in the days where 4 Star leaded petrol was being phased out, those pumps were red if IIRC.

I recall watching Nationwide one night when Frank Bough led with a story about a garage charging GBP1 for a gallon of 4-star. Then again, old Frank liked to slip into something more comfortable and snort Charlie off the bare arses of hookers, so should we have trusted him?

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

If people going moan about this easy don't have a drink you tight b####rds ffs get off the clubs case or stay away 

Its a rip off you doughnut. Stand up or continue to get fleeced, its people with your attitude that make clubs carry on thinking its okay!

4 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I recall watching Nationwide one night when Frank Bough led with a story about a garage charging GBP1 for a gallon of 4-star. Then again, old Frank liked slip into something more comfortable and snort Charlie off the bare arses of hookers, so should we have trusted him?

I'd have said no if he was snorting charlie.

3 minutes ago, The_Don said:

To be fair the H&C is a poor example, zero atmosphere since becoming a pushchair car park and not exactly cheap.

Cheaper than £8 for 2 pints, quality and range of the ales a tad better than one choice of Butcombe, its a nicer environment, the pushchair tag is not the case on a matchday, and even if so, its  a big pub and  whats the problem with a family friendly pub with quality real ales, ciders and lagers?

Plus there are loads of pubs and bars  within walking distance of Ashton Gate which offer a more enjoyable and cheaper pre or post match pint experience, IMO.

9 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Cheaper than £8 for 2 pints, quality and range of the ales a tad better than one choice of Butcombe, its a nicer environment, the pushchair tag is not the case on a matchday, and even if so, its  a big pub and  whats the problem with a family friendly pub with quality real ales, ciders and lagers?

Plus there are loads of pubs and bars  within walking distance of Ashton Gate which offer a more enjoyable and cheaper pre or post match pint experience, IMO.

I’m certain it’s pushing £4 a pint for cider & lager in there, not that price bothers me to be honest, I’d rather go somewhere I enjoy and pay more.

Who said there was a problem with families frequenting the pub? You pay your money & make your own choices.

I’ll stick to the Coopers on a match day, a nice pint and good value :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Good deal on the Monday night pizzas, and it is the closest, and easiest, stagger back to where I stay when in Bristol, so it works for me.

You don’t need to sell it to mate, I usually end up in there at some point on a North St crawl post match :shifty:

16 minutes ago, The_Don said:

I’m certain it’s pushing £4 a pint for cider & lager in there,

Ha yes and I'm not a lager drinker but even I know that Fosters - and what I believe is the other AG stalwart Heinekin - is rather naff tasteless tat!!

Archived