IGNORED

Cauley Woodrow - what did we see in him?

tinman85

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

I can't see anything better than what we have. Seems to try hard but so ineffective. Rather blood Mclouskey. 

Said before the game that after his last two ineffective sub appearances he would need a good display today otherwise with Milan nearly fit, he would not even be making the bench. Not his fault that we gifted them 2 goals in first 15 mins, but really again he offered next to nothing up front. Hopefully Milan plays against Palace Tuesday (CW cup-tied anyway).

I thought he looked alright. Some incisive flick ons which if read would have created chances, good strength, ran the channels and brought others in. Granted he didn't look dangerous, but I think him and Taylor together would be a real handful. I don't think Reid helped Woodrow at all today. If Reid had a good game I think Woodrow would have looked very good too. 

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

It's hard to do anything with the service he had today. The midfields inability to provide any ball / chances for our forwards was only surpassed by it's inability to provide any protection at all for our defence.

No he had service, especially 2nd half of 1st half where we improved. Nothing stuck. He was bullied off the ball and everything he tried didn't come off. 

Just thought I'd point out that it's not actually that long ago that people were saying on here that he should be in because Fammy was a waste of space and Woodrow had done well in a cup game. He actually hasn't had that many chances and could easily come good to write him off completely is silly. 

33 minutes ago, Fiale said:

It's hard to do anything with the service he had today. The midfields inability to provide any ball / chances for our forwards was only surpassed by it's inability to provide any protection at all for our defence.

If we had Eriksen, Coutinho, De Bruyne the lad wouldn't be a threat. He just isn't very good. 

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

I thought he looked alright. Some incisive flick ons which if read would have created chances, good strength, ran the channels and brought others in. Granted he didn't look dangerous, but I think him and Taylor together would be a real handful. I don't think Reid helped Woodrow at all today. If Reid had a good game I think Woodrow would have looked very good too. 

Me too.

It was inevitable that he would be subbed off as we were so poor but I'm not sure what he was supposed to do with the terrible service and lack of support he had.

Can't agree about Taylor (he is simply out of his depth at this level, IMO)  but Reid was very poor today and LJ got his team selection and formation very badly wrong and there were also a number of players today who were far worse than Woodrow..

Who apart from Brownhill of our front 6 played anything like a 6/10 today?  None of them.

Woodrow was starved of service.

Woodrow is a decent player.  He’s had no game time yet for us.  You are the same bunch saying Diedhiou was a donkey.  Show some patience.  Judge him when he’s had a few more starts. Judge him in a game which is representative of a reasonable team performance.  

He’s had 130 minutes in the league with us before today.

I thought he was at the centre of the better things that happened in the 15 minute spell leading up to half time.

Was he great today, no, but he had eff all service, just like Bobby, just like Famara.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Who apart from Brownhill of our front 6 played anything like a 6/10 today?  None of them.

For me Wright did, he is a leader and I loved how he was clearly hurting that we were getting beat and so put a few "reducers" in..

Archived