IGNORED

Underlying hate - Surfaced

SStandUp

Even before today, it's quite obvious there is an underlying hate towards Lee Johnson. And today it has been surfaced once more.

Its been coming, and as much as I dislike it, it's not surprising. 

1 loss in 13, and 2 losses all season, yet there is fans on local radio stations and social media platforms laying into him. A large portion of fans have been waiting for this game to come in my opinion, because those fans are the ones who are still red faced from last seasons revival and a revival that has been carried on thus far this season. 

And they will sit there or reply to this calling me out, saying things like "I just want the best for this club" blah blah blah, but there sat there waiting for it to go wrong so they can say "told you, told you we should of got rid of him". And ofcourse no one will admit this, but today's reaction/ meltdown says it all. 

Its unbelievable how easy it has been for fans to almost flip a switch today and go back to "Johnson doesn't have a clue" & "Team selection doesn't make sense" 

One of the main criticisms I've seen today is Hegelers selection. Well last time he played, against Stoke, he was absolutely fantastic. Admittedly he was poor today, but how dare people berate Johnson over this? He's picked him based off previous performances and rightly so.

And to those fans who booed the players off at half time, you're an absolute joke. We're punching well above our weight at the moment in the top 6, we're not a big club, the sooner people realise this the better. We have the 14th highest attendances in the championship, with a good but not quite a finished article squad. But fans seem to think we have the right to go out and out perform every side we come up against. If people really thought along the way this season, we weren't going to have poor performances now and again, then you're deluded.

The boo's as half time particularly annoyed me like I said, especially after a good 20min spell from City leading up to half time, it was so poor and massively embarrassing. And it goes back to a underlying hate towards Johnson. And like I said, no one will admit this, but it's true. 

This will upset a few, because how dare I criticise fans who pay an entry fee. They can do and say what they want, you're right they can. But doesn't mean it's not highly embarrassing to the rest of us who appreciate the season as a whole so far and appreciate the effort the staff and players have been putting in. 

Get a grip and get behind the boys through the ups and downs. 

Up the City X

9 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Even before today, it's quite obvious there is an underlying hate towards Lee Johnson. And today it has been surfaced once more.

1 loss in 13, and 2 losses all season, yet there is fans on local radio stations and social media platforms laying into him. A large portion of fans have been waiting for this game to come in my opinion, because those fans are the ones who are still red faced from last seasons revival and a revival that has been carried on thus far this season. 

And they will sit there or reply to this calling me out, saying things like "I just want the best for this club" blah blah blah, but there sat there waiting for it to go wrong so they can say "told you, told you we should of got rid of him". And ofcourse no one will admit this, but today's reaction/ meltdown says it all. 

Its unbelievable how easy it has been for fans to almost flip a switch today and go back to "Johnson doesn't have a clue" & "Team selection doesn't make sense" 

One of the main criticisms I've seen today is Hegelers selection. Well last time he played, against Stoke, he was absolutely fantastic. Admittedly he was poor today, but how dare people berate Johnson over this? He's picked him based off previous performances and rightly so.

And to those fans who booed the players off at half time, you're an absolute joke. We're punching well above our weight at the moment in the top 6, we're not a big club, the sooner people realise this the better. We have the 14th highest attendances in the championship, with a good but not quite a finished article squad. But fans seem to think we have the right to go out and out perform every side we come up against. If people really thought along the way this season, we weren't going to have poor performances now and again, then you're deluded.

The boo's as half time particularly annoyed me like I said, especially after a good 20min spell from City leading up to half time, it was so poor and massively embarrassing. And it goes back to a underlying hate towards Johnson. And like I said, no one will admit this, but it's true. 

This will upset a few, because how dare I criticise fans who pay an entry fee. They can do and say what they want, you're right they can. But doesn't mean it's not highly embarrassing to the rest of us who appreciate the season as a whole so far and appreciate the effort the staff and players have been putting in. 

Up the City X

Really... i haven’t heard anything like this, outrageous if true and probably from the less intelligent :s

11 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

There's no underlying hate and the reaction today has been very mild - appropriately so given recent results.

However it is true that because LJ was a marmite player for us, and because he got the job based on his previous time here and his relationship with SL rather than his achievements as a manager there is certainly a higher degree of scepticism about his ability than someone who had no history with the club would get. 

Remember though, anybody who wasn't LJ and got the run of results that happened last season wouldn't have survived, and anybody with LJ's prior record would have found it very tough to get a championship job in the first place, so there's a certain amount of smooth he gets to go with the rough bits and it balances out.

