IGNORED

Ratings

old_eastender

(where 6 is a decent display)

Frankie - 6 - no real chance with any of the goals, made a couple decent saves.

Wright - 6 - reasonable performance at RB again.

Bryan - 7- Defensively solid, offered some threat going forward.

Flint - 6 - Unlucky deflection from his attempted clearance for first, partly at fault for 2nd although Hegelar more so, won most balls that came his way.

Hegelar - 2 - Simply awful at Centre Back, way off the pace. At fault for 2nd and 3rd goals, including the build-up to the 3rd. Hope he is not played in that position again.

Pack - 4 - Poor and slow. Leeds forwards left to run at our defence time after time. Those who think Pack is Championship quality CM really need to think again. 

Brownhill - 7 - Never stopped running or trying just given little help in midfield without Korey. Setup Fammy for what should have been consolation goal.

COD - 5 - Nowhere near his best today, one of two decent crosses but very few, if any, of his trade-mark runs with the ball.

Leko - 6 - Looked dangerous but as with Burton game, no end product. Perhaps unlucky not to get a pen in the first half.

Reid - 5 - Like COD nowhere near his best today, lost his footing when clean through early in 2nd half.

Woodrow - 3 - As with his last two sub appearances, offered nothing up front. Very odd to start him in preference to Fammy.

SUBS.

Taylor - 7  before red card, looked calm and assured on the ball, good movement as ever.

Fammy - 5 - Chased and won more ball that CW, but poor miss at the end.

Mags - 7 - Not on for long but seemed comfortable, absolutely should have started at CB in preference to Hegelar.

MANAGER - 4 - OK so Korey, Baker, Pato not available, but really poor decision to play Hegelar CB in preference to Mags. Mystifying decision to start CW in place of Fammy. Also should have made the first changes at HT, not wasted 12 mins of second half with same non-working line-up.

Flint a 6?  Today showed he is not as good as people make out! Kick the ball long towards him and sure he looks good. But, positionally he is poor, cant defend the ball on the floor and has the turning circle of a double decker. He didnt have baker to hold his hand today and got badly exposed. Should of cashed in when we had the chance! Get pisano back and partner baker with wright.

29 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Flint - 6 - Unlucky deflection from his attempted clearance for first, partly at fault for 2nd although Hegelar more so, won most balls that came his way.

Hegelar - 2 - Simply awful at Centre Back, way off the pace. At fault for 2nd and 3rd goals, including the build-up to the 3rd. Hope he is not played in that position again.

Pack - 4 - Poor and slow. Leeds forwards left to run at our defence time after time. Those who think Pack is Championship quality CM really need to think again. 

Brownhill - 7 - Never stopped running or trying just given little help in midfield without Korey. Setup Fammy for what should have been consolation goal.

COD - 5 - Nowhere near his best today, one of two decent crosses but very few, if any, of his trade-mark runs with the ball.

Leko - 6 - Looked dangerous but as with Burton game, no end product. Perhaps unlucky not to get a pen in the first half.

Reid - 5 - Like COD nowhere near his best today, lost his footing when clean through early in 2nd half.

Woodrow - 3 - As with his last two sub appearances, offered nothing up front. Very odd to start him in preference to Fammy.

SUBS.

Taylor - 7  before red card, looked calm and assured on the ball, good movement as ever.

Mags - 7 - Not on for long but seemed comfortable, absolutely should have started at CB in preference to Hegelar.

MANAGER - 4 - OK so Korey, Baker, Pato not available, but really poor decision to play Hegelar CB in preference to Mags. Mystifying decision to start CW in place of Fammy. Also should have made the first changes at HT, not wasted 12 mins of second half with same non-working line-up.

Look again at the Flint 'unlucky deflection' his attempted clearance was half hearted at best and then Wright's half hearted attempted block and you have the first goal in a nutshell.

