IGNORED

Luke Ayling

cityred exile

31 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Any body notice when Leeds scored there first goal ? That he got a signal from there bench to go and celebrate with the other 9 out field players    Also it was noticable that the Leeds fans were chanting his name on many occasions  , just to annoy us ?

Fancy that Leeds fans chanting the name of one of their players !!

41 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Any body notice when Leeds scored there first goal ? That he got a signal from there bench to go and celebrate with the other 9 out field players    Also it was noticable that the Leeds fans were chanting his name on many occasions  , just to annoy us ?

To be fair that's nothing different to what we would do !, anyhow why shouldn't he celebrate, his team had a good win.

No problem here, he gave our fans a clap at the start and when he changed ends at half time.

A mutual appreciation of a wonderful servant to this club.

Another double winner rightfully acknowledged and although he may go on to achieve a bigger prize this season I doubt he will ever have another league and cup double.

Wherever he goes, I'm sure Luke will know that City were a crucial step for him to take in his career. The making of him if you like. And he'll always remember that 14/15 season and the squad camaraderie as a particular highlight.

It doesn't surprise me that he is playing even better than he did for us. At city he was a young player and albeit talented there was a bit of naivity at times, now he's coming into his prime career years.

And of course it was a shame we sold him, but we did need to free up some wages and unfortunately, other clubs rarely come in for our worst players!

54 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought he played well yesterday. But as things have turned out i'm glad we let him go. Ayling has had a dodgy season by all accounts, and he has looked suspect on quite a few goals this season, and the end of last season. And I remember it was his fault we scored against them in our 1 nil win last season. I prefer Wright and Pisano. But he was a great player for us in our promotion season.

Leeds fans say he has been superb.

2 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

Played very well yesterday.  Unnecessarily pushed O'dowda into the barriers when play was already out, which I thought was a bit nasty.  But he is a leeds player now and can behave like they do

I don’t think he intended to hurt O’Dowda. In fact I should imagine Leeds would have wanted him O’Dowda to stay on the pitch the way he was playing. 

I bet Ayling beat more players and put more crosses in yesterday than O’Dowda has all season. 

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

I don’t think he intended to hurt O’Dowda. In fact I should imagine Leeds would have wanted him O’Dowda to stay on the pitch the way he was playing. 

I bet Ayling beat more players and put more crosses in yesterday than O’Dowda has all season. 

Thats not difficult as COD has zero end product.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Thought he played well yesterday. But as things have turned out i'm glad we let him go. Ayling has had a dodgy season by all accounts, and he has looked suspect on quite a few goals this season, and the end of last season. And I remember it was his fault we scored against them in our 1 nil win last season. I prefer Wright and Pisano. But he was a great player for us in our promotion season.

No, he has been an absolute unit for us his season and will likely win POTY.

No idea why you think he's had a dodgy season, we went 7 without conceding!!!!!

1 minute ago, aza said:

No, he has been an absolute unit for us his season and will likely win POTY.

No idea why you think he's had a dodgy season, we went 7 without conceding!!!!!

And he's a likeable young man as well. Had the rep of something of a vibes merchant for the squad when he was here.

I always admired how he'd give a radio interview, despite having a stutter problem. That takes some bravery.

He's one of our former players I'm glad to see doing well.  (even if it is for you lot! :P)

He's a huge credit to the club and the way he carries himself on and off the pitch is a great example to kids today.

I hope we can give him the PL football he deserves as if we don't the new 4 year deal he's signed will be tested by lower to mid PL teams.

13 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Any body notice when Leeds scored there first goal ? That he got a signal from there bench to go and celebrate 

Well that is a clear example of poor coaching at Leeds. Do any of our players need a signal to tell them we have scored? FFS Leeds, it's not rocket science to explain the rules to your players in advance. 

Including headbutts are naughty....

Archived