IGNORED

Last season again?

Langford Red

26 minutes ago, redandy1 said:

Yes straight after an embarrassing and clueless performance from the manager and team. Strange one that.

So what was "embarrassing and clueless then?"

City lost the game after losing four regular starters to injury. The replacements, Hegelar in particular didn't perform well. There's nothing LJ can do when that happens. The third goal highlighted just what a miss Baker was. I doubt Leeds would have scored direct from a corner had Baker been there.

Of course LJ had other options with selection. Hodur could have started instead Hegelar but he started Jens probably based on his performance against Stoke. I got no problem with that.

LJ could have started with Diedhiou and Taylor but opted for Woodrow and Leko but neither of them performed well either - it happens. 

It was a very disappointing performance and result but not embarrassing or "clueless" as you claim. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Which is a very unfortunate sample size. Surely you can see those four games aren’t representative of the bigger picture.

Yes I accept that but I personally have seen nothing to convince me that we are not in a false position. 

Just now, Redland said:

Yes I accept that but I personally have seen nothing to convince me that we are not in a false position. 

But it’s a fundamentally flawed point because you’ve unfortunately seen our worst games in 5 months.

It doesn’t really matter what you’ve seen, because what you’ve seen isn’t representative of the real form trends.

2 hours ago, Redland said:

The last four home matches I have attended are :-

City 0 - Birmingham C 1 (final match last season)

City 0 - Milwall 0

City 0 - Burton Albion 0

City 0 - Leeds 3

That's four consecutive matches I've attended where we have played poorly and have failed to score a single goal. Based on what I have seen I would be happy to avoid relegation this year and I really don't understand where the optimism on this forum comes from.  As the OP says we were in a similar league position this time last season before reality caught up with us.

Is your first name Jonah?

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

But it’s a fundamentally flawed point because you’ve unfortunately seen our worst games in 5 months.

It doesn’t really matter what you’ve seen, because what you’ve seen isn’t representative of the real form trends.

Perhaps I have been unfortunate in the matches I have attended but you cannot pretend those matches didn't happen. The only positive I have taken from the matches I have seen at AG this season is that against Burton I thought our defence looked strong and better organised than last season. However that illusion was swiftly dashed yesterday. 

Think if Woodrow was eligible for Tuesday Famara would have started yesterday. Seems this was a case of two sides being selected for these two games with Fam rested rather than dropped. This time it did not go to plan. Hopefully Tuesday will be a different story.

To be fair Man Utd lost to Huddersfield yesterday. I highly doubt they think they're going to get relegated this morning...

How we respond to this loss is how we will be measured now  (especially in the press after all the positive stuff recently). Win on Tuesday, Leeds was a blip. Lose on Tuesday, it's expected as it's a Premiership team, but also 2 on the bounce.

Fully expect a very strong side to take to the field against Palace on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Redland said:

City 0 - Milwall 0

City 0 - Burton Albion 0

City 0 - Leeds 3

That's four consecutive matches I've attended where we have played poorly and have failed to score a single goal. Based on what I have seen I would be happy to avoid relegation this year and I really don't understand where the optimism on this forum comes from.  As the OP says we were in a similar league position this time last season before reality caught up with us.

5 wins from 13 

16 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Um...... no its not, many on here "talked up" LJ out last season.......made no difference...he`s still here.

This is a forum and a small portion of todays crowd, post on here; with their individual views.

Seems to be a close re-run of last season as far as I can gather.......so far. :dunno:

Yes, but why do they only post when we lose and stay silent when we win?

:dunno:

22 minutes ago, Redland said:

Perhaps I have been unfortunate in the matches I have attended but you cannot pretend those matches didn't happen. The only positive I have taken from the matches I have seen at AG this season is that against Burton I thought our defence looked strong and better organised than last season. However that illusion was swiftly dashed yesterday. 

