IGNORED

RIP Geoff Dunford

Super

As others say above, did a lot for Bristol Rovers over the years and kept them going at times as a viable entity. 

Whilst I don't really care about the local rivalry these days due to the years apart, having two professional league clubs in a city which hasn't seen top flight football for 30+ years is credit and GD will be remembered for that in an era when many clubs are going into administration or suffering.

I can only hope that the Section 82 folk don't go for some 'cheap laughs' later with some distasteful chant or so... there's a time and a place and all that. 

Sad news indeed.

Whilst I appreciate Rovers fans can be divided over his tenure at the club, it struck me that whilst mis guided at times he genuinley cared and tried to do what he thought was best.

Looking back now they certainly seemed to have sonething special, but rather like ourselves, somehow failed to grasp the nettle and slowly spun away.

13 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

As others say above, did a lot for Bristol Rovers over the years and kept them going at times as a viable entity. 

Whilst I don't really care about the local rivalry these days due to the years apart, having two professional league clubs in a city which hasn't seen top flight football for 30+ years is credit and GD will be remembered for that in an era when many clubs are going into administration or suffering.

I can only hope that the Section 82 folk don't go for some 'cheap laughs' later with some distasteful chant or so... there's a time and a place and all that. 

Really? I'm not sure there is a time or place, in all honesty

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Done his best for he Gas

Had nothing but respect for the guy when he turnt up at Divvys funeral to pay his respect 

Fair play for doing that, personally never liked the guy but that was probably down to his utter devotion to Rovers, football rivalry takes second stage on occasions like this

Met him a couple of times with work talking about the forum. He was always a complete gentleman - he was gas through and through and perhaps that was never as more obvious when he had that famous rant on their forum. 66 is no age either - RIP 

Archived