IGNORED

Last season again?

Langford Red

Hopefully it at least puts an end to the silly we can finish top 2 stuff.

Yes we had a good run and I'm hopeful this won't be another last season episode. But we also had a fair bit of luck on the run we did - it wasn't as though we were controlling every game etc.

I still think top 10 would be a decent season.

33 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

We started off like this, last season last season

Is it going to happen again

Plummeting down the league?

Here comes all the knee jerk reaction. I am not a fan of LJ. But give him his due today he couldn't be helped by having key players out.  But one thing is for certain, Pack, Hegeler, Woodrow and O'Dowda are not good enough. 

We are a different proposition to what we were last season. In my opinion I don't think it will happen. I do think that we will slip down into mid table between now and Christmas. 2 home games and only 1 point to show from it. Regardless of the opposition our best chance of picking up points is at home and we are now 8 points off top spot with teams below us with games in hand. We are a mid table side and that's an improvement from last season.

35 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's one defeat. If we keep talking up this "history repeating itself" theory, it's more likely to happen.

Let's keep some perspective.

Um...... no its not, many on here "talked up" LJ out last season.......made no difference...he`s still here.

This is a forum and a small portion of todays crowd, post on here; with their individual views.

Seems to be a close re-run of last season as far as I can gather.......so far. :dunno:

55 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

We started off like this, last season last season

Is it going to happen again

Plummeting down the league?

It really should not happen again. We do have more strength in depth, Smith & Baker in particular were massive misses today. LJ got it wrong picking Hegelar at CB in preference to Mags and starting Woodrow. As long as LJ does not panic and start chopping and changing all over the place, we can get back on track. As others have said, treat this as a reality check for those fans getting ahead of themselves and talking about top two challenge, solid mid-table should be attainable.  

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Don't let get in the way of the usual over reaction............:facepalm:

Only the second  defeat of the season a well.

It comes to something when I agree with RR 

47 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I haven’t given Johnson any credit yet, nor am I starting to give him abuse. The next 10 games or so will be interesting. January will show us where we belong.

Totally. People suddenly going from calling for his head to calling him the king. Honestly. We all know what happened after the international break last season and so far history is starting to rear its head again. Let's hope it's not the case. 

Archived