Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Icelandic Clap

Leeds fans in Dolman Block A

Recommended Posts

Couple of Leeds fans in the Dolman today, apparently got a bit ‘over excited’ after their second goal. Saw a few fans surround them and one get a punch to the back of the head, couldn’t see much though from where I was sat. 

Anyone else see it? And daft how they got in, what were they expecting?!? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sat a couple of rows behind some Leeds fans in the upper Lansdown today, they too were a bit excited after the 2nd goal and got a bit of a shouting at and then got escorted out by the stewards. No violence though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didn’t look to old. 

Trouble with teams like Leeds is their big support and are supported all over the county. If you have POTD you take the risk that they will get into home ends. 

Not condoning it, but if we were ever on a promotion season with sell out at their gaff, we would no doubt go into the home end as well. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

They didn’t look to old. 

Trouble with teams like Leeds is their big support and are supported all over the county. If you have POTD you take the risk that they will get into home ends. 

Not condoning it, but if we were ever on a promotion season with sell out at their gaff, we would no doubt go into the home end as well. 

And keep your effing mouth shut while you're in there too! :laugh:! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were sat right behind me and they weren’t Leeds fans. About 10 or so came up the steps a few mins after kick off blocking the stairs because they didn’t know where they were sitting. They were all young and I noticed a few of them wearing Bristol university scarves. 

I didn’t see what happened when Leeds got there second , but there were lots of people telling one of them to get up and leave. ( presume he jumped up when they scored) eventually he was dragged to his feet and was leaving on his own accord . As he got to the stairs punches started to rain down on him , he ****** off pretty sharpish then. 

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not condoning the punches at all and if the person who threw them knew he was a student type I’m sure he wouldn’t of carried them out. However the lad clearly was very stupid to cheer when he did . A few of them had open cans of lager with them. Now whether they thought they were at rugby I don’t know but after having previous from Leeds in that block I personally think things got confused with what was going on . Anyway I’m sure his sociology studies will take a turn next week . 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Rubbish 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They were sat right behind me and they weren’t Leeds fans. About 10 or so came up the steps a few mins after kick off blocking the stairs because they didn’t know where they were sitting. They were all young and I noticed a few of them wearing Bristol university scarves. 

I didn’t see what happened when Leeds got there second , but there were lots of people telling one of them to get up and leave. ( presume he jumped up when they scored) eventually he was dragged to his feet and was leaving on his own accord . As he got to the stairs punches started to rain down on him , he ****** off pretty sharpish then. 

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not condoning the punches at all and if the person who threw them knew he was a student type I’m sure he wouldn’t of carried them out. However the lad clearly was very stupid to cheer when he did . A few of them had open cans of lager with them. Now whether they thought they were at rugby I don’t know but after having previous from Leeds in that block I personally think things got confused with what was going on . Anyway I’m sure his sociology studies will take a turn next week . 

******* students (got previous at that rugby game) give pwoppa boys a bad name! :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They were sat right behind me and they weren’t Leeds fans. About 10 or so came up the steps a few mins after kick off blocking the stairs because they didn’t know where they were sitting. They were all young and I noticed a few of them wearing Bristol university scarves. 

I didn’t see what happened when Leeds got there second , but there were lots of people telling one of them to get up and leave. ( presume he jumped up when they scored) eventually he was dragged to his feet and was leaving on his own accord . As he got to the stairs punches started to rain down on him , he ****** off pretty sharpish then. 

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not condoning the punches at all and if the person who threw them knew he was a student type I’m sure he wouldn’t of carried them out. However the lad clearly was very stupid to cheer when he did . A few of them had open cans of lager with them. Now whether they thought they were at rugby I don’t know but after having previous from Leeds in that block I personally think things got confused with what was going on . Anyway I’m sure his sociology studies will take a turn next week . 

Ignorance isn't really a defence. 

  • Rubbish 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Ignorance isn't really a defence. 

Just saying what i saw Vinc, like i said not condoning anything . i grew up as a young un on the east end when Chelsea, Arsenal, West ham, mancs etc tried taking it so perhaps i'm desensitised too it . The lad was a bit daft.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least two groups of Leeds fans thrown out of Upper Lansdown after their first and second goals, couldn't contain themselves! It always seems to be the same with Leeds, they need to respect the rules imo and get tickets in line with their allocation in the Atyeo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

And keep your effing mouth shut while you're in there too! :laugh:! 