As for the 2nd I think you give Flint too much credit it was a clumsy unnecessary touch, mind you Pack weakly losing possession in the build up was the main cause of the danger in the first place.

46 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

SUBS.

7 got brownhill? Only going forward. Defensively he was at fault for the first goal and to a lesser extent the second, admittedly he improved, but by then it was too late. 

Also you can't have seen any other games this season to say that about pack. He plays well alongside smith and has had a good season, based on today you could have said half our team aren't championship standard. Very very unfair comment. 

42 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

SUBS.

How did Taylor get 7 - he didn't really do anything, then gets involved in a stupid fracass sticking his head into a Leeds players face and going down as though he's just been headbutted. Well played, just back from injury and now a 3 match ban for violent conduct. Christ it wasn;t even a bad challenge for him to confront the player over.

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Generous giving fielding a 6. Awful on 2nd and scared of coming off his line throughout the game. So many routine balls to come off his line and gather, but never shouts and comes, instead stays on his line and leaves our defence to deal with it. One occasion first half ball was in the air with just Wright and fielding in the box, fielding just stays on his line and Wright is forced to head it away. Schoolboy stuff. Obviously many players were awful, but just thought Id mention him as I have never thought he is a championship goalie and today showed why. 

That was shameful, Fiedling should have just plucked it out of the air instead forces Wright to head it,  so instead of our possession it landed not far out the box just in front of a Leeds player

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not a million miles off....i’ll post mine in thread below.

Reid, pack and flint who have all been dependable and solid we're nervy and error prone today. Leeds must have looked at our line up and thought, they are showing us no respect, we looked so open and vulnerable to the counter, they must have loved playing against this overly attack minded formation. Same problem as the losing run, 

11 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

7 got brownhill? Only going forward. Defensively he was at fault for the first goal and to a lesser extent the second, admittedly he improved, but by then it was too late. 

Also you can't have seen any other games this season to say that about pack. He plays well alongside smith and has had a good season, based on today you could have said half our team aren't championship standard. Very very unfair comment. 

Are you sure that you are not confusing Brownhill for Pack?.

Flint and Wright were at fault for the first and Pack, Flint and Hegeler for the 2nd.

IMO Pack has had 2 good games and the rest of the season he has been poor, I agree that he looks better with Smith alongside, but Smith looks better with or without Pack and that is the difference.

Might be a little harsh but:

Fielding 4 - can’t kick, doesn’t communicate, can’t see him starting at Sunderland. 

Wright 4 - not a right back

Flint 4 - Not very good at all, struggles when people isolate him 1 on 1

Hegeler 1 - If he sees himself as a centre back he can **** off back to germany

Bryan 6 - ok

O’Dowda 4 - What does he do? 

Pack 3 - Slow and weak, out muscled and out fought by Viera in midfield.

Brownhill 5 - ran around a lot, didn’t actually achieve anything

leko 2 - either run across the pitch get tackled, run down wing put ball into a) the stand b) the keeper c) first defender or my favourite thing, tackle himself.

Woodrow 2 - pathetic footballer, can’t pass, can’t shoot, can’t hold the ball up. Unfortunately Fulham fans are right about him.

Reid 4 - Bullied, ran around a lot

Taylor 5 - looked busy, picked on the wrong guy, got a nice 3 game ban coming up

Diedhiou 5 - ran about

Magnússon 5 - better than Hegeler

Frankie - 5 - no real chance with any of the goals, made a couple decent saves. Aimless long kicks straight to their keeper wasn't good.

Wright - 3- Poor display IMHO. He was supposed to be playing right back not centre half.

Bryan - 7- The best defender in red by an absolute mile.

Flint - 4 - At fault for the first, unlucky for the second but generally in headless chicken mode today.

Hegelar - 1- Terrible, absolutely terrible.

Pack - 2-  Awful performance by Marlon. Only gave him a 2 because I couldn't give Hegelar 0.

