IGNORED

City successfully appeal Taylor sending off (Merged)

class not gas

4 hours ago, kit said:

Watching it live I thought that Taylor had engineered the whole situation, taken a dive, and the Leeds player was incredibly unlucky. Watching the replay the Leeds player clearly nuts him and deserved a red, Taylor did engineer the situation and should have just got a booking for it.

Same for me. But even for those who disagree the decision makes no sense. If Taylor had engineered it then he should go but Beradi should stay as he wouldn't have done anything. If Beradi nuts Taylor then he should go and Taylor should stay. The only explanation I can think of is the ref thinks the decided to headbutt each other at the exact same moment which is ridiculous.

9 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

you have to question what Taylor was even doing? Bit of a nothing tackle and he goes squaring up to him like he’s been scissor kicked!

Taylor was all but saying ‘go on then mate, headbutt me’ - why go looking for it? 

7 hours ago, cider-manc said:

To be honest Taylor has been made to look a bit of a mug after chasing him down.

Agree with the above.

Leaving aside being on a football pitch, if somebody marches towards you in a provocative and aggressive way,  I think you are fully entitled to defend yourself. 

Didnt get a good view yesterday, but watched the video 5 or 6 times this morning.  Matty walked towards the Leeds player but his head did not move.  Head but by the Leeds player deserves a heavy fine and a 5 match ban.  Seriously, I fail to see what Matty did wrong.

Why do the police not just prosecute for assault with the video evidence they have? Answer - because its easier to prosecute motorists driving at 23 mph in a 20 limit.

Thought that Leeds were the dirtiest team we have seen at AG for a while and got away with most of it.

Taylor's unlucky to get sent off (and I guess more so to have a broken nose as well) but I very much doubt we'd get an appeal overturned seeing as he was the one that went up to Berardi initially.  It's somewhat unfair, but we've seen it a million times.  It doesn't matter which is "worse" (and a full on headbutt is obviously far worse than just being upset), the officials will cite it as instigating and they'll both get the same punishment.  That said, I think as a club we've got a case to ask for further punishment on Berardi who I could see getting an extension to his ban (although I doubt it).

19 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Same for me. But even for those who disagree the decision makes no sense. If Taylor had engineered it then he should go but Beradi should stay as he wouldn't have done anything. If Beradi nuts Taylor then he should go and Taylor should stay. The only explanation I can think of is the ref thinks the decided to headbutt each other at the exact same moment which is ridiculous.

The only explanation I can think of is the ref didn't really have a clue so decided to cover all eventualities!!!

:facepalm:

On 21/10/2017 at 18:51, Donkeeebles said:

I've seen the video and you can clearly see Leeds player head butt Taylor. Cannot see what Taylor did to deserve a red, yellow at worst for squaring up 

Yellow at worst for squaring up...why the **** did he feel he needed to square up...stupid behaviour and deserved a red

5 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yellow at worst for squaring up...why the **** did he feel he needed to square up...stupid behaviour and deserved a red

Being stupid isn't a red card offence, if it was then there would be 6-7 red cards a game.

Squaring up was stupid, but not a red card offence, something like headbutting someone is.

6 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I bet if the game was 1-1 at the time and we went on to win 2 -1 you would be singing a completely different tune. Gamesmanship is used on the pitch all the time. Squaring up on the pitch happens in nearly every match, getting a broken nose in the process isn't deserving of a red. Nobody who has ever played the game would come up with such a stupid statement as you have made. 

I don’t have had the best view in the LS, but Berardi is stood still, Taylor pacing towards him, into his personal space. Did Berardi really nut him, or just lower his head.  Berardi didn’t go through the back if him either, he gave him a cowardly, cynical ankle tap.  Taylor over-reacted....but Berardi has form, so maybe some stuff off the ball before that?

Taylor paced towards him with dangerous intent, deserved what he got....plus a broken nose.