True, I was going to the game when we were playing the Sags in the 80’s and chatting to some friends who were Sags walking in. I was going to the Dolman and they were in th3 old open end. 

When we separated some copper who would not be convinced searched me and said I’m with them and forced me in their end. 

We lost 1-3 but had no choice and was really difficult to contain myself when we scored. 

More importantly it took weeks to get the smell of gas off me. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sit on the very stairway where it happened.  I take my kids too.

Not great behaviour from our fans but stupid of Leeds to have gone there....

Wasn't it Leeds in the same place last time too - guessing about 5 years ago?

Was a bit nastier that time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Judda said:

I sit on the very stairway where it happened.  I take my kids too.

Not great behaviour from our fans but stupid of Leeds to have gone there....

Wasn't it Leeds in the same place last time too - guessing about 5 years ago?

Was a bit nastier that time!

Yes - got what he deserved

  • Rubbish 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, iamsober said:

Yes - got what he deserved

Yeah you definitely deserve physical violence for attending a football match. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I enjoyed today was a couple of blokes trying to get a song going.

To the same tune as the showunmi somg....

"Whats that falling down the stairs?

Is it a Leeds fan?! Is it a Leeds fan?!"

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once watched a city game in the bar at Elland Road as it was a beamback and I was there for work. If I remember rightly we were 2-0 down and scored twice in the last few minutes, but never for a second did I think it would be a good idea to cheer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

They were sat right behind me and they weren’t Leeds fans. About 10 or so came up the steps a few mins after kick off blocking the stairs because they didn’t know where they were sitting. They were all young and I noticed a few of them wearing Bristol university scarves. 

I didn’t see what happened when Leeds got there second , but there were lots of people telling one of them to get up and leave. ( presume he jumped up when they scored) eventually he was dragged to his feet and was leaving on his own accord . As he got to the stairs punches started to rain down on him , he ****** off pretty sharpish then. 

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not condoning the punches at all and if the person who threw them knew he was a student type I’m sure he wouldn’t of carried them out. However the lad clearly was very stupid to cheer when he did . A few of them had open cans of lager with them. Now whether they thought they were at rugby I don’t know but after having previous from Leeds in that block I personally think things got confused with what was going on . Anyway I’m sure his sociology studies will take a turn next week . 

Quoting myself because @Thatch35had a opinion but aint got the balls even behind a keyboard to say what he needs to say. Come on you****  say what you got to say you absolute****

Edited by steviestevieneville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Quoting myself because @Thatch35had a opinion but aint got the balls even behind a keyboard to say what he needs to say. Come on you****  say what you got to say you absolute****

Is that necessary at all? @Thatch35 is a consistent poster and is happy to defend his opinion, I've got a lot of respect for him.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Is that necessary at all? @Thatch35 is a consistent poster and is happy to defend his opinion, I've got a lot of respect for him.

Mate i love sarcasm and i hope this a level even beyond my comprehension. There was even a thread the other day asking to ban him. The bloke is a four word letter beginning with a capital C

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Mate i love sarcasm and i hope this a level even beyond my comprehension. There was even a thread the other day asking to ban him. The bloke is a four word letter beginning with a capital C

Nah I'm actually serious, every forum needs a Thatch. You can't go banning people you disagree with like.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Nah I'm actually serious, every forum needs a Thatch. You can't go banning people you disagree with like.

I'm all for debate but no every forum doesn't need a**** like him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Mate i love sarcasm and i hope this a level even beyond my comprehension. There was even a thread the other day asking to ban him. The bloke is a four word letter beginning with a capital C

Crab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Close,  it was crustaceans

The wife said it was that....but I couldn't spell it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

The wife said it was that....but I couldn't spell it !

 

3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

The wife said it was that....but I couldn't spell it !

I got half way there then had too google it because the cider wouldn't let me spell the rest :laughcont:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

 

I got half way there then had too google it because the cider wouldn't let me spell the rest :laughcont:

Fair play for getting the spelling right.

It's just the amount of letters you got wrong.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought someone had said they were Irish lads on a stag weekend, but "not Leeds".

Leeds has a massive Irish following so that will probably have made people wonder.

Same five years ago where the bloke took the quick route down the Dolman's stairs.

There were definitely several Irish Leeds in the Dolman that day, so there is previous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, iamsober said:

Yes - got what he deserved

got a punch from behind round the back of the head?... wow. The bravery. At least let the bloke see what he's facing

Edited by Sweeneys Penalties
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Nah I'm actually serious, every forum needs a Thatch. You can't go banning people you disagree with like.