If he's learning (and aside from the first few games he seems to be) that's the main thing.

I think LJ gets fair criticism today. 

Arguably, our best 2 CB's are Baker & Wright. Flint 3rd, arguably Magnússon 4th, Hegeler 5th. 

So, when your number 1 is out, I believe it's essential to make sure your 2nd best one is in there. He had his 3rd and 5th rated CB's instead of his 2nd and 3rd - against what we know will be one of the stronger teams.

Thats mistake 1. Mistake 2 is having 3 nailed on first teamers missing (Baker, Smith, Paterson) and deciding to make 2 additional changes. With 3 big players already missing, meaning you already have to make 3 changes, why then make 2 further unnecessary changes. No need. 

Mistake 3 for me was not making 2 subs at half time. It worked for 15 mins when he made them and we appeared to up our game a little. Should've taken the bull by the horns at half time, took initiative back, by changing it up at half time.

This season has been better by far and I congratulate LJ on that, but today he must accept his fair share of criticism for his selections. Seeing our best/2nd best CB at RB with 2 inferior and dreadfully slow CB's inside him was just horrible. 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Arguably, our best 2 CB's are Baker & Wright. Flint 3rd, arguably Magnússon 4th, Hegeler 5th. 

So, when your number 1 is out, I believe it's essential to make sure your 2nd best one is in there. He had his 3rd and 5th rated CB's instead of his 2nd and 3rd - against what we know will be one of the stronger teams.

Thats mistake 1. Mistake 2 is having 3 nailed on first teamers missing (Baker, Smith, Paterson) and deciding to make 2 additional changes. With 3 big players already missing, meaning you already have to make 3 changes, why then make 2 further unnecessary changes. No need. 

Mistake 3 for me was not making 2 subs at half time. It worked for 15 mins when he made them and we appeared to up our game a little. Should've taken the bull by the horns at half time, took initiative back, by changing it up at half time.

This season has been better by far and I congratulate LJ on that, but today he must accept his fair share of criticism for his selections. Seeing our best/2nd best CB at RB with 2 inferior and dreadfully slow CB's inside him was just horrible. 

Completely this, I posted exactly the same thing about the centre backs (in that order, too) earlier, mate.

I think he was right to leave Eliasson out, all his other enforced changes (obviously he couldn't do anything about Baker or Paterson) were silly.

Baffled why he didn't change our formation at HT and bring Diedhiou on then, too.

33 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Up the City X

Only from you perhaps?

Ipswich was superb and the most complete away performance for many a season as there to enjoy it.

Bakes &  Pato were forced changes with only the Fam being dropped the questionable one but not to be our day today.

We move on though from the relative comfort of a Top 6 Place. Not too shabby & as McIndoe said on 20Man if LJ had a little more belief in himself then we’d have some manager.

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Why City fans rate Magnússon I really don't know? 

Hegeler started today because he was fantastic against Stoke when he came in. Based off that Johnson was entitled to pick him.

As for the other changes, Eliasson dropped for his appalling performance last week. Fammy was probably more unlucky to be dropped ..

not sure he got a huge much wrong, hindsight is wonderful and all that though 

Poor performances from an unfamiliar selection, with some questionable choices and set-up. At our worst today, all the failings of last season were evident - poor defending, out fought in midfield, and no attacking creativity or cutting edge. 

The real challenge now is how we respond to this game. Tuesday's team selection could be very interesting...

• Admin
38 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

By the way, it's mainly social media platforms I'm referring too! 

Social Media has got a lot to answer for.......  In more than a few instances, some folk only seem to use it as Anti-Social Media, FB is full of absolute banal shite and fake news on plenty of subjects, so I wouldn't get upset by it, its the modern way......

53 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

By the way, it's mainly social media platforms I'm referring too! 

This forum rarely gets more than 300 people at any one time........so any negativity really is such a small percentage of fans.

Mind you, a few of those 300 or so post something almost every minute of every day.

As a light drinker with a few pints down I say who cares? If people want to be negative let em. We got a solid team who got done by a team determined to win. We caught Leeds at a bad time imo and add some absences due to injury and illness and you get today. I'll be worried if we're still playing this way late November but as for today it's a bad one but a once off. Even Burton imo we done enough to win just unlucky. Today made it impossible after 20 min. It happens and it's a tough league. Our bounce back moment is here and I expect us to take it. We should finish on about 65 points this season imo and about 11th. We're well on pace to do that. I'm happy and positive and I expect most others are too. **** the rest 

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Surely we should have been 'determined to win' too? Or is that all it takes to beat us - you just have to be 'determined to win' ??!! Strange comment....

