IGNORED

Opposition View

Cjay

Not going to turn into a bragging exercise, dont see the point in those.

I think perhaps firstly your team were surprised, your manager will have watched games etc and in the last few games we did none of the stuff we did yesterday. We stubbornly pass out from the back, when it has worked it has produced some lovely, slick attacking football, but when it hasn't we haven't adapted and it has been our downfall. Yesterday we mixed it up, there was passing it out from the back, but we wernt afraid to just launch it into spaces or towards Lasogga, that allowed us to push up and put you on the backfoot, we were pressing in numbers, Saiz, Alioski, Phillips and Lasogga would press your defence, and if they got it out to midfield then Ronaldo Vieira was on them, he never gave your midfield a moment to think what to do next, it caused you to lose possession on multiple occasions, including one in the 2nd half where we should have scored. 

The defence wasnt being pulled out of position, because they wernt chasing the ball, they were allowing O'Kane, Phillips, Vieira etc to do the chasing, the back 4 were keeping there shape and concentrating on that, meant Reid etc wasnt getting gaps and spaces to run into and make problems. Cant remember your lads name but your winger caused u a few problems, got a few crosses into the box, but we always seemed to have numbers back. You had a few chances where maybe should have done better, but by and large i thought we controlled the game and once we went in front i was confident we would win. We have gone in front 7 times in the league, won 7, scored 20, conceded 4, we often go for it early on, because if we can get our noses infront then we can play on the break, which suits us, same thing happened at Cardiff and Sheffield Weds, we had the first 15, 20 minutes, should have gone ahead but didnt, ended up losing. 

Overall, i thought 3-0 was fair, and maybe could argue you could have got 1 or 2, but then again we could have got 1 or 2 more ourselves, think you struggled with the speed of our counter attacks, and the energy and pressing that we were doing, it rattled you early on and dont think you ever recovered.

Lasogga was brilliant, thought he really dominated your defenders, which was a surprise, id said on our forum i thought he would struggle, but he showed some real skill and great movement for a big man, linking up with Saiz, Alioski and Phillips well and making sure your defenders had there hands full. 

Saiz was a threat, he is becoming a real fans favorite, his ability to retain possession is extraordinary and he moves with the ball at such pace it makes our counter attacks so much faster, also he has a great understanding with Alioski, the pair of them at times play some lovely stuff between them. 

Ronaldo Vieira though was the difference, he did not let your midfield rest, they were unable to get a comfortable bit of control over the midfield and that is largely down to Ronnie V, he chased, harassed and nibbled away at your midfielders and caused mistakes on quite a few occasions, typified by the shirt pulling incident, he was so desperate to get away because he knew there was a chance to score if he could that he dragged that player along the ground for a good while, in an age where players go down if you blow on them, that was a wonderful little moment, it showed what his overall performance was about, desire, determination and drive. 

I wouldn't be to disheartened, know what its like to get kicked in the nuts, we have had it last few games, but one defeat doesnt make a season, up until this point you have performed very well, its a blip, we all have blips, now its down to the team to make sure it stays as just a blip. 

*side note, until i read your game reviews i had no idea you had even signed Cauley Woodrow, never mind he played yesterday, didnt hear his name once. 

27 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I think perhaps firstly your team were surprised, your manager will have watched games etc and in the last few games we did none of the stuff we did yesterday. We stubbornly pass out from the back, when it has worked it has produced some lovely, slick attacking football, but when it hasn't we haven't adapted and it has been our downfall. Yesterday we mixed it up, there was passing it out from the back, but we wernt afraid to just launch it into spaces or towards Lasogga, that allowed us to push up and put you on the backfoot, we were pressing in numbers, Saiz, Alioski, Phillips and Lasogga would press your defence, and if they got it out to midfield then Ronaldo Vieira was on them, he never gave your midfield a moment to think what to do next, it caused you to lose possession on multiple occasions, including one in the 2nd half where we should have scored. 

The defence wasnt being pulled out of position, because they wernt chasing the ball, they were allowing O'Kane, Phillips, Vieira etc to do the chasing, the back 4 were keeping there shape and concentrating on that, meant Reid etc wasnt getting gaps and spaces to run into and make problems. Cant remember your lads name but your winger caused u a few problems, got a few crosses into the box, but we always seemed to have numbers back. You had a few chances where maybe should have done better, but by and large i thought we controlled the game and once we went in front i was confident we would win. We have gone in front 7 times in the league, won 7, scored 20, conceded 4, we often go for it early on, because if we can get our noses infront then we can play on the break, which suits us, same thing happened at Cardiff and Sheffield Weds, we had the first 15, 20 minutes, should have gone ahead but didnt, ended up losing. 