Thatch is entitled to his opinion and to air it on OTIB.

He took loads of stick and seems to have made plenty of forum enemies with his outspoken post on LJ's appointment. The irony is that by the time of the PNE away match many of those who were originally so outraged were publicly agreeing with him.

As you say, calling for the banning of a poster just because you don't like their views is ridiculous and, if acted upon, would be a very unwelcome precedent.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds fan sat right behind me in the Dolman wearing a Leeds jacket and celebrated quite loudly for their first. Some around complained to a steward but there he sat all 90 minutes. He was quiet the rest of the match after he was spotted but was a bit annoying nothing was done about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wahooooo 3-0

Sat in the Dolman with my best (City Supporting mate) as usual.

Raised a smile and punched my mate in the leg when we scored. Wouldn't dream of rubbing it in the faces of people. (Apart from when I got in the car and let out a massive roar in his face haha)

However the reaction above of "got what he deserved" is precisely what is wrong with football and the type of Neanderthals (on both sides that attend).

The way I see it is that even with that away support you still didn't even sell out! Whereas those away tickets were sold in an hour!!

Yes we have fans that are idiots, due to us travelling in such large numbers it seems we have more than others but the actual percentage is probably no different to a few other sides in the division.

Also (idiots aside) isn't this what divides the library atmosphere of most PL teams with teams that actually have fans that follow through thick and thin?

Odd moments from yesterday, a large amount of stewards in front of the Heineken bar in the home end.... what a waste.

I was then informed that was the "singing" end, WTF is that, EVERYONE should be signing!?!?

Yesterday was the most apprehensive I've ever been visiting AG as I genuinely thought with our form we'd get pumped, but he put Vieira in the middle who bossed it.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I hope for your sake LJ has a bit more stamina this year 

 

  • Like 1
  • Snake 2
  • Rubbish 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Stevie says above they weren't Leeds fans, the lads were Sat two rows behind me, they all came to their first game, the mate of the lad marched out said it was his first football match and they didn't realise they didn't cheer for both sides.

Stupidity but was amusing how ott those that stayed verbally backed city

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm all for debate but no every forum doesn't need a**** like him

So there's an "ignore" facility on here (I believe) so users can easily ignore stuff they really don't like or want to read.

And yet, so many that complain so much about the likes of Thatch do not appear to use this "ignore" thing. Interesting.

I can only conclude that some of those that make all the fuss about the relentlessly negative posters get something positive out of reading this negative stuff and relentlessly criticising it; that they actually get something out of it.

But what on earth could that be, I wonder to myself?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm of the opinion, that if you can't handle differing views on a football forum. Then maybe the internet isn't really for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Thatch is entitled to his opinion and to air it on OTIB.

 

He is indeed Noggers but maybe needs to learn not to take everything to a personal level of abuse and should respect the opinions of others.

Edited by BigTone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why a thread about Leeds fans allegedly has become a debate on Thatch. 

For my tuppence if you go in to an away terrace and make yourself known then you have passé the Numpty test and are likely to be promoted to thick ear status. Can you imagine the scenario at Elland Road!

as for Thatch35. He's alright. Says some dumb stuff at times but I've never had a problem with it even when it's been utter toss and I have said so. The ignore button is there for all and I use it, but not in his case. Ban him nah that is nuts. I will definitely boo!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BigTone said:

He is indeed Noggers but maybe needs to learn not to take everything to a personal level of abuse and should respect the opinions of others.

Wasn't aware he'd been guilty of that Tone - I'd have thought he's received more personal abuse than most, and there is definitely a ''ganging up' on people mentality evident on here sometimes.

BCFC evokes strong emotions  - you yourself didn't hold back on your thoughts about LJ in the not too distant past iirc.

It's all very simple on OTIB,  argue things out with those you disagree with or alternatively use the ignore button, really no need to call for bans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wasn't aware he'd been guilty of that Tone - I'd have thought he's received more personal abuse than most, and there is definitely a ''ganging up' on people mentality evident on here sometimes.

BCFC evokes strong emotions  - you yourself didn't hold back on your thoughts about LJ in the not too distant past iirc.

It's all very simple on OTIB,  argue things out with those you disagree with or alternatively use the ignore button, really no need to call for bans.