I think any appeal has absolutely no chance of success.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t have had the best view in the LS, but Berardi is stood still, Taylor pacing towards him, into his personal space. Did Berardi really nut him, or just lower his head.  Berardi didn’t go through the back if him either, he gave him a cowardly, cynical ankle tap.  Taylor over-reacted....but Berardi has form, so maybe some stuff off the ball before that?

Taylor paced towards him with dangerous intent, deserved what he got....plus a broken nose.

I agree, Dave. Berardi just lowered his head, which is a fairly standard self-defence technique against someone who is about to head butt you. He made no move towards Taylor other than that caused by dipping his head - which probably is a red card offence in itself, but if Taylor hadn't been moving at a rate of knots towards him, nothing would have happened.

Until now I was all for appealing this but on reflection best to let it go.  If Matty had not moved towards Beradi this thread would not exist.  I can understand why Matty did it, very frustrating and annoying to get ones ankle tapped but should have just left it.

Also can we really see "the powers that be" overturning something favourably towards BCFC, hope I'm wrong but just cannot see it.

19 hours ago, palmerred said:

As much as Taylor may or may not have deserved the Red, had he acted properly he wouldn't have had any incident. Him squaring up and charging towards the player caused this fracas. If he let the ref do his job, he wouldn't have even got a yellow.

Whilst I agree with this I think perhaps Taylor was frustrated and had no faith the Ref was doing his job. He had only been on 20 minutes or so, not like they were niggling eachother all game. Maybe that's part of his game he struggles with as well as the physical step up to the Chsmpionship? That said when he came on at least he looked like he could cause Leeds some difficulties, so their player made his mark. 

From where I was sat in the Dolman I didn't have a great view. Obviously I saw the Leeds player get a red and Taylor having lengthy treatment to his face. I saw Taylor walk off and look like he couldn't continue, I realised we had used all our subs and it wasn't for a few moments I realised he had been sent off! 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

From my view in the SS, they was clear daylight between them, I must have blinked, and MT was on the floor clutching his face. It was so quick, I couldn't tell what happened at the time… 

I've seen the video now, and from that angle you can clearly see the Leeds chap nut MT…

A shame, I was looking forward to see MT :city:

Agree with the consensus here (wind up gas knobs aside) yellow for Taylor for squaring up and red plus subsequent increase in punishment for Berardi for what was essentially assault.

Also noticed that Leeds no 21 going apoplectic accusing Taylor, the ref and anyone else who he could chase down implying that Taylor was play-acting. What a p**ck. "He's deliberately broken his own nose ref...."

53 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Agree with the consensus here (wind up gas knobs aside) yellow for Taylor for squaring up and red plus subsequent increase in punishment for Berardi for what was essentially assault.

Also noticed that Leeds no 21 going apoplectic accusing Taylor, the ref and anyone else who he could chase down implying that Taylor was play-acting. What a p**ck. "He's deliberately broken his own nose ref...."

The 21 Sainz has previous as Port Vale were convinced he spat in the face of one of their players in a Carabao cup tie.

On 21/10/2017 at 23:12, cider-manc said:

Could clearly see the Leeds player headbutt Taylor from where I was in the south stand.

To be honest Taylor has been made to look a bit of a mug after chasing him down.

But I've no idea what the hell he was sent off for.

"If at first you don't succeed,in with the boot then in with the 'heed.....

Was also south stand,very clear view-Taylor charges over & comes second..fair play,a clear butt.

So with 'Taylors nose it's not just the performance that was disjointed.

Would expect our appeal to be upheld/rescinded to yellow.

57 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

The 21 Sainz has previous as Port Vale were convinced he spat in the face of one of their players in a Carabao cup tie.

The FA dismissed this claim. After reviewing video footage, they decided Saiz had "no case to answer". Michael Brown, the Port Vale manager who made this claim, has subsequently been sacked.

40 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Assuming that the appeal will go ahead any idea when it’s likely to take place?  Not withstanding the broken nose was wondering if it would be in time for the palace game. 

3-match bans for both players have been confirmed on the FA website. Don't know if any appeal(s) have been made yet.

Archived