I hope this doesn't come across as rude Redland but we've had 13 matches you haven't attended where - with the exception of Birmingham away - we've had largely good results. The bigger picture is far more positive so I can't really take your opinion very seriously as I always try to look at trends over a larger sample rather than isolated results.

Of course those matches you attended are significant, but the bigger picture is that things are largely pretty good. I find your opinion a bit selective and short termist.

It's very unfortunate those are the matches you've seen because since April 8th, we've lost 3 matches in 22. 

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Baffling aint it;  we are apparently playing better and have better quality in depth; although injuries to first teamers are cited for our defeat yesterday?

Anyway the coming months will tell if a few fans worries are going to prove them right to be so, or not.

We missed a chance to make further strides forward yesterday in front of a big home crowd...... the future, who knows.....we will see.

Why is it you revel in defeat so much more than you delight in victory?

16 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There are so many variables in football that it’s hugely naive to think ‘history could repeat itself’ because we had a similar good run at the beginning of last season.

but the parallels with last season are hard to ignore, top six till international break then loss of form, and nobody can deny due to whatever reason we have lost form last two games, no reason why last season should repeat itself but at he moment you could forgive people for thinking it.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Did you even go?

No! He's like those on Radio Bristol.

There was one yesterday talking about the Yeovil game, "I listened to the game Geoff, it was a stonewall penalty, I can't understand why the ref didn't give it".

:rofl2br:

4 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

There was one yesterday talking about the Yeovil game, "I listened to the game Geoff, it was a stonewall penalty, I can't understand why the ref didn't give it".

That was Callum, bless him. Regular caller to Geoff on RB and tries to get on every single week.

I've met him before - he's got learning difficulties but is as passionate a Yeovil fan as you'll find; through thick and thin.

I don't know why RB allow people on who haven't seen the game though - pointless conversation.

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I hope this doesn't come across as rude Redland but we've had 13 matches you haven't attended where - with the exception of Birmingham away - we've had largely good results. The bigger picture is far more positive so I can't really take your opinion very seriously as I always try to look at trends over a larger sample rather than isolated results.

Of course those matches you attended are significant, but the bigger picture is that things are largely pretty good. I find your opinion a bit selective and short termist.

It's very unfortunate those are the matches you've seen because since April 8th, we've lost 3 matches in 22. 

No not rude at all and no offence taken. My opinion is simply based on the  home matches that I have attended and which I find hard to ignore or disregard. Based on my personal experience this season I hope you can understand if I do not share the enthusiasm of some on this forum. At best we would appear to be inconsistent and I personally would not wish to criticise those who fear a repeat of last seasons debacle. 

6th in the League

P13 W5 D6 L2 +6 

Thats the only stat that matters here. Yes we were bad yesterday, but I've been to games such as Ipswich away where we totally bossed a very experienced Championship side from start to finish. 

Lets have a little perspective here.

Do some really think we're not going to have a few bad days at the office over the course of 46 games?

9 minutes ago, Redland said:

No not rude at all and no offence taken. My opinion is simply based on the  home matches that I have attended and which I find hard to ignore or disregard. Based on my personal experience this season I hope you can understand if I do not share the enthusiasm of some on this forum. At best we would appear to be inconsistent and I personally would not wish to criticise those who fear a repeat of last seasons debacle. 

I understand - I just think it's an unfortunate sample which you've attended and not representative of our true form and ability.

You have seen us in two games where we've faced our apparent weakness - ultra defensive sides who come here to dig in and play for a draw. We've faced 3 this season and only won once (Bolton).

I think though to get a true understanding of where we are as a side, you need to have a bigger sample with a few of the wins in there too. We're far better than those 4 games suggest.

7 minutes ago, KingLear said:

6th in the League

P13 W5 D6 L2 +6 

Thats the only stat that matters here. Yes we were bad yesterday, but I've been to games such as Ipswich away where we totally bossed a very experienced Championship side from start to finish. 

Lets have a little perspective here.

