IGNORED

City successfully appeal Taylor sending off (Merged)

class not gas

On 23/10/2017 at 00:03, lager loud said:

I agree, Dave. Berardi just lowered his head, which is a fairly standard self-defence technique against someone who is about to head butt you. He made no move towards Taylor other than that caused by dipping his head - which probably is a red card offence in itself, but if Taylor hadn't been moving at a rate of knots towards him, nothing would have happened.

I still can’t agree with this I’m afraid. Yes Taylor was stupid for storming over, and yes that caused the incident. But Berardi did more than just lower his head. He nutted Taylor hard enough to break his nose. A simple lowering of the head and wouldn’t have led to that.

It was an act of violence which was way more serious than Taylor’s act of stupidity, and deserves a far more hefty suspension in my view. 

6 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

Stand down those of you saying he got what he deserved,  shouldn’t have started it etc, that fool of a ref got it completely wrong. 

You can still think he shouldn’t have started it and agree that he shouldn’t have been sent off. Just saying! :) 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You can still think he shouldn’t have started it and agree that he shouldn’t have been sent off. Just saying! :) 

I think that about sums it up. I was not far from the incident and had a reasonably good view. It is true that Taylor was by no means completely innocent, but at the same time there is no way he committed a red card offence. Justice is done, with the possible qualification that Taylor probably should have got a yellow. Good news for tonight anyway, as we're already short enough as it is, without losing another one.

2 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

Beradi started it with a foul and finished it with assault. ;)

It wasn't that bad a foul and Taylor overreacted and got Beradi to react to his(Taylors) aggression. Having said that I think the right conclusion has been reached. How many more poor refs will we have this season?

16 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I want him banned so that Garita gets a shot. The 50k punt is a cult icon 

We're all Arnie ain't we?

Seriously though, would love to give him a run out just so he can hear 20,000 City fans chant his name. Don't care if he's crap. He's a Twitter legend.

12 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

We're all Arnie ain't we?

Seriously though, would love to give him a run out just so he can hear 20,000 City fans chant his name. Don't care if he's crap. He's a Twitter legend.

The appeal decision shows clear anti-Arnie bias. FA needs reform. 

In all seriousness he’s got a reasonable amount of goals for the u23 and I hope he gets at least a bench spot today. January I feel he’ll go out on loan. 

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Didnt help us saturday! We could have scored 3 in the last 15 mins!

While I smiled when I read this, if we had managed to use our man advantage we could have ended the game on a high.
A goal or even 2 back and a lot have people would have left happier. It's all well and good getting apologies but it does not help that particular game.

11 minutes ago, marmite said:

It wasn't that bad a foul and Taylor overreacted and got Beradi to react to his(Taylors) aggression. Having said that I think the right conclusion has been reached. How many more poor refs will we have this season?

It wasnt a bad foul, but without the foul there is no reaction. With no reaction there is no headbutt.

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

The appeal decision shows clear anti-Arnie bias. FA needs reform. 

In all seriousness he’s got a reasonable amount of goals for the u23 and I hope he gets at least a bench spot on Tuesday. January I feel he’ll go out on loan. 

I wouldn't be too sure that he'll be in the Matchday squad, I seen a picture of him on another City players Instagram yesterday with an ice pack on his thigh, so doesn't look too promising for him, could be a precaution though

19 minutes ago, marmite said:

If you've been out with an injury ,  battled back , then made the first team again only to have some synt hit you in that very spot again , I can understand a bit of a reaction.

Taylor did a good job on Beradi . Took one for the team .

Now dirty Leeds will be without him for three matches and other clubs can see that they can wind Beradi up .

On another point, good to see us getting something from the FA for a change .

35 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes, I agree, he could have just walked away after the foul and let the ref decide on what action would be taken, still he probably had the old red mist,  it happens. Main thing is he is not banned for three matches, but it's doubtful if he will play tonight, unless of course he has some sort of protection for the broken nose.

Archived