IGNORED

Leeds fans in Dolman Block A

E.J.Thribb

Couple of Leeds fans in the Dolman today, apparently got a bit ‘over excited’ after their second goal. Saw a few fans surround them and one get a punch to the back of the head, couldn’t see much though from where I was sat. 

Anyone else see it? And daft how they got in, what were they expecting?!? 

They didn’t look to old. 

Trouble with teams like Leeds is their big support and are supported all over the county. If you have POTD you take the risk that they will get into home ends. 

Not condoning it, but if we were ever on a promotion season with sell out at their gaff, we would no doubt go into the home end as well. 

5 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

They didn’t look to old. 

Trouble with teams like Leeds is their big support and are supported all over the county. If you have POTD you take the risk that they will get into home ends. 

Not condoning it, but if we were ever on a promotion season with sell out at their gaff, we would no doubt go into the home end as well. 

And keep your effing mouth shut while you're in there too! :laugh:! 

They were sat right behind me and they weren’t Leeds fans. About 10 or so came up the steps a few mins after kick off blocking the stairs because they didn’t know where they were sitting. They were all young and I noticed a few of them wearing Bristol university scarves. 

I didn’t see what happened when Leeds got there second , but there were lots of people telling one of them to get up and leave. ( presume he jumped up when they scored) eventually he was dragged to his feet and was leaving on his own accord . As he got to the stairs punches started to rain down on him , he ****** off pretty sharpish then. 

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not condoning the punches at all and if the person who threw them knew he was a student type I’m sure he wouldn’t of carried them out. However the lad clearly was very stupid to cheer when he did . A few of them had open cans of lager with them. Now whether they thought they were at rugby I don’t know but after having previous from Leeds in that block I personally think things got confused with what was going on . Anyway I’m sure his sociology studies will take a turn next week . 

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They were sat right behind me and they weren’t Leeds fans. About 10 or so came up the steps a few mins after kick off blocking the stairs because they didn’t know where they were sitting. They were all young and I noticed a few of them wearing Bristol university scarves. 

I didn’t see what happened when Leeds got there second , but there were lots of people telling one of them to get up and leave. ( presume he jumped up when they scored) eventually he was dragged to his feet and was leaving on his own accord . As he got to the stairs punches started to rain down on him , he ****** off pretty sharpish then. 

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not condoning the punches at all and if the person who threw them knew he was a student type I’m sure he wouldn’t of carried them out. However the lad clearly was very stupid to cheer when he did . A few of them had open cans of lager with them. Now whether they thought they were at rugby I don’t know but after having previous from Leeds in that block I personally think things got confused with what was going on . Anyway I’m sure his sociology studies will take a turn next week . 

******* students (got previous at that rugby game) give pwoppa boys a bad name! :P

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ignorance isn't really a defence. 

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Ignorance isn't really a defence. 

Just saying what i saw Vinc, like i said not condoning anything . i grew up as a young un on the east end when Chelsea, Arsenal, West ham, mancs etc tried taking it so perhaps i'm desensitised too it . The lad was a bit daft.  

At least two groups of Leeds fans thrown out of Upper Lansdown after their first and second goals, couldn't contain themselves! It always seems to be the same with Leeds, they need to respect the rules imo and get tickets in line with their allocation in the Atyeo.

26 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

And keep your effing mouth shut while you're in there too! :laugh:! 

True, I was going to the game when we were playing the Sags in the 80’s and chatting to some friends who were Sags walking in. I was going to the Dolman and they were in th3 old open end. 

When we separated some copper who would not be convinced searched me and said I’m with them and forced me in their end. 

We lost 1-3 but had no choice and was really difficult to contain myself when we scored. 

More importantly it took weeks to get the smell of gas off me. 

I sit on the very stairway where it happened.  I take my kids too.

Not great behaviour from our fans but stupid of Leeds to have gone there....

Wasn't it Leeds in the same place last time too - guessing about 5 years ago?

Was a bit nastier that time!

4 minutes ago, Judda said:

I sit on the very stairway where it happened.  I take my kids too.

Not great behaviour from our fans but stupid of Leeds to have gone there....

Wasn't it Leeds in the same place last time too - guessing about 5 years ago?

Was a bit nastier that time!

Yes - got what he deserved

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Quoting myself because @Thatch35had a opinion but aint got the balls even behind a keyboard to say what he needs to say. Come on you****  say what you got to say you absolute****

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Quoting myself because @Thatch35had a opinion but aint got the balls even behind a keyboard to say what he needs to say. Come on you****  say what you got to say you absolute****

Is that necessary at all? @Thatch35 is a consistent poster and is happy to defend his opinion, I've got a lot of respect for him.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Is that necessary at all? @Thatch35 is a consistent poster and is happy to defend his opinion, I've got a lot of respect for him.

Mate i love sarcasm and i hope this a level even beyond my comprehension. There was even a thread the other day asking to ban him. The bloke is a four word letter beginning with a capital C

24 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Mate i love sarcasm and i hope this a level even beyond my comprehension. There was even a thread the other day asking to ban him. The bloke is a four word letter beginning with a capital C

Nah I'm actually serious, every forum needs a Thatch. You can't go banning people you disagree with like.

I thought someone had said they were Irish lads on a stag weekend, but "not Leeds".

Leeds has a massive Irish following so that will probably have made people wonder.

Same five years ago where the bloke took the quick route down the Dolman's stairs.

There were definitely several Irish Leeds in the Dolman that day, so there is previous.

10 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Nah I'm actually serious, every forum needs a Thatch. You can't go banning people you disagree with like.

Thatch is entitled to his opinion and to air it on OTIB.

He took loads of stick and seems to have made plenty of forum enemies with his outspoken post on LJ's appointment. The irony is that by the time of the PNE away match many of those who were originally so outraged were publicly agreeing with him.

As you say, calling for the banning of a poster just because you don't like their views is ridiculous and, if acted upon, would be a very unwelcome precedent.

Leeds fan sat right behind me in the Dolman wearing a Leeds jacket and celebrated quite loudly for their first. Some around complained to a steward but there he sat all 90 minutes. He was quiet the rest of the match after he was spotted but was a bit annoying nothing was done about it. 

Archived