IGNORED

Leeds fans in Dolman Block A

E.J.Thribb

Wahooooo 3-0

Sat in the Dolman with my best (City Supporting mate) as usual.

Raised a smile and punched my mate in the leg when we scored. Wouldn't dream of rubbing it in the faces of people. (Apart from when I got in the car and let out a massive roar in his face haha)

However the reaction above of "got what he deserved" is precisely what is wrong with football and the type of Neanderthals (on both sides that attend).

The way I see it is that even with that away support you still didn't even sell out! Whereas those away tickets were sold in an hour!!

Yes we have fans that are idiots, due to us travelling in such large numbers it seems we have more than others but the actual percentage is probably no different to a few other sides in the division.

Also (idiots aside) isn't this what divides the library atmosphere of most PL teams with teams that actually have fans that follow through thick and thin?

Odd moments from yesterday, a large amount of stewards in front of the Heineken bar in the home end.... what a waste.

I was then informed that was the "singing" end, WTF is that, EVERYONE should be signing!?!?

Yesterday was the most apprehensive I've ever been visiting AG as I genuinely thought with our form we'd get pumped, but he put Vieira in the middle who bossed it.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I hope for your sake LJ has a bit more stamina this year 

• Admin

As Stevie says above they weren't Leeds fans, the lads were Sat two rows behind me, they all came to their first game, the mate of the lad marched out said it was his first football match and they didn't realise they didn't cheer for both sides.

Stupidity but was amusing how ott those that stayed verbally backed city

14 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm all for debate but no every forum doesn't need a**** like him

So there's an "ignore" facility on here (I believe) so users can easily ignore stuff they really don't like or want to read.

And yet, so many that complain so much about the likes of Thatch do not appear to use this "ignore" thing. Interesting.

I can only conclude that some of those that make all the fuss about the relentlessly negative posters get something positive out of reading this negative stuff and relentlessly criticising it; that they actually get something out of it.

But what on earth could that be, I wonder to myself?

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Thatch is entitled to his opinion and to air it on OTIB.

He is indeed Noggers but maybe needs to learn not to take everything to a personal level of abuse and should respect the opinions of others.

Not sure why a thread about Leeds fans allegedly has become a debate on Thatch. 

For my tuppence if you go in to an away terrace and make yourself known then you have passé the Numpty test and are likely to be promoted to thick ear status. Can you imagine the scenario at Elland Road!

as for Thatch35. He's alright. Says some dumb stuff at times but I've never had a problem with it even when it's been utter toss and I have said so. The ignore button is there for all and I use it, but not in his case. Ban him nah that is nuts. I will definitely boo!

15 minutes ago, BigTone said:

He is indeed Noggers but maybe needs to learn not to take everything to a personal level of abuse and should respect the opinions of others.

Wasn't aware he'd been guilty of that Tone - I'd have thought he's received more personal abuse than most, and there is definitely a ''ganging up' on people mentality evident on here sometimes.

BCFC evokes strong emotions  - you yourself didn't hold back on your thoughts about LJ in the not too distant past iirc.

It's all very simple on OTIB,  argue things out with those you disagree with or alternatively use the ignore button, really no need to call for bans.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wasn't aware he'd been guilty of that Tone - I'd have thought he's received more personal abuse than most, and there is definitely a ''ganging up' on people mentality evident on here sometimes.

BCFC evokes strong emotions  - you yourself didn't hold back on your thoughts about LJ in the not too distant past iirc.

It's all very simple on OTIB,  argue things out with those you disagree with or alternatively use the ignore button, really no need to call for bans.

I was indeed vocal and make no excuses for it, however am happy to see how things progress and admit I am wrong should that be the case. I might add that I never once felt the need to post personal insults against LJ at any point.  However, Matey Boy takes it to a different level and just gets nasty if you should differ with his view on life.  If a person respects others then there is no need for ganging up, however when they fail to do so it is just a result of their own actions and inability to communicate on an acceptable level.  The ganging up as you call it is not premeditated but just the collective voice of many who tire of the shite.   I have never called for bans on anyone and have ever only used the ignore feature once when someone really overstepped the mark. Like anyone , I am free to refrain from posting should I decide. As you say the forum is for us to argue our point, however there is a line in the sand that can be overstepped in doing so.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Leeds fans are known for it.

I know a Port Vale fan who lives down here. Was chatting to him about it at weekend, he says seen same at Vale Park- they like to go in and rile the home fans when they score and leg it a certain type of Leeds fan.

Sorry, but this sounds like nonsense to me. Leeds fans are most likely to be in home sections because the away section has sold out or they can't get tickets in there (because they aren't STHs or Members). I doubt they go in purely with the intention of "riling home fans and then legging it". Leeds have played at Vale Park twice in over 20 years by the way. Once in 2008, and before that in 1996. This Port Vale fan must have a good memory, as well as being an expert in the psychology of Leeds supporters.    

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:47, Judda said:

I sit on the very stairway where it happened.  I take my kids too.

Not great behaviour from our fans but stupid of Leeds to have gone there....

Wasn't it Leeds in the same place last time too - guessing about 5 years ago?

Was a bit nastier that time!

So it's you and your kids that cause trouble for the stewards by sitting on the stairway?  :):)

1 hour ago, Verloc said:

Sorry, but this sounds like nonsense to me. Leeds fans are most likely to be in home sections because the away section has sold out or they can't get tickets in there (because they aren't STHs or Members). I doubt they go in purely with the intention of "riling home fans and then legging it". Leeds have played at Vale Park twice in over 20 years by the way. Once in 2008, and before that in 1996. This Port Vale fan must have a good memory, as well as being an expert in the psychology of Leeds supporters.    

Maybe a mix of the 2...there is that of course, fans all over the country.

He saw it at a Port Vale Leeds game though, back in 08- they did indeed leg it! Maybe he's misinterpreted it somewhat...

All over the country there are Leeds fans in the home ends, it's because unless you have an away season ticket or a home season ticket then the chances of getting one are NIL.

They often get sold out BEFORE they are offered to members.

So unless you come accross a spare on a supporters club page then it's either sit in the home ends or don't follow the team away.

To the bloke/blokes who managed to throw a punch to the back of the head of the pissed up student/Leeds fan on his way out....well done. A brave and memorable action right up there with Rorkes Drift or Waterloo. Our society is a better place for your heroism.

I literally cannot understand the problem with away fans in the home end. If you get so cross that you want someone ejected or get violent because they are cheering, then I think you need to do some        re-accessing. Sat next to a Hammer when we played them in the cup a few years ago and we had a really good chat and he didn't keep his allegiance a secret when Sakho scored. 

I've also had a Cardiff Blues fan (rugby reference) dancing a few feet in front of my face, giving me the bird with both hands, following a Blues Try. If you start being violent, you are not big or clever, you deserve to be banned. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe a mix of the 2...there is that of course, fans all over the country.

He saw it at a Port Vale Leeds game though, back in 08- they did indeed leg it! Maybe he's misinterpreted it somewhat...

No problem. It just made me laugh a bit when I first read it! (and I know you're only reporting what he said!) It made it sound like a schoolboy prank!

Archived