Overall, i thought 3-0 was fair, and maybe could argue you could have got 1 or 2, but then again we could have got 1 or 2 more ourselves, think you struggled with the speed of our counter attacks, and the energy and pressing that we were doing, it rattled you early on and dont think you ever recovered.

Lasogga was brilliant, thought he really dominated your defenders, which was a surprise, id said on our forum i thought he would struggle, but he showed some real skill and great movement for a big man, linking up with Saiz, Alioski and Phillips well and making sure your defenders had there hands full. 

Saiz was a threat, he is becoming a real fans favorite, his ability to retain possession is extraordinary and he moves with the ball at such pace it makes our counter attacks so much faster, also he has a great understanding with Alioski, the pair of them at times play some lovely stuff between them. 

Ronaldo Vieira though was the difference, he did not let your midfield rest, they were unable to get a comfortable bit of control over the midfield and that is largely down to Ronnie V, he chased, harassed and nibbled away at your midfielders and caused mistakes on quite a few occasions, typified by the shirt pulling incident, he was so desperate to get away because he knew there was a chance to score if he could that he dragged that player along the ground for a good while, in an age where players go down if you blow on them, that was a wonderful little moment, it showed what his overall performance was about, desire, determination and drive. 

I wouldn't be to disheartened, know what its like to get kicked in the nuts, we have had it last few games, but one defeat doesnt make a season, up until this point you have performed very well, its a blip, we all have blips, now its down to the team to make sure it stays as just a blip. 

*side note, until i read your game reviews i had no idea you had even signed Cauley Woodrow, never mind he played yesterday, didnt hear his name once. 

He's on loan and he doesn't normally start. On yesterday's you can see why. Not singling him out, we were dire everywhere.

26 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Thank you for your comments. We were without several first team players yesterday, whilst we were poor you were ecvellent. 

Number 21 Saiz is some player , ran the game and unfortunately we didn’t get close to him 

26 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Fair reflection Cjay. Thought you were the better team yesterday and deserved your win. You caught us on an off day and exploited that. Wherever you finish in the table I think we will finish above you so you are welcome to second spot!  Good support from your fans although its easy when you are winning.

33 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Completely agree with this. It was a complete midfield performance from him (even though it wasn`t against our best midfield by any means but you can only play what`s in front of you) and he just ran the show. I`d give my left bollock for someone like him in our side.

Yes you deserved victory but let's not forget who City had out. Baker, Smith & Patterson are crucial to us & any team would miss quality like that in this division. Diedhiou fitness wise has to managed thus benched (no doubt with one eye on Tuesday as well) but again another crucial player as he starts our high pressing game with his work rate. Bad day at the office for us but we'll done Leeds. 

Without reading all of that, I don’t think enough was made about the weather conditions yesterday. Yes, it was the same for both teams but Leeds were equally poor at 2-0 up.

We never recovered from that poor start and it was never going to be pretty after that.

Leeds were the better team of course but we’ve been as good as them and they’ve been as bad as us this season.

25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Completely agree with this. It was a complete midfield performance from him (even though it wasn`t against our best midfield by any means but you can only play what`s in front of you) and he just ran the show. I`d give my left bollock for someone like him in our side.

I have to agree, Viera was superb yesterday, the best player on the park IMHO. I gather he doesn't normally play, WTF??

17 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Yes you deserved victory but let's not forget who City had out. Baker, Smith & Patterson are crucial to us & any team would miss quality like that in this division. Diedhiou fitness wise has to managed thus benched (no doubt with one eye on Tuesday as well) but again another crucial player as he starts our high pressing game with his work rate. Bad day at the office for us but we'll done Leeds. 

That's pretty much our 'spine' but no excuses from me, we were well beaten yesterday.

Leeds were good value. They’ve got better pedigree players in a lot of positions. That said, it’s the case most weeks and why I won’t argue Leeds were good on the day and we were poor, we were nowhere near full strength. So @Cjay don’t think less of our team. The 3 players we were missing are undoubtedly the heart and soul of the squad. Shame we have to rely so much on them. Maybe could’ve gotten away without one but Baker, Paterson and Smith being out was far too big a loss. Paterson os basically our Saiz. I think Baker would walk into your back 4 while Smith is a true defensive midfielder who would’ve broken up some of your good play in the middle of the park. Again, well done to your lot. Needed the win and performance just don’t want people think we’ve had a fluke start. Would’ve been a much different game and I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t get to see it that way. 

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

He's on loan and he doesn't normally start. On yesterday's you can see why. Not singling him out, we were dire everywhere.