Words taken out of context maybe? They'd lost 3 in row I think. Maybe desperate to win. Either way think they wanted it more and that showed. Still, we could've gotten them before the break and beat them 3-0. We didn't though and they aren't a bad team. Think we played them at the wrong time and that'll happen over a season. Just as teams like Brighton and Huddersfield played us at times we needed wins last season. 

I booed because I think it was a piss poor performance first half. Simple as that. And I don't appreciate being called a "joke". I love LJ to bits and I think he will continue to be head coach for a long time, but it wasn't acceptable to me.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

I booed because I think it was a piss poor performance first half. Simple as that. And I don't appreciate being called a "joke". I love LJ to bits and I think he will continue to be head coach for a long time, but it wasn't acceptable to me.

Can't boo imo after one bad performance. Even then it's our first home loss of the season. Got to have context. I wasn't happy today but I stayed in my wet row 6 seat in the Dolman and clapped them off. Why? Because it's one bad performance out of about 8. A bit out worked and a bit outclassed but you get that over 26-27 home games in all competitions. If this was the third or forth bad home game in a row with no passion then go for it. As it stands it was a bad day after a game where we dominated but couldn't break through. We are a good team but opponents now have 13-14 matches of game tape to figure us out. Going to be harder now but we have the quality to get through a rough patch 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Can't boo imo after one bad performance. Even then it's our first home loss of the season. Got to have context. I wasn't happy today but I stayed in my wet row 6 seat in the Dolman and clapped them off. Why? Because it's one bad performance out of about 8. A bit out worked and a bit outclassed but you get that over 26-27 home games in all competitions. If this was the third or forth bad home game in a row with no passion then go for it. As it stands it was a bad day after a game where we dominated but couldn't break through. We are a good team but opponents now have 13-14 matches of game tape to figure us out. Going to be harder now but we have the quality to get through a rough patch 

I'm a quite pissed now so this probably isn't the best time to argue my point, but I was soaking wet, I'd paid a lot of money to get to the game with all things considered, and I didn't think it was good football. It was sloppy, mistake laden, boring and they were all over us. To be fair I entered through a different turnstile today, so sorry everyone! I'm also somewhat concerned we'll drop off now a la last season, you know??

52 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

This forum rarely gets more than 300 people at any one time........so any negativity really is such a small percentage of fans.

Mind you, a few of those 300 or so post something almost every minute of every day.

so I suppose any positivity is a small number of fans also?

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

so I suppose any positivity is a small number of fans also?

Depends on how many comment on social media I suppose.......but if you go by the numbers on this site, it's a small percentage who are negative about where we are right now

18 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm a quite pissed now so this probably isn't the best time to argue my point, but I was soaking wet, I'd paid a lot of money to get to the game with all things considered, and I didn't think it was good football. It was sloppy, mistake laden, boring and they were all over us. To be fair I entered through a different turnstile today, so sorry everyone! I'm also somewhat concerned we'll drop off now a la last season, you know??

de ja vu is what I was thinking as I came out of the ground, hope I'm wrong looked at our next 5 fixtures and thought the way we seem to have lost our spark we may be in for a disappointing November.

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

de ja vu is what I was thinking as I came out of the ground, hope I'm wrong looked at our next 5 fixtures and thought the way we seem to have lost our spark we may be in for a disappointing November.

philleas fog go on then predict the next five games tell me how many points we will get, I predict 4 then see who is rubbish.

19 minutes ago, pillred said:

It did worry me. I really hope this isn't it, I've got total confidence in LJ and his elves to work their magic and put this wobbly period to an end, its just hard to not worry after what happened last season.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

It did worry me. I really hope this isn't it, I've got total confidence in LJ and his elves to work their magic and put this wobbly period to an end, its just hard to not worry after what happened last season.

you cant blame us for worrying, same as you hope to god it doesn't happen again, LJ would be definitely drinking in the last chance saloon if the same thing happened again .

18 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Booing your own team at half time seems a bizarre thing to do, when you want to encourage them to fight back.

I would never boo my own team, ever, even if I was muttering to myself.  But I could half understand it at the final whistle I suppose.

Archived