IGNORED

Seen some funny things in football.......

Hillzider

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why not? The ball goes into the net without anyone touching it....

I think the rules for shoot outs are different in that you can`t score the rebound after the keeper`s saved it but I can`t see this one`s any different from the ball going in off the bar or the post.

It should count IMO.

I thought the law states that in a penalty shoot out once the ball ceases forward momentum the penalty is over and there for it should not of counted I'm quite sure there is a famous incident from the 86 quarterfinal between France and Brazil where by the ball strikes the post and rebounds in off of the keeper. The goal us given hut incorrectly. Fifa apologised over the incident.

Amazed how many outlets reported this but none questioning the legality of it.

12 hours ago, Greedo said:

brilliant video but wouldn't stand in a competitive game. once the ball stops moving forward for a pentaly (in a shootout) it's dead 

Apparently that's not true.

Dermott Gallagher was on talk sport last night, and said that the rule on this recently changed, and it's up to the referee to decide when the penalty is "dead".

A kick is successful if, having been touched once by the kicker, the ball crosses the goal line between the goal posts and under the crossbar, without touching any player, official, or outside agent other than the defending goalkeeper. The ball may touch the goalkeeper, goal posts, or crossbar any number of times before going into the goal as long as the referee believes the ball's motion is the result of the initial kick. This was clarified after an incident in the 1986 World Cup shoot-out between Brazil and France. Bruno Bellone's kick rebounded out off the post, hit goalkeeper Carlos's back, and subsequently bounced into the goal. Referee Ioan Igna gave the goal to France, and Brazil captain Edinho was booked for protesting that the kick should have been considered a miss as soon as it rebounded off the post. In 1987, the International Football Association Board clarified Law 14, covering penalty kicks, to support Igna's decision.

J.E.T. will NEVER be beaten by anyone when it comes to cool. I mean come on...  How many players can get you to actually laugh out loud when he's in the process of taking a pen for your club? Normally you're shitting bricks, or praying or something. When he stepped up, you could hear laughter.

Shit, I miss JET

Archived