Ah, yeah i mean i genuinely had no idea he was on the pitch. 

Why didnt Diedhiou start?

2 hours ago, daored said:

Thank you for your comments. We were without several first team players yesterday, whilst we were poor you were ecvellent. 

Number 21 Saiz is some player , ran the game and unfortunately we didn’t get close to him 

Thanks, think thats probably fair, you wernt at your best and we were somewhere near ours. 

Saiz has been a star, we have a Man of The Match thread on our forum, points added up, Saiz has twice more then 2nd placed and already more then anyone else last season.  

2 hours ago, marmite said:

Fair reflection Cjay. Thought you were the better team yesterday and deserved your win. You caught us on an off day and exploited that. Wherever you finish in the table I think we will finish above you so you are welcome to second spot!  Good support from your fans although its easy when you are winning.

:sad26:

The Leeds away fans are great, utmost respect for them, some are reading this so they will be pleased by your comments, thanks. 

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Maybe so, as you say, can only play whats in front of you, but in Ronnies defense i believe that was his first league start this season, so makes it even more impressive, i'd give my right one to keep him in ours  :cool:

2 hours ago, redcherryberry said:

Did wonder why Diedhiou didnt start, seen him a few times, good player. 

Fair point on the other 3, same time we had Jansson, Hernandez, Dallas and the new lad Klich who didnt play or wern't even in the squad though, all ifs and buts i suppose. 

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

Did wonder why Diedhiou didnt start, seen him a few times, good player. 

Fair point on the other 3, same time we had Jansson, Hernandez, Dallas and the new lad Klich who didnt play or wern't even in the squad though, all ifs and buts i suppose. 

The one that I was surprised about was Kemar Roofe. Does he normally start on the bench?

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Could have been a different game had we not conceded so early and the ref done something about the fact that every time a city player went forward, he was held, kicked or tripped.

Alioski was caught late quite a few times, Saiz was kicked and tripped, and Ronnie nearly had his shirt stolen. :blink:

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I have to agree, Viera was superb yesterday, the best player on the park IMHO. I gather he doesn't normally play, WTF??

He has a long term niggly knee injury, it was confirmed as the reason by him today, so he is being managed it seems. 

2 hours ago, Offside said:

Fair reflection of the game in the OP. I thought Leeds' number 9 (Lasogga?) was a handful for our defence all afternoon, something our forward players weren't.

I hope it's a long time until we see City play that badly again.

Thanks on Lasoggas behalf, he got a bit of stick last weekend so im pleased for him :clapping:

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Leeds were good value. They’ve got better pedigree players in a lot of positions. That said, it’s the case most weeks and why I won’t argue Leeds were good on the day and we were poor, we were nowhere near full strength. So @Cjay don’t think less of our team. The 3 players we were missing are undoubtedly the heart and soul of the squad. Shame we have to rely so much on them. Maybe could’ve gotten away without one but Baker, Paterson and Smith being out was far too big a loss. Paterson os basically our Saiz. I think Baker would walk into your back 4 while Smith is a true defensive midfielder who would’ve broken up some of your good play in the middle of the park. Again, well done to your lot. Needed the win and performance just don’t want people think we’ve had a fluke start. Would’ve been a much different game and I’m a bit disappointed we didn’t get to see it that way. 

Paterson is the lad who plays on the wing? Think i watched you on tele recently and he did well, tricky and pacey. 

At times this season you would probably walk into our back 4 mate tbh, but read the Villa forums quite a bit and they sing Bakers praises so im sure he was a big miss, but at the same time, we had Pontus on the bench tbf. 

And that sounds like Smith is sort of your Vieira? that probably would have helped a lot, someone to keep a closer eye on Saiz? 

No, ive watched you at times and seen some good stuff, and think we getting a bit to far into the season to say anyone is having a fluke start, got to be quality in all these teams around the playoffs somewhere. 

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The one that I was surprised about was Kemar Roofe. Does he normally start on the bench?

Completely forgot about Roofe, sorry Kemar :blush:

He has started quite a few times, with mixed results, divides the fan base. 

But he is largely behind the trio of Alioski, Saiz and Hernandez. 

Footballs a funny game.

First half I didn't think Leeds were all that but they were 2-0 up... mostly down to our defensive ineptitude. 

Second half I thought Leeds were fantastic.... yet only took one chance and that was from a set play. Mercifully their failure to convert other chances saved us from real embarrassment. 

They definitely deserved the win. We never really looked like we were in the game. Having said that you know it's not your day and you aren't going to turn it around when your top goal scorer goes clean through... Misjudges the bounce and then falls over.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

How unfortunate, what good are two left bollocks to someone?

Archived