Do some really think we're not going to have a few bad days at the office over the course of 46 games?

Good comments KL.

While many point to that we are little different, in terms of league position, than this time last season and "you know what happened after that", there are some important differences. 

As you point out we have looked confidently convincing in game like Ipswich, which is a major difference from this time last year, when we were getting results without being convincing at all. However, we have to temper our optimism a little because of game like Burton, Birmingham, Millwall and f curse Leeds, which show why we probably won;t challenge at the top end of the table come the ed of the season.

We are best playing on the front foot and pressing the opposition, and do seem to struggle to break down teams that come out to stifle us. Leeds seem to have beat us at our own game , which is slightly worrying, but on the other hand against Wolves we also showed a reliance and fight that was sadly lacking last season and is one the reasons why I don't anticipate the sort of melt down we experienced last season.

There is little doubt that injuries in key positions had a huge impact yesterday, and will have told LJ a few things about understudies, and also taught him some lessons about his team selections. Fingers crossed he learns those lessons quick;y, as he seems to have been doing so far this season.

The Burton and Leeds games are hopefully a dose of reality for those fans getting a bot carried away with thoughts of promotion, but I don't think there is any reason for them to be the catalyst for what happened last season either.

1 hour ago, Redland said:

What I and I'm sure other poster dot get is how you can base your opinion on only the games you've actually seen. 

Dont you read match reports, read threads on here, look at the league table and think " I must be a Jonah?" as the very few games I've seen were the most dreary ones so far?      

11 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Good comments KL.

While many point to that we are little different, in terms of league position, than this time last season and "you know what happened after that", there are some important differences. 

As you point out we have looked confidently convincing in game like Ipswich, which is a major difference from this time last year, when we were getting results without being convincing at all. However, we have to temper our optimism a little because of game like Burton, Birmingham, Millwall and f curse Leeds, which show why we probably won;t challenge at the top end of the table come the ed of the season.

We are best playing on the front foot and pressing the opposition, and do seem to struggle to break down teams that come out to stifle us. Leeds seem to have beat us at our own game , which is slightly worrying, but on the other hand against Wolves we also showed a reliance and fight that was sadly lacking last season and is one the reasons why I don't anticipate the sort of melt down we experienced last season.

There is little doubt that injuries in key positions had a huge impact yesterday, and will have told LJ a few things about understudies, and also taught him some lessons about his team selections. Fingers crossed he learns those lessons quick;y, as he seems to have been doing so far this season.

The Burton and Leeds games are hopefully a dose of reality for those fans getting a bot carried away with thoughts of promotion, but I don't think there is any reason for them to be the catalyst for what happened last season either.

Think nail has been been hit firmly on the head here. Top post.

3 hours ago, Redland said:

City 0 - Milwall 0
City 0 - Burton Albion 0
City 0 - Leeds 3

mF03gCe.gif

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

What I and I'm sure other poster dot get is how you can base your opinion on only the games you've actually seen. 

It's because the games I've seen are my actual experience of City and understandably leave a bigger impression on me than reports of games that I have not seen. 

21 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Did you even go?

19 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Yes, but why do they only post when we lose and stay silent when we win?

:dunno:

19 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why is it you revel in defeat so much more than you delight in victory?

19 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Same old replies from those who comment on other games like; the never ending Gas Games/situation, England game threads/situation, prem games etc, etc  WITHOUT ACTUALLY GOING.

I actually see every goal scored, watch all the highlights, read most comments from fans who were there and comments from managers of both teams playing, as well as read every live text from every one of our games and watch every televised/streamed and u tubed match. 

and make a comment.........my bad aren't I :ph34r:

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

Same old replies from those who comment on other games like; the never ending Gas Games/situation, England game threads/situation, prem games etc, etc  WITHOUT ACTUALLY GOING.

Not the same old replies from me I'm afraid!!!

:nono:

I haven't  commented on Gas Games, England games or prem games (unless you can show me where!)

Archived