Brownhill - 6 - Never stopped running or trying just given little help in midfield without Korey. Setup Fammy for what should have been consolation goal. Agreed.

COD - 5 - Anonymous.

Leko - 6 - At least he tried.

Reid - 5 - Like COD nowhere near his best today, lost his footing when clean through early in 2nd half. Agreed

Woodrow - 4 - Won a few balls in the air but contributed nothing.

SUBS.

Taylor - 6- Seemed to be making a difference before the red. I saw the butt but don't know what he did to get a red as well.

Fammy - 5 - Chased and won more ball that CW, but poor miss at the end.Agreed

Mags - 5 - Didn't have time to change the game but didn't do a lot wrong. Should have started at CB.

MANAGER - 4 - Strange decision to play Hegelar CB in preference to Mags. Mystifying decision to start CW in place of Fammy. If he has prioritised Tuesday over a league game, change the 4 to a 2. Bad day at the office for LJ.

MOTM - Viera, Leeds.

Wrong team pick from the outset. Once we realise they are pushing on with a front 3 and not letting our CB's or the wingers play the ball, we should have adapted, we didn't.

the lump who spent the game in Flints face did a job, put him right off his game and disrupted the back 4. Hegeler  was poor, why not play a 3 with mags ? Why not just play Mags at CB? 

My ratings are as follows.

Fielding: 5 rooted to his line time and again, didn't command the area at all and needed to when the mayhem started. He looked panicked all afternoon bar one good stop.

Bryan: 6. OK, worked hard in autopilot mode.

Flint: 4. had a total mare. Put off by the big bloke, and made some howlers. He isn't invincible it seems.

Hegelar: 2. Frankly awful. Slow, ponderous. A player who can make a great pass if the game is played at 5 mph. Today was NOT his game. The shirt pull was embarrassing.

(why wasn't he subbed earlier?)

Wright: 5 he isn't a right back. We needed him in CB position to scrap. Wrong decision. If LJ was protecting Zak Vyner by not playing him, why have him on the bench?

Brownhill: 7. Worked his bollocks off. My MOTM.

Pack: 4. I don't get it. He is slow, constantly gets caught in possession, wants to constantly play the Hollywood pass, he is not Korey Smith and never will be. Why people rate him is beyond me. Too many lazy, obvious balls. 

O'Dowda: 5. Ineffective today. Scared  to take on Ayling.

Leko: 5. Fantastic skills topped off with a laughable errors. Totally ineffective today.

Reid: 5. Huffed and puffed, but teams have figured him out now.

Woodruff (sp?): 4. totally ineffective, rather would have seen Taylor from the start.

Fammy: 6 worked hard when he was on. 

Taylor: 5. Worked hard, stupid red card.

leeds figured us out, out muscled us and LJ had no response.

we need a strong busy MF ASAP!

30 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Pack has been shielded by Smith, Korey does the heavy lifting and now he's out, we are seeing Pack exposed as a League 1 MF player.

we need some proper muscle in MF asap.

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Are you sure that you are not confusing Brownhill for Pack?.

Flint and Wright were at fault for the first and Pack, Flint and Hegeler for the 2nd.

IMO Pack has had 2 good games and the rest of the season he has been poor, I agree that he looks better with Smith alongside, but Smith looks better with or without Pack and that is the difference.

Brownhill was stood way too deep for the first, by the time he realised the danger it was too late. He has no proper defensive instinct. He is a box to box mid. Admittedly today pack seemed to have lost it as well, I don't say this to criticise him as a player. He is a good player but not s defensive midfielder. He had to play that role today and didn't. 

Too many on here watch players on the ball rather than off the ball, I saw him off the ball in the first 20 minutes, hid positional sense was off. 

2 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Brownhill was stood way too deep for the first, by the time he realised the danger it was too late. He has no proper defensive instinct. He is a box to box mid. Admittedly today pack seemed to have lost it as well, I don't say this to criticise him as a player. He is a good player but not s defensive midfielder. He had to play that role today and didn't. 

