IGNORED

Red cards

whale

So.... 

The red card! 

First thought was that Taylor was headbutted and for some reason got sent off for it. 

After talking it over with others, we thought maybe it was because Taylor was the aggressor (although in itself I don't think that's a red card offence). 

Having watched the replay. (2m57), http://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-c-vs-leeds/374767, I can't see where Taylor's red has come from. 

Any thoughts? Any chance of it being rescinded? 

Yes, I know it wasn't a factor in our defeat. 

Was right in front of me, Taylor reacted badly to the tackle (not sure why as it was cynical but not dangerous...?) but only went to square up to him and didn’t put his head in. Berardi leant in and caught him clean, whilst not a massive movement any intent with the head can do damage and Taylor’s injury proves that, Berardi deserves longer than 3 games!

Taylor, whilst stupid, didn’t deserve a red and needs to be appealed 

Pretty sure the only offence for which he could have been sent off in that situation is violent conduct.  Looking at the incident, unless there was something we couldn't see in the handbags afterwards, all that has happened is the ref bottled it under pressure from Leeds.  It ought to be easy to get in rescinded.  I expect the Leeds player will get an extra couple of games too.

12 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Glad he got sent off, I’d have been calling for an opposition player to have been in the same situation.  Only seems fair to apply my reasoning to our player too.

Good idea. Let's bring in a new rule... it is a red card offence to be assalted on the field of play. 

No, seriousy. I agree with Johnson, looks like a borderline football / assault thing. Absolute shocker and from a bloke with a track record apparently.

Needs stamping out before the guy turns into Ben Thatcher.

1 minute ago, evander said:

i know we want to stick up for matty but it was a dive

The bit where the Leeds player went through the back of him or the bit where he got headbutted and had his nose broken?  

Perhaps he went to ground quickly after the headbutt but I'm fairly sure (not least from the photo above) he was entitled to.

Just now, evander said:

why was mattys face there be honest

I imagine because he was pissed off about being scythed down from behind.  Not the right thing to do but it's not really relevant to whether or not what the Leeds player did was a headbutt is it?  Being provoked (and I disagree that was what happened) has never been an excuse that gets you out of a sending off for violent conduct.

Just now, Nibor said:

I imagine because he was pissed off about being scythed down from behind.  Not the right thing to do but it's not really relevant to whether or not what the Leeds player did was a headbutt is it?  Being provoked (and I disagree that was what happened) has never been an excuse that gets you out of a sending off for violent conduct.

I think you might find you are arguing with a :gasmask:  .

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Is a valid point. He didn’t run up to him to make friends and he got close enough to get butted. Inciting the issue is the only reason I can think of that we might fail in an appeal. 

A very strange statement indeed, would you say the same to a victim who confronts somebody only to get stabbed for instance?.

Archived