IGNORED

Nathan Baker... Korey Smith...

EmersonsRed

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Only heard at half time about the flu virus in the squad. Baker and Paterson both out because of it. 

What a bummer.

Just relieved it’s not a long term injury for either of them. Both were badly missed today. 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Only heard at half time about the flu virus in the squad. Baker and Paterson both out because of it. 

What a bummer.

Pack must have it too! He is too good to be that bad. 

58 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

I hope you are fit soon. Baker, Flint needs you to hold his hand again.

Korey, we can't pass without you.

Defend a set piece more like, brownhill does not have the required defensive instincts to be described as a defensive mid. We were basically playing 4- 1-1-4. Dunno what LJ was thinking with that starting 11. Should have put Wright in the middle 

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Plus Pisano, who seems to be perpetually on the verge of being fit so will probably have an op soon.

And for all the publicity Flint gets it looks like Baker is the key defender.

Both defeats so far have been with Baker suspended/injured, and Hegeler in the centre of defence.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

What a bummer.

LJ on the radio said that Patterson has a bug that has had him in hospital on a drip all week.  Maybe that's flu but I doubt it.

Baker has a grade 1 medial ligament strain in his knee which is usually 7-14 days.

Smith out with the hamstring from the last game.

Pisano and Đurić should be available soon.  O'Neill not mentioned.

15 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

That makes more sense... if Baker is out for 7-14 days then let's hope LJ has seen enough today not to repeat the mistake of playing Hegelar CB!

Like he did at Stoke, at Barnsley? (Not included Plymouth)

in fairness, I might’ve played Wright alongside him today, but then again I would’ve been worried about exposing Vyner.

Miss Pisano, Miss Baker.

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

Plus Pisano, who seems to be perpetually on the verge of being fit so will probably have an op soon.

And for all the publicity Flint gets it looks like Baker is the key defender.

All the publicity he gets IS deserved. Flint wasn't good today, and he's be the first to admit it. BUT he kept going and when he went up top late on he did OK and NEVER stopped unlike some. Love Baker, love Aden. Two losses, and a bit of a day to forget..    hardly tear it all up time

Now where's my drink? , it's the weekend

24 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

That makes more sense... if Baker is out for 7-14 days then let's hope LJ has seen enough today not to repeat the mistake of playing Hegelar CB!

Big worry. Let's hope Pisano fit for next weekend so that Wright and start in the centre. Anyone but Hegeler

14 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Nonsense, a midfield creator wouldn't have stopped Leeds freely running at our centre backs like they did today. We still would have shipped three with a midfield creator in the side. 

Their team was full of creativity. Ours wasn't. Again 

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Their team was full of creativity. Ours wasn't. Again 

Not really, they played with a lot more energy and desire though. 

We looked set up wrong as well, the space in front of our back four was repeatedly vacated and allowed them to pick up most of the second balls after we cleared their attacks. 

Just now, marcofisher said:

And that creator will stop us conceding three goals? Even with one we would've lost 3-2 at best!

We don't have either. A creator or an enforcer like Vieira for them today. Midfield as always is dross at BS3. We never improve. Sideways players like Pack, LJ, Skuse, Burnell, Clist....the list goes on. 

When people were discussing the playoffs this season, one of the things that I said worried me was that, on our day, our first 11 can no doubt beat most, but take one or two of those key players out, and we look too average. Paterson and Baker being two I mentioned for example. They lift others around them and our lack of "leaders by example" is exposed if they're missing. 

That was on show today. Exactly what I worried about. 

I hope they're back as soon as possible and stay fit.

4 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

I hope you are fit soon. Baker, Flint needs you to hold his hand again.

Korey, we can't pass without you.

I was thinking exactly the same thing while watching the game. Korey for me is one of the most important cogs in the style we play. A high tempo/energy game while being able to retain the ball when in possession. For me the first choice in the central two. Baker has really impressed me this season, calm on the ball & takes no nonsense. Felt early on we were far too deep leaving to many gaps/spaces between the lines, whether that is related to Baker not playing or not I'm not sure. The sooner those two are back the better! COYR 

Archived