Too many on here watch players on the ball rather than off the ball, I saw him off the ball in the first 20 minutes, hid positional sense was off. 

I think you will find that Pack is meant to be our defensive midfielder when Smith is not playing.

Where do we start?  Bad day at the office.  I rarely criticise a starting eleven and having just heard LJ on BBCRB, I won’t start now.  I could see the logic, maybe if not what I’d have done personally.

Usual 6/10 is a player deserving of his wages. I’m gonna be tough on myself and only go full marks.

Fielding 5/10 - hesitant today.  The lines between him and our back two were very inconsistent.  Couple of okay saves.  Not gonna blame him for goals.

Wright 5/10 - Leeds so well prep’d, never gave him any time on ball, exploiting his weakness on the ball.  Did ok defensively, but the lack of capability with it means we are stifled at home.  Might’ve shaded a 6 if If was being generous.

Flint 4/10 - don’t think he dealt well with Losoggo at all.  Leeds played everything into him and picked up pieces around him.  For first goal, don’t know why he tried to do a block tackle / clearance when he could’ve cleared it down the pitch without needing to clear it into the player?  Second goal, why not just pass it away for a corner, the route back to Fielding wasn’t there.  Sliding it back was the risk...we paid for it.

Hegeler 5/10 - pretty similar as Flint, but I don’t think he was involved in their goals like Flint was.  Came into midfield with the ball a couple of times.  Don’t believe the radio for those who said Flint won everything and Hegeler didn’t....that’s conscious bias imho.

Leko 4/10 - two good runs, great.  The rest...my one-off opinion (first time i’ve seen him live) is that he looks like he doesn’t have a football brain.  Very poor when we don’t have the ball, makes wrong decisions.  Was crocked early on, was that to do with it.  Won’t tar future performances with my view of this one, but looks like the kid who has had it too easy at youth football.

O’Dowda - 4/10 - what a chance to impose his place in the first team.  Wasted.  Said it before, gives away cheap fouls, Ayling sucked him in two or three times.

Pack - 3/10 - seemed to be treading water out there.  Not been the player I rate over the last couple of games.  Vieira won everything, chased and harried him into going sideways, backwards or giving it away.  Forward passes rarely found his teammates.

Brownhill - 6/10 - 5 first half, 7 second.  Worked his socks off.  Not quite his day on the ball, but tried to drive us on second half.  Probably ahead of Pack in terms of selection now.

Reid - 4/10 - pretty anonymous today, but given so little service.

Woodrow - 5/10 - very little service, but in our better spell in last 15 minutes of first half, he was the catalyst. 

Subs:

Taylor - 0/10 - happy to be proved wrong by the camera, but he was 100% culpable for the butt, his momentum was towards the player (who cynically tripped him - no more),  he was looking for it.  If he’s broken his nose, then I think he’s only got himself to blame.  It will heal during his 3-game ban.  Unprofessional.  LJ has said he’ll back him on BBCRB, but from the angle I saw it at, there’s Little to defend.

Diedhiou - 5/10 - little service, should’ve scored.

Magnüsson - not rated

The hindsight view:

Vyner at RB, Wright alongside Flint.

Diedhiou instead of Woodrow (but surely the selection was with Tuesday in mind)

The squad view:

Its funny how we’ve thought we have good depth, but one poor performance challenges that thought.  I think today, those of you who question what Smith brings, may see what we miss when he’s not there.

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I think you will find that Pack is meant to be our defensive midfielder when Smith is not playing.

It's not that simple. We were playing 4-2-4 in effect. I blame LJ for that, not brownhill or pack. Did you not notice how open we were in midfield?! It was the wrong players in the wrong formation. Showed a decent Leeds team no respect. We needed some steel in midfield. Wright should have been centre back. Vyner rb

Famara should have started. Hegeler should have been centre mid and either odowda or leko on the bench

also pack AND smith are the holding mids. When they are both playing we look far more solid. Both have defensive instincts, 

33 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Anyone who was in the Lansdown upper could have seen that all of our back 4 were utter turd, Bryan included.

