IGNORED

Damage in the away end

Yipikiaye

1 hour ago, Yipikiaye said:

I spoke to a ashton gate steward this evening only briefly , told me there’s damage in the away end today by Leeds fans . Anybody see what happened ? Also what happens can the club claim cost of repairs against Leeds . 

Obviously; if they can prove it.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Obviously; if they can prove it.

Really?  It's not the (Leeds) clubs fault, surely they'd have to take action against the individual(s) responsible.  If it was in the dressing room and it was Leeds employees I'd expect them to pay, but a club cannot be responsible for the actions of its fans.

22 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Really?  It's not the (Leeds) clubs fault, surely they'd have to take action against the individual(s) responsible.  If it was in the dressing room and it was Leeds employees I'd expect them to pay, but a club cannot be responsible for the actions of its fans.

I defer to Northern Red.

2 hours ago, Yipikiaye said:

I spoke to a ashton gate steward this evening only briefly , told me there’s damage in the away end today by Leeds fans . Anybody see what happened ? Also what happens can the club claim cost of repairs against Leeds . 

The clubs own fault, rather than having stewards in the away end they thought they'd use 30+ stewards to segregate home fans from other home fans. Complete and utter joke.

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If the damage is substantial and costly then usually the visiting club would be billed for it. If individuals can be identified it would be up to their club to punish them appropriately. 

So could a Landlord of a pub that suffered damage claim against a club?  When I worked for a Train Operating Company, we had a few trains trashed by football fans, there was no path for recompense against the club involved.  Maybe a club would pay a bill if it was presented, but I can't see that it would be legally enforceable if they declined.

8 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

The clubs own fault, rather than having stewards in the away end they thought they'd use 30+ stewards to segregate home fans from other home fans. Complete and utter joke.

Could it not have been a precaution against Leeds fans having home stand tickets? I would suggest it is; violence on the person is somewhat more of a priority than on a piece of metal or concrete. Could City have put additional in the Leeds end? Perhaps but maybe there were not enough. 

2 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I'm with the club on this. If you wanted a ticket in the unreserved section, buy 1 like the rest of us did . 

4 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Very curious to know the justification for that. Never seen anything like it with the away support so far away.

Already asked on another thread - but the Leeds fans used 3 smoke bombs yesterday - 2 of which landed on the pitch.

When this happened against Barnsley and our fans threw a couple of smoke bombs, there was a full inquest with talk of bannings and police involvement.

I fully expect then that the club will be taking identical measures to catch and punish the Leeds fans who committed such an unthinkable crime?

*for the record I like smoke bombs, but wouldn’t want any double standards

3 hours ago, Olé said:

Yeah, I saw them too. I think Mark Morrison was in the West Stand as well.

damage.png.d71c88a5b97414aba510230844acb97e.png

Yeah, that's so annoying when big people stand up at the front blocking the view of those sat in a dozen or so rows behind them. That being said, I can't blame the steward for sitting this one out.

I think their support is a bit overrated vocally too.

Sure, 'Marching On Together' was very loud a few times - but overall I thought their songs were a bit sporadic and there wasn't the variation you'd expect for a club like theirs.

I think Sheffield Wednesday have far better away support as another bigger club that travels well.

I must say though It was impressive to see 100% (bar the disabled area) of Leeds fans stood for the entire game. I wish our fans did that away from home.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Very curious to know the justification for that. Never seen anything like it with the away support so far away.

Already asked on another thread - but the Leeds fans used 3 smoke bombs yesterday - 2 of which landed on the pitch.

When this happened against Barnsley and our fans threw a couple of smoke bombs, there was a full inquest with talk of bannings and police involvement.

I fully expect then that the club will be taking identical measures to catch and punish the Leeds fans who committed such an unthinkable crime?

*for the record I like smoke bombs, but wouldn’t want any double standards

Radrizzani (our owner) was not impressed with the flares/smoke bombs. Said on twitter yesterday that LUFC will be fined - money that could have been used for social projects. If individuals are identified they will be prosecuted and receive banning orders. It happened at our away cup-tie at Sunderland the other year.  

4 minutes ago, Verloc said:

Radrizzani (our owner) was not impressed with the flares/smoke bombs. Said on twitter yesterday that LUFC will be fined - money that could have been used for social projects.  

I like them personally - I think they look great and add to the atmosphere. I wish someone would invent a 'safe' solution - water vapour or something.

My problem really is with our club's response. Against Barnsley at home, a few fans released some after we scored in a 3-0 win.

Club representatives came on here reading the riot act threatening bannings, police involvement etc - a total overreaction in my opinion. We now have searches at games specifically for smoke devices, CCTV trained on our supporters to catch them out and constant reminders about the harsh punishments for releasing them.

The least I expect from our club is consistency in their response and the same scrutiny to away fans given the grief home supporters get.

Congratulations on the result yesterday @Verloc, we played poorly and had some unfortunate injuries but you beat us pretty easily and played well in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I like them personally - I think they look great and add to the atmosphere. I wish someone would invent a 'safe' solution - water vapour or something.

My problem really is with our club's response. Against Barnsley at home, a few fans released some after we scored in a 3-0 win.

Club representatives came on here reading the riot act threatening bannings, police involvement etc - a total overreaction in my opinion. We now have searches at games specifically for smoke devices, CCTV trained on our supporters to catch them out and constant reminders about the harsh punishments for releasing them.

The least I expect from our club is consistency in their response and the same scrutiny to away fans given the grief home supporters get.

Congratulations on the result yesterday @Verloc, we played poorly and had some unfortunate injuries but you beat us pretty easily and played well in my opinion. 

See my edit above. 

Just now, Verloc said:

See my edit above. 

Interesting - I don't agree with banning people for such things. Total overkill in my opinion.

I just hope someone invents a safe solution. Imagine that on Dragon's Den - some geezer walks in wearing Stone Island and Adidas Gazelles - pulls out a smoke bomb and lets it off whilst singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" :clapping:

Archived