IGNORED

RIP Geoff Dunford

Super

59 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

As others say above, did a lot for Bristol Rovers over the years and kept them going at times as a viable entity. 

Whilst I don't really care about the local rivalry these days due to the years apart, having two professional league clubs in a city which hasn't seen top flight football for 30+ years is credit and GD will be remembered for that in an era when many clubs are going into administration or suffering.

I can only hope that the Section 82 folk don't go for some 'cheap laughs' later with some distasteful chant or so... there's a time and a place and all that. 

Can only echo this.

Did his utmost for Rovers and some of their better days in the 90s was under him.

RIP Geoff. Thoughts and condolences to family and friends.

It's the tough times that often bring out the best in people, as this thread shows. The Dunford family certainly showed their best at a very tough time for Rovers when we were literally on the brink. And on the pitch i think we all enjoyed some of our closest fought derbies both at The Gate and Twerton. The 80's weren't particulary great for either Bristol club yet somehow the rivalry was even stronger. Tough, but good times.

As a Gashead - thanks for showing a Rovers stalwart such dignity and respect at an awful sad time for his family.

RIP Geoff, Gone but not forgotten and taken far too soon.

11 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Surprised to have not got even an acknowledgement from Downsy, BCFC, Jon or Steve Lansdown after asking about some kind of applause or something to be asked for at the game. 

Would have been a nice touch to show some class and respect beyond footballing rivalry. 

May do one Tuesday evening for him?
He loved his club and did all he could for them so fair play to him. RIP.

Archived