I was indeed vocal and make no excuses for it, however am happy to see how things progress and admit I am wrong should that be the case. I might add that I never once felt the need to post personal insults against LJ at any point.  However, Matey Boy takes it to a different level and just gets nasty if you should differ with his view on life.  If a person respects others then there is no need for ganging up, however when they fail to do so it is just a result of their own actions and inability to communicate on an acceptable level.  The ganging up as you call it is not premeditated but just the collective voice of many who tire of the shite.   I have never called for bans on anyone and have ever only used the ignore feature once when someone really overstepped the mark. Like anyone , I am free to refrain from posting should I decide. As you say the forum is for us to argue our point, however there is a line in the sand that can be overstepped in doing so.

Edited by BigTone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my gosh ....  a fellow human being was sat next to a fellow human being but because they didn't see eye to eye about a game of soccer a sort of contretemps ensued.  And he might have been a student which means he is a bit more intelligent that some of the sub species who follow the game ... and omg he had a can of lager.  Some of you need to go to the rugby .. and man up.

 

  • Like 1
  • Snake 4
  • Rubbish 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds fans are known for it.

I know a Port Vale fan who lives down here. Was chatting to him about it at weekend, he says seen same at Vale Park- they like to go in and rile the home fans when they score and leg it a certain type of Leeds fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Leeds fans are known for it.

I know a Port Vale fan who lives down here. Was chatting to him about it at weekend, he says seen same at Vale Park- they like to go in and rile the home fans when they score and leg it a certain type of Leeds fan.

Sorry, but this sounds like nonsense to me. Leeds fans are most likely to be in home sections because the away section has sold out or they can't get tickets in there (because they aren't STHs or Members). I doubt they go in purely with the intention of "riling home fans and then legging it". Leeds have played at Vale Park twice in over 20 years by the way. Once in 2008, and before that in 1996. This Port Vale fan must have a good memory, as well as being an expert in the psychology of Leeds supporters.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:47, Judda said:

I sit on the very stairway where it happened.  I take my kids too.

Not great behaviour from our fans but stupid of Leeds to have gone there....

Wasn't it Leeds in the same place last time too - guessing about 5 years ago?

Was a bit nastier that time!

So it's you and your kids that cause trouble for the stewards by sitting on the stairway?  :):)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Verloc said:

Sorry, but this sounds like nonsense to me. Leeds fans are most likely to be in home sections because the away section has sold out or they can't get tickets in there (because they aren't STHs or Members). I doubt they go in purely with the intention of "riling home fans and then legging it". Leeds have played at Vale Park twice in over 20 years by the way. Once in 2008, and before that in 1996. This Port Vale fan must have a good memory, as well as being an expert in the psychology of Leeds supporters.    

Maybe a mix of the 2...there is that of course, fans all over the country.

He saw it at a Port Vale Leeds game though, back in 08- they did indeed leg it! Maybe he's misinterpreted it somewhat...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All over the country there are Leeds fans in the home ends, it's because unless you have an away season ticket or a home season ticket then the chances of getting one are NIL.

They often get sold out BEFORE they are offered to members.

So unless you come accross a spare on a supporters club page then it's either sit in the home ends or don't follow the team away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the bloke/blokes who managed to throw a punch to the back of the head of the pissed up student/Leeds fan on his way out....well done. A brave and memorable action right up there with Rorkes Drift or Waterloo. Our society is a better place for your heroism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I literally cannot understand the problem with away fans in the home end. If you get so cross that you want someone ejected or get violent because they are cheering, then I think you need to do some        re-accessing. Sat next to a Hammer when we played them in the cup a few years ago and we had a really good chat and he didn't keep his allegiance a secret when Sakho scored. 

I've also had a Cardiff Blues fan (rugby reference) dancing a few feet in front of my face, giving me the bird with both hands, following a Blues Try. If you start being violent, you are not big or clever, you deserve to be banned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe a mix of the 2...there is that of course, fans all over the country.

He saw it at a Port Vale Leeds game though, back in 08- they did indeed leg it! Maybe he's misinterpreted it somewhat...

No problem. It just made me laugh a bit when I first read it! (and I know you're only reporting what he said!) It made it sound like a schoolboy prank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Verloc said:

No problem. It just made me laugh a bit when I first read it! (and I know you're only reporting what he said!) It made it sound like a schoolboy prank!

:laugh: tbh, was typing quick just about to finish break at work...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×