IGNORED

FA to investigate flares at AG

Robbored

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

See I read it as Radazzani (or however it's spelt) said that they would be fined and that money was coming away from social projects...

That's what he tweeted on Saturday night after the game. I honestly don't know what happens, but a Leeds fan who did the same at Sunderland was identified on CCTV & led away/arrested during the game. 

31 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Wills Leeds be punished for this or do we get the blame for not searching them properly.  CCTV should show who threw them.  

I said at the time that the stewards should throw them back.

Maybe if they didn't have such an inordinate amount of stewards bizarrely policing our own supporters they could've carried out better checks...

:whistle:

image.png.358fe3a860f45334c785feeb170662d9.png

30 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

It'll be us punished and rightfully so. It's the duty of our appointed stewards to ensure crowd safety and this falls within that remit I'd imagine. 

But hey...it's just harmless fun, the club should lighten up etc etc.... Apparently.:facepalm::grr:

Once and for all time. It is not harmless fun. It's dangerous and can cause people to be very ill.

A few years ago at Cardiff in a Wales v Romania World Cup game a guy was killed by some lunatic firing a distress flare horizontally across the ground. Hopefully the flares being thrown these days aren't the same sort and can only be thrown, not self propelled, but it could have someone's eye out....!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/appeal-court-to-review-rocket-death-sentences-1449897.html%3famp

• Admin
19 hours ago, williamsredngrey said:

A few years ago at Cardiff in a Wales v Romania World Cup game a guy was killed by some lunatic firing a distress flare horizontally across the ground. Hopefully the flares being thrown these days aren't the same sort and can only be thrown, not self propelled, but it could have someone's eye out....!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/appeal-court-to-review-rocket-death-sentences-1449897.html%3famp

They are completely different things - what was used in Cardiff was the sort of the thing used in boating, what we get at football are smoke flares

16 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Why should club's have to pay a fine? If it was upto me make the person who set it off as liable to pay the fine. 

There's adequate surveillance, expect they'd be able to identify the kid who set it off and chucked it. In my opinion if you're gonna let if off don't be a pussy and lob it haha. But really I don't see how this could be spun as being our fault.

Archived