Agreed and from the Dolman our midfield non existent! 

Pathetic performance all round.. Hoping it's just an off day and not glimpse of things to come! 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Where do we start?  Bad day at the office.  I rarely criticise a starting eleven and having just heard LJ on BBCRB, I won’t start now.  I could see the logic, maybe if not what I’d have done personally.

Usual 6/10 is a player deserving of his wages. I’m gonna be tough on myself and only go full marks.

Fielding 5/10 - hesitant today.  The lines between him and our back two were very inconsistent.  Couple of okay saves.  Not gonna blame him for goals.

Wright 5/10 - Leeds so well prep’d, never gave him any time on ball, exploiting his weakness on the ball.  Did ok defensively, but the lack of capability with it means we are stifled at home.  Might’ve shaded a 6 if If was being generous.

Flint 4/10 - don’t think he dealt well with Losoggo at all.  Leeds played everything into him and picked up pieces around him.  For first goal, don’t know why he tried to do a block tackle / clearance when he could’ve cleared it down the pitch without needing to clear it into the player?  Second goal, why not just pass it away for a corner, the route back to Fielding wasn’t there.  Sliding it back was the risk...we paid for it.

Hegeler 5/10 - pretty similar as Flint, but I don’t think he was involved in their goals like Flint was.  Came into midfield with the ball a couple of times.  Don’t believe the radio for those who said Flint won everything and Hegeler didn’t....that’s conscious bias imho.

Leko 4/10 - two good runs, great.  The rest...my one-off opinion (first time i’ve seen him live) is that he looks like he doesn’t have a football brain.  Very poor when we don’t have the ball, makes wrong decisions.  Was crocked early on, was that to do with it.  Won’t tar future performances with my view of this one, but looks like the kid who has had it too easy at youth football.

O’Dowda - 4/10 - what a chance to impose his place in the first team.  Wasted.  Said it before, gives away cheap fouls, Ayling sucked him in two or three times.

Pack - 3/10 - seemed to be treading water out there.  Not been the player I rate over the last couple of games.  Vieira won everything, chased and harried him into going sideways, backwards or giving it away.  Forward passes rarely found his teammates.

Brownhill - 6/10 - 5 first half, 7 second.  Worked his socks off.  Not quite his day on the ball, but tried to drive us on second half.  Probably ahead of Pack in terms of selection now.

Reid - 4/10 - pretty anonymous today, but given so little service.

Woodrow - 5/10 - very little service, but in our better spell in last 15 minutes of first half, he was the catalyst. 

Subs:

Taylor - 0/10 - happy to be proved wrong by the camera, but he was 100% culpable for the butt, his momentum was towards the player (who cynically tripped him - no more),  he was looking for it.  If he’s broken his nose, then I think he’s only got himself to blame.  It will heal during his 3-game ban.  Unprofessional.  LJ has said he’ll back him on BBCRB, but from the angle I saw it at, there’s Little to defend.

Diedhiou - 5/10 - little service, should’ve scored.

Magnüsson - not rated

The hindsight view:

Vyner at RB, Wright alongside Flint.

Diedhiou instead of Woodrow (but surely the selection was with Tuesday in mind)

The squad view:

Its funny how we’ve thought we have good depth, but one poor performance challenges that thought.  I think today, those of you who question what Smith brings, may see what we miss when he’s not there.

Hegeler was poor and totally at fault for the 3rd goal which is the point at which LJ had thankfully seen enough.

I think you might need to revisit the red cards, yes he was wrong to confront the player but the Leeds player looks to me to have clearly nutted him, the photo on the red card thread clearly shows contact, should have been a red and a yellow.

Archived